+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 152

Thread: Robb

  1. #101
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    30
    "Fun" with the show isn't the right word, I'm afraid. The 'twist' just seems so calculated, so mean-spirited, and so downright cruel to both James and Andra, that it is more like the fascination with watching a train wreck. The only hope is that somehow James can salvage some kind of pleasant experience from this mess.

    And it is all the more frustrating because absolutely delightful guys like Robb _are_ fun to watch! It would be fun to watch the show _without the knifetwist_ - there were such a variety of guys there, and even the gay ones weren't necessarily all that interested in James anyway.

    This last episode was particularly painful. Picking the one last guy out of three guys whom James likes would have been a difficult task anyway - watching him spend his energy trying to track down the straight guy was unpleasant for him, for the other guys, and for the viewers.

    So Robb, I'm no longer able to 'have fun with the show'. And it's less fun without you!

  2. #102
    FORT Regular Kermit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    70
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    "Fun" with the show isn't the right word, I'm afraid. The 'twist' just seems so calculated, so mean-spirited, and so downright cruel to both James and Andra, that it is more like the fascination with watching a train wreck. The only hope is that somehow James can salvage some kind of pleasant experience from this mess.

    And it is all the more frustrating because absolutely delightful guys like Robb _are_ fun to watch! It would be fun to watch the show _without the knifetwist_ - there were such a variety of guys there, and even the gay ones weren't necessarily all that interested in James anyway.

    This last episode was particularly painful. Picking the one last guy out of three guys whom James likes would have been a difficult task anyway - watching him spend his energy trying to track down the straight guy was unpleasant for him, for the other guys, and for the viewers.

    So Robb, I'm no longer able to 'have fun with the show'. And it's less fun without you!
    I agree that its much less fun without Robb (well, I still have a champagne glass for him at MY place). On the twist, though I'm mized. On one hand, some awful twist is practically obligatory in reality shows these days. The worst part is that the final dates weren't nearly as much fun as they could've been -- it didn't look like anyone was having that much fun anymore.

  3. #103
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    "Fun" with the show isn't the right word, I'm afraid. The 'twist' just seems so calculated, so mean-spirited, and so downright cruel to both James and Andra, that it is more like the fascination with watching a train wreck. The only hope is that somehow James can salvage some kind of pleasant experience from this mess.
    ....So Robb, I'm no longer able to 'have fun with the show'. And it's less fun without you!
    I miss Robb too! He would have definitely given some better date scenes than what we saw (which was really chopped up and with so many voiceovers, you weren't sure if they just fit a voiceover with a scene and tried to trick us).

    The twist I think was not important to the show once we started watching. But given that they were trying to get a non-gay viewership to watch as well, perhaps they thought the twist was necessary to draw people to watch in the first place. The twist creates the buzz, but the success of the show is dependent on who the personalities are and what they do/how they click. does that make sense?

  4. #104
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    I think if Robb had a better date with James, minus the wind and sand, James would have discovered what kind of guy Robb is and what he would have brought to the relationship. Even if they ended up just being friends.

    Hopefully, Robb has found someone worthy of him.

  5. #105
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    I hope this guy just goes away.....he's trouble for our James.
    You couldn't be further from the truth. He is a very engaging and warm individual.
    I've met him before. He was very gracious.

  6. #106
    Hell's Librarian kyngsladye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    5

    I'm just here for the love

    I'm here for the Robb love.

    ____________________________

    Okay, now I have to say I thought Brian was the straight man. I'd read where Franklin was outed, but I hate spoilers and I refused to believe it was true. I'm just sorry that James' search for love was turned into "Hope I don't pick the straight man".
    Last edited by kyngsladye; 09-03-2003 at 05:07 AM.
    kyngsladye La Métropole

  7. #107
    Foggy Doggy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kyngsladye
    I'm here for the Robb love.

    ____________________________

    Okay, now I have to say I thought Brian was the straight man. I'd read where Franklin was outed, but I hate spoilers and I refused to believe it was true. I'm just sorry that James' search for love was turned into "Hope I don't pick the straight man".
    The final was interesting...I had the right straight man, and I think it was edvident in James final speech to Franklin, that he was the man that James was most attracted to, but in the end he knew he couldn't pick him because he felt he was straight, and he was right. The hurt was extremely strong, and I was caught crying myself when I watched it.

  8. #108
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    The final was interesting...I had the right straight man, and I think it was edvident in James final speech to Franklin, that he was the man that James was most attracted to, but in the end he knew he couldn't pick him because he felt he was straight, and he was right. The hurt was extremely strong, and I was caught crying myself when I watched it.
    I agree, Foggy Doggy. I think Franklin was definitely the one that James was most attracted to and the one he would have picked had he not found out about the twist.

  9. #109
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    I agree, Foggy Doggy. I think Franklin was definitely the one that James was most attracted to and the one he would have picked had he not found out about the twist.
    I think what James said on the finale to Andra was that although he was attracted to Franklin, he realizes that it was more just a purely physical thing -- not a lot of emotional/romantic chemistry. (it was during their discussion together outdoors by the pool) He was so taken by Franklin's looks that I think he hoped that something would develop, but by the end he knows it didn't; not compared to the other two. And even Brian, I think James was comforted by the thought of Brian's dependability and solidness. In the end he picked Wes b/c he knew there was something special there, and though he had reservations about the possibility that it would be a huge flame burst that dies quickly or one that roars on and on, he was gonna risk it and go for Wes.

  10. #110
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    West Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    I think what James said on the finale to Andra was that although he was attracted to Franklin, he realizes that it was more just a purely physical thing -- not a lot of emotional/romantic chemistry. (it was during their discussion together outdoors by the pool) He was so taken by Franklin's looks that I think he hoped that something would develop, but by the end he knows it didn't; not compared to the other two. And even Brian, I think James was comforted by the thought of Brian's dependability and solidness. In the end he picked Wes b/c he knew there was something special there, and though he had reservations about the possibility that it would be a huge flame burst that dies quickly or one that roars on and on, he was gonna risk it and go for Wes.
    But didn't he also say something like he didn't think anything would happen between he and Wes long term? I thought that's what I heard, but it was noisey where I was and I could have misunderstood. It's just my opinion, but I still think Franklin was the one he was most attracted to, but because he figured out he was the straight one, went with Wes.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.