+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Matthew

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Matthew is the guy who, as he was walking out to meet James, said in his voiceover, "I know what I'm looking for." His answer to the "desert island question" was that he'd want a CD player with some CD's.

Matthew's being overlooked may have something to do with his height.
    I can appreciate taller good-looking guys, but for long-term I would go
    for someone smaller than me. Maybe James is the same; he does like
    LITTLE Dan. Also, James' question was 'what would you want to wash
    up if you were stranded on an island?' It's a technicality, but I don't
    think a cd player would work too well or come in a water-proof box.
    Dan's answer about a person washing up was the best, showing he is
    a people person, or projecting that image (we don't know with Dan--
    that part's probably true). Since James likes Dan's extrovert-ism, he
    probably is not impressed with Matthew's quietness--that attribute being
    one of his main criticisms of some of the guys. KEN

His height? Lol, no, blame lack of camera time on Dan: he's hogging it all. =P

Well, technically, you'll never find a *living* human being wash up on shore either, but Dan is just feeding James what he wants to hear, IMO.

In the second episode, he tells Brian H. (Or Sean, I forgot) in the elimination round that he shouldn't underestimate quiet people. He did say something positive about quiet people and that it's worth keeping them (I don't remember an exact quote). Matt might have a chance, but since he's so quiet, he needs to be a bit more aggressive and stand out a bit. I can see him make it into the final 6, but most likely not into the final 3.

Does anyone notice how Matt nails this "gay" accent quite well?

Aha, I knew he was gay. The way he talked (He used the expression, "Like, oh my god") convinced me.

I am going to miss Matthew so much!

The one-one-one with James was memorable. He's very honest, and those eyes are so beautiful beyond words.

I remember saying how much I'd hate James forever if he eliminated Matthew, but now I'm not really as angry at him... more at Andra for not saving Matt!!!! WHY didn't you use that veto? Ugh.

James remembers Matthew saying that if he is standing next to another guy, James should choose the one he had the closest connection with.

Matthew said he wanted James to have the guy he was closer to, and that he wouldn't make up lies just to win in this competition. That was very noble and honest of Matt!

Matt's a good looking guy, he should have no problem finding someone else!

I dislike Andra now. She didn't use the veto on Matthew, when he totally deserved it.

*Cheers to Matt!!!*

I heard that all the eliminated mates come back on episode 6, the last one. I hope this isn't the last I'll see of Matt!

If Matthew wasn't that interested in James, why stay on? (other than the reason that you just want to look at him) Now he can move on too.

Matt said he didn't feel the 'instant connection', not that he wasn't that interested in James, IIRC. I think Matt would be with James if he could move on, but he would be happy even if he wasn't chosen, just like how Marc put it: let someone with a closer relationship with James win. That's why I like Matt.

I just started watching this show last night (new to this board).. I love Matthew! He's adorable, I'm dissapointed he left but I guess if there was no connection and he made that clear, might as well get out of the way. He's so cute though! Too bad he's gay.

Dear Kate

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Matt said he didn't feel the 'instant connection', not that he wasn't that interested in James, IIRC. I think Matt would be with James if he could move on, but he would be happy even if he wasn't chosen, just like how Marc put it: let someone with a closer relationship with James win. That's why I like Matt.

IMHO, If Matt was really interested in James, he wouldn't have said anything that could possibly lessen his chances at winning James' affection.

The one of the problems I have with this show is that the gay mates were so poorly picked (as far matching James' ideal man), making the straight mates more desirable.

It seems to me that James is looking for a masculine guy who is comfortable with being gay. How many of the mates actually fit into this category?

Sean

FORT Newbie
    I do no think that Matt meant that he had no attraction to James at all. I bet that if Matt was to stay longer that he and James could have developed something because something was already there.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrsean
    IMHO, If Matt was really interested in James, he wouldn't have said anything that could possibly lessen his chances at winning James' affection.

The one of the problems I have with this show is that the gay mates were so poorly picked (as far matching James' ideal man), making the straight mates more desirable.

It seems to me that James is looking for a masculine guy who is comfortable with being gay. How many of the mates actually fit into this category?

Sean
    well dan did too before we knew he was straight and darren is very straight acting as well

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast