+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jason

Any other info?

Anyone have a line on this guy's last name? I think I may have gone to High School with him.... He looks SO familiar.

His uneven eyebrows look pretty strange to me. And that little sideways grin...

Not too sure about him...

FORT Fan
    Boy Meets Boy," Loses Job

One step forward and two steps back.

While gay couple Reichen and Chip celebrate Thursday's victory on CBS' reality series The Amazing Race, the Navy has expelled one of its own for appearing on Bravo's gay romantic reality show Boy Meets Boy, reports San Diego's Southern Voice.

Michael Tiner, who went by his middle name Jason on the show, was discharged from the Navy for violating its "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy toward sexual orientation.

"I was ready for it," said the combat systems instructor. "I was comfortable enough with who I am and with my sexuality that I was ready to face the consequences.

Some worry the move could hamper the positive visibility gay men and lesbians have achieved on reality series.

"Unfortunately, what [reality show] applicants can learn from this is be careful because your livelihood is at stake," said Scott Seomin, entertainment media director at the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation.

"The consensus among viewers of Will & Grace and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy is that all is well in the world for gay men and lesbians and that is not that case," said Seomin.

As part of Boy Meets Boy's twist, Tiner's sexuality on the series was ambiguous--he could have been one of several heterosexual contestants--but after he was rejected by the leading man, James, Tiner's orientation was revealed.

According to the Southern Voice, the 26-year-old had already alerted his commanding officer by the time the first episode aired on July 29. The move to expel Tiner began immediately and became effective August 19. He received an honorable discharge.

Bravo refused to comment on Tiner's discharge on Friday.

The former Navy man also revealed that all the contestants were required to meet with a psychiatrist in part, he believed, "to make sure everyone was mentally stable, so when they found out there were straight people there nobody went postal on them."

Meanwhile, Reichen Lehmkuhl and Chip Arndt used their victory on CBS Thursday as a platform to encourage the belief that gay people were as capable and have the same values and goals as everyone else.

The duo won the contest's $1 million prize after being the first team to cross the finish line in Phoenix. Twelve teams raced around the world, from Los Angeles and through Europe, India, Malaysia, Korea and Australia, to make it to the finish line.

Lehmkuhl, a graduate of the Air Force Academy and a former Air Force officer, will appear in an upcoming documentary that investigates the military's 10-year-old "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy, the Washington, D.C., based Servicemembers Legal Defense Network announced Friday.

"The Pentagon is firing three people every day simply because of their sexual orientation," Lehmkuhl said in a SLDN press release. "If the same thing were happening in corporate America, most citizens would be rightfully outraged. The fact that our nation's largest employer discriminates against gay Americans under the sanction of federal law is equally appalling."

Foggy Doggy
    Unbelieveable, but typical......my life-partner also is in the military (Active Army Guard Reserves, and works the job 40+ hours a week....fulltime job for him), and even though he has told his commanding officer, and his commander's superior, all they said is "that's nice, now go back to your desk and do your job"....they could have cared less....I guess it depends on which officers you have.

FORT Newbie

This dudes a HUNK

Damn... I'm so infatuated with guy (Michael Jason)... I'm impressed with how tough he is goin against all odds in the Military and facing up to the truth about himself and taking full responsibility... he's a Role Model to all of us struggling Gay guys.. and such a handsome one at that! I wish I could meet him...

Aloha,
    Kane

Quote Originally Posted by fluff

SIGN: Virgo

HOME STATE: Mississippi

SEXUAL ORIENTATION: ?????

26-year-old Jason grew up in a small town in Mississippi. This southern boy now resides in southern California where he works as a Combat Systems Instructor for the Government. His perfect date would be having dinner and wine on a secluded beach in Guam. Jason loves hanging out with his friends and going to the gym. His current love is the Celtic star tattoo that he got while visiting Singapore. Jason believes in love at first sight. Although he has never experienced it, he hopes that someday he will.

Kane_Pukana!

I'm glad that Jason has such a strong fan. Maybe one of the other BMB guys might be able to give you a website or e-mail address for you to contact him. If not, perhaps you can contact someone/magazine who interviewed him and have them forward your request to him. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane_Pukana
    Damn... I'm so infatuated with guy (Michael Jason)... I'm impressed with how tough he is goin against all odds in the Military and facing up to the truth about himself and taking full responsibility... he's a Role Model to all of us struggling Gay guys.. and such a handsome one at that! I wish I could meet him...

Aloha,
    Kane
    I must agree with you Kane_Pukana! Michael Jason is a great inspiration to us all. That took a lot of guts to do what he did, and then to get bumped off the show the first night!
    By the way, do you live in Hawaii? I lived there for 14 years. I remember the original Hula's Bar and Lei Stand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12