+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by moviegirl74
    Okay, I don't know if anyone else caught this on the second episode... When James and Franklin had their one-on-one, Franklin referred to James' eyes as "feminine" when describing how attractive he is. Now, I have been around gay men for a large portion of my life and never ONCE have I heard the word FEMININE used to describe ANY part of another man. I have heard the terms b*tch, ladies, girlfriend, sister, princess, Queen, honey, baby, hottie, yummy, tasty, sweetie and luscious, but feminine? Never. Now, I realize that I am nothing more than your average everyday hetro woman who loves the company of gay men, so, please, set me straight (no pun intended) or just correct me if I'm wrong...is it common practice for gay men to describe attractive men as feminine?
    I am a gay man, but have to disaggree with you.....I have known guys who have femenine eyes, and some even famous ones who just have "girly" eyes in my opinion....doesn't mean they are gay at all, just have alluring & "pretty" eyes......Mike Hampton, picther for the Atlanta Braves (used to pitch for the Colorado Rockies as well) is such a man.

FORT Regular

From the Wes thread...

I hope Oh! Boy doesn't mind my copying his post from the Wes thread - let me know if it's a problem and I'll delete it. I thought it was rather choice:

Oh! Boy said:
    he doesn't do it for me either; his "mountain rescue" is SOOOO overrated in my book.....

james needs to "pull an Elaine Benes" and convince franklin he wants to play for the other team.... then he truly will be a gay icon
    I totally agree with the "shared fear" experience. There is just something about Wes that bothers me. Arrogance, maybe? He seems SO sure he's THE ONE for James.

As for your "pull an Elaine Benes":

*THAT* would be a "TWIST" I would appreciate! What a great idea!

FF

not a'tall FF -- i'll always take credit!

but i'll fight you for our Boy!!
    can you help me OUT?

FORT Regular

Thanks and I'll take that challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    not a'tall FF -- i'll always take credit!

but i'll fight you for our Boy!!
    Thanks, Oh! Boy! He took my breath away on the first episode. He'd be worth fighting for, IMO. (hoping like crazy i am right about this one!)

The only other one I felt at all intensely about was Matthew. He's a cutie, but Franklin is SO my type. (hopelessly romantic post!)

FF

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    Thanks, Oh! Boy! He took my breath away on the first episode. He'd be worth fighting for, IMO. (hoping like crazy i am right about this one!)

The only other one I felt at all intensely about was Matthew. He's a cutie, but Franklin is SO my type. (hopelessly romantic post!)

FF
    I don't even care anymore if Franklin is the straight one, he's still the most "real", even if he's "lying". Wes is a conceited wannabe. Brian isn't fooling anyone with his little saint act. He's not at all someone James would be interested if it weren't for this show.

Franklin, on the other hand, is intelligent, interesting, conversational, and h-h-hot. That "big hair" the boys bitched about is so cute. It's nice to see some individual style. Every other guy looks as if they have the same stylist.

GO FRANKLIN. You'll be out of the closet in no time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    I don't even care anymore if Franklin is the straight one, he's still the most "real", even if he's "lying". Wes is a conceited wannabe. Brian isn't fooling anyone with his little saint act. He's not at all someone James would be interested if it weren't for this show.
    Waitasec here. Just because they don't act like someone you relate to doesn't mean that they're not "real". I see people like Wes and Brian all the time, and yeah, maybe it's them putting on a 'game face' to be out on the town and all, but that's exactly what all of the mates were doing. So I don't think that really holds much credence for me, no matter who is the straight one.

Franklin, on the other hand, is intelligent, interesting, conversational, and h-h-hot. That "big hair" the boys bitched about is so cute. It's nice to see some individual style. Every other guy looks as if they have the same stylist.
    It looked to me like the whole hair thing was all in good fun. I have the feeling from the way they said it "well, I guess we pick on him now" (paraphrased) that they'd been doing it to some degree about some of the others when they had their one on one time. It's just the Franklin stuff that the producers decided to air.

-- Joe

GO FRANKLIN. You'll be out of the closet in no time anyway.
    Interesting post...I'm not totally convinced that Franklin has been the most "real" at this point...he does seem like he has something to hide, and James I think could tell that too, as he said something about how Franklin could be lying or something along those lines in one of his confessionals.

Wes may come off as conceited but I just think that he's "confident" if not cocky, but I do agree that he did seem like he was so sure that he was the one for James, as it shows when he was talking about Darren and his surprise that he was still around...

As for the "saint act" that Brian is putting on...I can't really tell what you're trying to say here, because I think Brian has been pretty genuine about his feelings and actions towards James (and Dan too, hehe) and the only reason James probably wouldn't be interested in Brian outside of the game was the fact that he was a bartender. But as they talked during their one on one, Brian explained his bartending situation and James really started to warm up to him.

And also...I think that Franklin will be out of the closet as well in no time, hehe...

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Peter7777
    Not in my experience. I do think that you're almost entirely correct. In deference to Franklin though perhaps he was trying to tell James that he had a sensitive and receptive character that showed through best in the movement and general quality of his eyes. If that were the case however he probably would have chosen a different adjective. Most gay guys have an underlying fear of truly feminine qualities. Because of that they're not apt to find those qualities in the object of their desire.
    I don't want to put too much weight on this, but I think it is an excellent point. I have tried to think all the terms I might use to describe a gorgeous set of eyes and "feminine" just isn't one of them. I don't recall ever using this term to describe another man. So is Franklin straight? Probably, and I soooo hate it. I hate it for James, because I do think there has been some connection between them. This leads me to my second point; even if Franklin is currently identifying himself as straight, I believe he is capable of having an emotional and phyiscal connection with another man. All that being said, I feel certain, he will identify himself as straight at the end of the show.
    Last edited by chase; 08-22-2003 at 07:59 PM.

FORT Newbie

Franklin is the str8 one

My gaydar says he's str8. All his behaviour
    seems to be fake, rather learned. Looks like
    he has gotten advice/training on being gay
    from someone. Instead of following his heart
    he seems to be pushing too hard for the ultimate
    prize of the show, that is James.
    Also as I was watching a rerun a few minutes ago.
    It just occurred to me why they were grouping the
    guys. I think the producers have already outed
    the str8 one. To make sure that at least one str8
    remains on the show. They grouped two str8's
    together.
    But somebody already in an earlier thread has
    taken notice of it. Would'nt it be interesting if in
    the next episode James or Andra, notice this and
    figure out the str8 one.
    Also I had concluded the navy guy who got eliminated
    in the first episode was str8, even though my gaydar
    did'nt agree with it. Then I came across another thread
    which mentioned he being discharged from the navy for
    being gay. I did'nt think somebody in their right mind
    would take such a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by nu_vega
    Also as I was watching a rerun a few minutes ago.
    It just occurred to me why they were grouping the
    guys. I think the producers have already outed
    the str8 one. To make sure that at least one str8
    remains on the show. They grouped two str8's
    together.
    But somebody already in an earlier thread has
    taken notice of it. Would'nt it be interesting if in
    the next episode James or Andra, notice this and
    figure out the str8 one.
    Only problem with that is that they don't know that more straight guys were in the mix, and even if they DID, they wouldn't know WHICH ones were straight. For example, everyone agrees that Darren was very straight acting, so if Andra and James did make all the deductions above, they still could choose the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by nu_vega
    Also I had concluded the navy guy who got eliminated
    in the first episode was str8, even though my gaydar
    did'nt agree with it. Then I came across another thread
    which mentioned he being discharged from the navy for
    being gay. I did'nt think somebody in their right mind
    would take such a risk.
    If it was right for him, then more power to him, I say.

-- Joe

+ Reply to Thread