+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin

During the last episode, when Darren and James kissed, Franklin did look p*ssed. He said it was jealously. If Franklin thought Darren was straight and had gotten much closer to James and the $ through the kiss, he would have been furious. It's like the supposed underdog sneaking pass someone more in the lead during dessert. He might have thought: why didn't I try that? or what will I have to do to advance?

FORT Regular

Originally posted in "Oscar Performance..." Thread

I thought this was the most unique line of thought presented regarding Franklin. Hopefully, flotsette won't mind my copying the message and my reply here:

flotsette said:

Hey it's just my minority opinion.

Watching the hug test closely, I noticed that James himself did the "hetero pat" on almost all the guys!

I know what y'all are sensing in Franklin. My prediction is that he's pretty fresh at self-identifying as gay. My guess is that experience-wise, he falls pretty much in the middle of the sexuality scale. FYI, I'm a bisexual woman (and no, I'm not confused, etc.) Although I was confused, at one point, at how both straight and gay society want you to "pick a team."

So my read on Franklin is that he's one of the few that falls pretty much in the middle rather than tending to one side or the other. And that he used to identify as straight, now identifies as gay, and at some point in his life, will identify as bisexual. So for everyone who reads him as straight, I think that's what you're feeling from him.

Only my opinion!

flotsette,

You have articulated something that I could not put into words myself. This is a very real possibility. A member from Milwaukee who posts here "has intimate knowledge" of "Franklin" and was his roommate. The poster has alluded to his "Franklin's" ambiguity.

You could very well have nailed this mystery on the head. I hope you are right, as I'd like to believe that Franklin (or whatever his real name is) is not so cold as to playing this for money.

Once more, I often find myself falling for the straight ones, so I am not the best of judges.

Thanks for making my feelings tangible in words.

FF

I have a new theory on why Franklin was jealous of the kiss with Darren. Assume for the purposes of this thought that Franklin is indeed the last hetero standing. See what you think:

The straights went into this knowing it was a game. They also went in knowing that there were straights in the mix, and that none of the other straights could reveal to each other who they were. So by this point Franklin has probably made his guesses on who else left in the group is straight. It was mentioned onscreen that the two social groupings in the house were Brian/Robb/Wes and Sean/Franklin/Darren. So if you're Franklin, you're probably assuming that one or both of the guys hanging out with you are straight because "birds of a feather" and all. Everyone's been mentioning how straight-acting Darren is, so he's on your "watch" list. What do you think when you see a kiss? You think that another straight guy has beaten you to the punch by using a kiss as a weapon. You get a little angry: "that's not fair", "why didn't *I* do that on my time with him?" etc.....

So it could be that he just felt outmaneuvered by another straight guy instead of jealous romantically of another gay guy.

What do you think?

-- Joe

FORT Newbie

Straighty Mchetero

Franklin is definitely straight.
    Think about it. Have any of you been 100% sure he was gay? I doubt it. I think we should all trust our instincts and call him what he is.
    I've done what a lot of people have - projected signs of "gayness" onto Franklin because he is gorgeous, cultured, and, most importantly, because James really seems to like him (just think of how gorgeous their babies would be).
    Still, gaydar works. I've called 12 for 12 so far, and Franklin seems straight to me.
    As for some trickery by the producers to make Wes or Brian appear gay and Franklin appear straight, I don't think they deserve credit for that much talent.

FORT Newbie

Calling all gay men, I have a question...

Okay, I don't know if anyone else caught this on the second episode... When James and Franklin had their one-on-one, Franklin referred to James' eyes as "feminine" when describing how attractive he is. Now, I have been around gay men for a large portion of my life and never ONCE have I heard the word FEMININE used to describe ANY part of another man. I have heard the terms b*tch, ladies, girlfriend, sister, princess, Queen, honey, baby, hottie, yummy, tasty, sweetie and luscious, but feminine? Never. Now, I realize that I am nothing more than your average everyday hetro woman who loves the company of gay men, so, please, set me straight (no pun intended) or just correct me if I'm wrong...is it common practice for gay men to describe attractive men as feminine?

Gay TV Fan
    I had thought Franklin might have been straight when he danced with James in the desert. When he was back to front with James, there was enough space between Franklin's butt and James' crotch to drive a mac truck. A gay guy would would have been right up against him.

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    I had thought Franklin might have been straight when he danced with James in the desert. When he was back to front with James, there was enough space between Franklin's butt and James' crotch to drive a mac truck. A gay guy would would have been right up against him.
    I thought somewhat the same re: the opportunity Sean had with James, alone in the dark, after the limo ride. It was a friendly peak on the cheek and hug after a night of watching other young, hard bodied men dance with their shirts off. It didn't make sense.

Franklin did try his hardest (don't laugh) with the dancing.

I think everyone on this board pretty much agrees that Franklin cannot be 100% straight...as much as he seems like the most straight of the 3 guys left, there HAS to be something else to him...I do agree on the comments made by a few posters that he could end up being bisexual...

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by moviegirl74
    Okay, I don't know if anyone else caught this on the second episode... When James and Franklin had their one-on-one, Franklin referred to James' eyes as "feminine" when describing how attractive he is. Now, I have been around gay men for a large portion of my life and never ONCE have I heard the word FEMININE used to describe ANY part of another man. I have heard the terms b*tch, ladies, girlfriend, sister, princess, Queen, honey, baby, hottie, yummy, tasty, sweetie and luscious, but feminine? Never. Now, I realize that I am nothing more than your average everyday hetro woman who loves the company of gay men, so, please, set me straight (no pun intended) or just correct me if I'm wrong...is it common practice for gay men to describe attractive men as feminine?
    Not in my experience. I do think that you're almost entirely correct. In deference to Franklin though perhaps he was trying to tell James that he had a sensitive and receptive character that showed through best in the movement and general quality of his eyes. If that were the case however he probably would have chosen a different adjective. Most gay guys have an underlying fear of truly feminine qualities. Because of that they're not apt to find those qualities in the object of their desire.

yeah, he's the "str8" one.... but i do believe that his ambiguousness helps him put doubts in our minds {coupled with his gorgeosness & suspicions of TV setups}

something no one's mentioned tho'-- when they were doing the gay cowboys eating pudding...er, wait, wrong show... when they were doing the gay cowboy line dancing, did you catch frankieboy's tone talking about jorge?

talking about him being "expressive with his hips" he sounded more disgusted than allured

somebody musta tipped him off on how to hug & his lapdance was also very convincing.... jim bob needs to get some tongue before he picks the final
    can you help me OUT?

+ Reply to Thread