+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Franklin

FORT Newbie
    Franklin doesn't need my approval or opinion, but I don't feel particularly sorry for him, nor do I admire his 'sensitivity'. His confession speech was about how frightened he was of being exposed, how he was experiencing something of what gay people feel, etc. But missing was any sense of guilt that he had been leading James along, right down to the last seconds, playing the role of an interested suitor, fully intending to yank it away and get his money. There was no realapology to James for jerking him around, nor even an acknowledgement that there was anything wrong with his actions.

Franklin, if his conscience had ever bothered him, could have taken himself out any time pretty easily. He chose not to. While he (like James) got blindsided by the producers when James revealed that he knew about the 'twist', any discomfort he felt was entirely of his own making. And even at that moment, he seemed to wrestle with the idea of brazening it out and denying James's accusation.

The sad thing is that there are plenty of women out there who will be happy to date Franklin (oh, the poor puppy), even though he has shown himself capable of doing or saying anything to get what he wants.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    Franklin doesn't need my approval or opinion, but I don't feel particularly sorry for him, nor do I admire his 'sensitivity'. His confession speech was about how frightened he was of being exposed, how he was experiencing something of what gay people feel, etc. But missing was any sense of guilt that he had been leading James along, right down to the last seconds, playing the role of an interested suitor, fully intending to yank it away and get his money. There was no realapology to James for jerking him around, nor even an acknowledgement that there was anything wrong with his actions.

Franklin, if his conscience had ever bothered him, could have taken himself out any time pretty easily. He chose not to. While he (like James) got blindsided by the producers when James revealed that he knew about the 'twist', any discomfort he felt was entirely of his own making. And even at that moment, he seemed to wrestle with the idea of brazening it out and denying James's accusation.

The sad thing is that there are plenty of women out there who will be happy to date Franklin (oh, the poor puppy), even though he has shown himself capable of doing or saying anything to get what he wants.
    I guess everybody sees things differently, but I came away thinking that he felt genuinely bad and guilty about leading James on. But either way, it's not like some rogue straight guy snuck onto the show and secretly infiltrated the otherwise gay mates, in order to hoodwink poor unsuspecting James. If it hadn't been him, it would have been at least one of six other guys. As far as taking himself out of the game, unless you consider facing a pretty hefty lawsuit easy, that was pretty unlikely. And since he obviously knew about the twist and knew that it would come to light sooner or later, you could hardly assert that he was blindsided.

FORT Newbie

franklin

IT'S A GAME and franklin played it well. if there is anyone to be lambasted for the deception, it's the producers! franklin did what he was paid to do.

Gay TV Fan
    TV Guide Online interviewed Frankin, here's the link:

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/030904a.asp

Why is the only interview with Franklin? Is the "straight" guy the only one worth talking to? Granted it's interesting to get what was going on in his head, but why zoom in on him and exclude the leading man and the man he chose? Aren't they the real story?

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiboi
    Why is the only interview with Franklin? Is the "straight" guy the only one worth talking to? Granted it's interesting to get what was going on in his head, but why zoom in on him and exclude the leading man and the man he chose? Aren't they the real story?

If you *read* everything, you'd see that James' interview is tomorrow.

Ste
    FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by lokiboi
    Don't get your panties in a twist -- tomorrow (or is that later today?) they are doing an interview with James! :-)

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by richard
    TV Guide Online interviewed Frankin, here's the link:

http://www.tvguide.com/newsgossip/insider/030904a.asp
    He's still very elusive in this interview. Damn that boy!!! He so cute, and mysterious.

I wish he would have answered the final question about a girlfriend "No, but I do have a boyfriend."

Now that would make this whole debacle of a show worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    I guess everybody sees things differently, but I came away thinking that he felt genuinely bad and guilty about leading James on.
    I agree. Though I wasn't necessarily a big fan of the "twist", I did get the impression that Franklin felt bad about leading James on.

Foggy Doggy
    Rathr lame interview.....he's still not telling the truth.....he's another one aspiring to be an actor (I'm open to any suggestions....pffffeil).

+ Reply to Thread