+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Franklin

FORT Newbie
    Yes I agree. During the "date" in #105 Brian asked James if he was nervous. Here Brian appears somewhat detached from the dating process choosing instead to view the interaction between James, Wes, and Franklin from a more analytic plane -- kind of like he was James' psychiatrist.

FORT Regular

Stereotyping from the leading man?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter7777
    Actually Franklin did kiss James on the cheek when they said good night to each other on last Tuesday's episode (#105).
    I'll probably get in hot water for saying this, but I feel I must:

James also ignored Franklin's tactile attempts to get closer to him in both episode 4 and 5. He was touching James on the knee and wrist, James did not react at all.

What he was supposedly taking Franklin to the spa for was to see if he would be uncomfortable taking his clothes off. As they were undressing, Franklin is facing James but James has his back to Franklin.

I think our leading man has fallen victim to those all too tempting stereotypes that this show was supposed to help dispel.

Because Franklin is the most masculine he must be the straight one? More than half of the gay men I know are more masculine than most straight men!

FORT Regular

Just in case I haven't been clear...

Just wanted to reiterate that Franklin is gorgeous I think even James realizes that, he just doesn't trust him. As someone replied to my post about Paul, "he's gay, even if he doesn't know it yet".

Quote Originally Posted by realKen
    During the date to the spa, as mentioned above, JAMES
    began expressing his suspicion. ......... My biggest problem with JAMES on this date was when the boys were changing to their bathrobes
    prior to their massage. Probably because of modesty (nothing
    wrong with that--it just worked against him here) JAMES kept
    his back to FRANKLIN while JAMES was removing his clothes.
    He should have been making eye contact with FRANKLIN to
    determine if there was any lust there. I don't believe there was.
    .......KEN
    If James was doing some detective work, I thought he would have faced Franklin, made a lot of eye contact and see what happened. Then I thought, maybe James was more camera shy for that part. He missed a good opportunity to see what Franklin's reaction would have been with them both in their briefs, in close proximity, and eye contact.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFan
    I think our leading man has fallen victim to those all too tempting stereotypes that this show was supposed to help dispel.

Because Franklin is the most masculine he must be the straight one? More than half of the gay men I know are more masculine than most straight men!
    James does rely on stereotypes... in show 5 James said he had reason to suspect Franklin because he was the "most masculine-acting" and then he said "if you're trying to get me to like you wouldn't you wanna be pretty gay." At first I was disappointed in James because of this but then I thought that this was just a roughly tuned "gaydar" and that he would fine tune it later. It's been out of use after all.

The reason I suspect Franklin is because of what he says and does not say (pronouns used, directness of answers, phrases, descriptions, etc.) and the way he acts and does not act (where he touches James, he doesn't kiss a la Darren when he knows it's OK). Also there is something very "canned" about his complements of James.

Quote Originally Posted by foody
    I'm CURSED with being a pisces... i'm waaaay too much of a dreamer, and take things too personally. Who are my best combos? Taurus? Capricorn? Libra? (It's really strange -- practically all my closest friends are these three)
    Hi all...you must think that I've been living in a hole or something, but I'm not familiar with all the astrology stuff? Umm, so can someone tell me what sign I am and what its traits are, and who I'm the most compatible with relationship/non-relationship wise? My birthday is February 25th.

Thanks!

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Roddick_Rulez
    Hi all...you must think that I've been living in a hole or something, but I'm not familiar with all the astrology stuff? Umm, so can someone tell me what sign I am and what its traits are, and who I'm the most compatible with relationship/non-relationship wise? My birthday is February 25th.

Thanks!

hey! you're a pisces too...! (I'm on the 28th) For a description, there's tons on the web if you do a quick 'astrology' search.

I rewatched episode one for the heck of it last night. In the opening montage of interviews, here are the three clips from Franklin:

1) "and look at the women, and look at the men, say I am --"

2) "I said, you know, am I really?"

3) "heterosexual"

Make of that what you will!

-- Joe

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    I rewatched episode one for the heck of it last night. In the opening montage of interviews, here are the three clips from Franklin:

1) "and look at the women, and look at the men, say I am --"

2) "I said, you know, am I really?"

3) "heterosexual"

Make of that what you will!

-- Joe
    I say Franklin is young, just came out a few years ago, if not more recently, and has a more vivid memory of the "questioning stage".

I think he's the best of the bunch...with the most potential. He's very young, so maybe he's not right for James. But is a shirtless bartender better for a gentle-but-jealous soul? Or a self-involved-mile-a-minute talker like Wes? Puh-leez!!!

Franklin's got my vote. He won't be the final pick, but he certainly won't be the straight one either.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by DNBursky
    OK, maybe that's a pun. I see that next week he wears glasses as shown at the end of yesterday's episode for next week's preview. How cute.

David

I am so hoping James picks Franklin and that he turns out to be gay. Mainly because I feel a strong attraction between them both and Franklin seems mature for his age. Also they seem to have had the same upbringing - both seem to have come from wealth and both are comfortable with being gorgeous, rather than letting their beauty corrupt their attitudes towards life. I feel they would have more in common and therefore have a better chance at making it than James would have with the cocky Wes - who seems to be incapable of being intimate with James, no matter how many opportunities he is given.

Also both James in his line of work (HR) and Franklin are people oriented and are in professions that bring joy to their constituencies - something I think they share career-wise.

This time tomorrow we'll know for sure.

+ Reply to Thread