+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

James doesn't know about the cruel twist to the show yet. So, he is buying all this crap from Dan. :p

Dan would have to work harder to pull off this gay thing once James knows the truth about the str8 guys. Hehe

Or better yet, don't work harder. It will make him look more foolish. :p

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    James doesn't know about the cruel twist to the show yet. So, he is buying all this crap from Dan. :p

Dan would have to work harder to pull off this gay thing once James knows the truth about the str8 guys. Hehe

Or better yet, don't work harder. It will make him look more foolish. :p
    Dan doesn't look foolish, he looks happy on the show - like he's definitely having a good time. He always has a smile on and seems to really be enjoying the opportunity/experience.

IMO, I don't think James would want to choose someone who isn't sure of himself. If Dan wants to win, he has to show James that he has reason to choose him. Good for Dan for being confident, especially in this type of atmosphere, where these guys have to sell themselves to some degree. I heard the show was taped in 9 days - that leaves little time to waste being shy or modest! As endearing as that may be, the wallflower route is not the way to go on this show! And we wouldn't avidly be following Dan's thread if that were the case! I think James was intruiged by Dan, as we all are (whether that intruige has a positive or negative connotation), and that is why he kept him around.

As for acting/not acting....who knows at this point! True, Dan had more face time than the other contestants, but the first episode focused so much on James! I know I was left wanting to know more about what each of the guys is like, especially Dan
    Last edited by TheRealDeal; 08-05-2003 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    Dan doesn't look foolish, he looks happy on the show - like he's definitely having a good time. He always has a smile on and seems to really be enjoying the opportunity/experience.

^ Yeah, I love that smile of his!

IMO, I don't think James would want to choose someone who isn't sure of himself. If Dan wants to win, he has to show James that he has reason to choose him. Good for Dan for being confident, especially in this type of atmosphere, where these guys have to sell themselves to some degree. I heard the show was taped in 9 days - that leaves little time to waste being shy or modest! As endearing as that may be, the wallflower route is not the way to go on this show!

^ Oh yeah, Dan's confident. In fact, that's his problem. Overconfidence. Cocky. Cheesy lines. Did you see him on the first episode, on the brink of disappointment of not being chosen? IMO, there was no point in saying he had an open relationship with a boyfriend back in New York (partly because it's most likely a lie, plus Andra and James didn't like the idea of that). But, I guess that's why James kept him anyway... for being very candid and honest... and to fool James to think he's gay just because he *has* tight relations with a guy in NY.

And we wouldn't avidly be following Dan's thread if that were the case!

^ I agree, Dan's personality seemed to have sparked the most conversation for some reason. I keep replying in this topic, anyway

I think James was intruiged by Dan, as we all are (whether that intruige has a positive or negative connotation), and that is why he kept him around.

^ As for the first episode, he kept Dan for his... erm... brutal honesty.

As for acting/not acting....who knows at this point!

^ I'd say he is straight and was paid to act gay on the show. This is practically a fact right now, due to the evidence everywhere (His str8-acting on his other reality show appearance, "Lost"), but it's not truly confirmed.

True, Dan had more face time than the other contestants, but the first episode focused so much on James! I know I was left wanting to know more about what each of the guys is like, especially Dan

^ Hehe, me too. Did you check out his site? (http://www.danwells.com/)
    I was planning on sending Dan an email about Boy Meets Boy and his acting career but my stupid Outlook Express program won't receive emails at the moment, so even if I do send him one I won't get his response. -_-

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    But, I guess that's why James kept him anyway... for being very candid and honest... and to fool James to think he's gay just because he *has* tight relations with a guy in NY.
    -_-
    hmmm I don't agree with this point - I think context is important here. James asked him what kind of person he'd want on the island, and that's when Dan mentioned this person. I think in his honest and candid way, he was trying to show James that the connection you form with people is most important to him, and he was using this guy as an example of a past relationship he's formed, which shows he's capable of being close and personal (I'm sure James was looking to hear something like that), and that it really is important to him (he's not just conjuring up 'perfect' answers). He said right away that they're not exclusive. So maybe he's out there exploring his options? I still don't know about his sexuality - I saw Lost and there was no hooking up...and it did strike me as odd that he didn't have a girlfriend/wife (they always referred to him as single on the show - I assumed straight), and then I saw him on this show and thought ohhhhhhhhh! So I don't know, maybe he is gay and that's why. Maybe not...ahhhh I don't know! I need to see more. We'll see how tonight goes - as of now, I'm not convinced he's straight. Either way, I love him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    hmmm I don't agree with this point - I think context is important here. James asked him what kind of person he'd want on the island, and that's when Dan mentioned this person.

^ 'Any' person, boy or girl. He didn't specifically mention his relationship with this guy when James asked that question. Dan merely brought it up during the one-on-one.

I think in his honest and candid way, he was trying to show James that the connection you form with people is most important to him, and he was using this guy as an example of a past relationship he's formed, which shows he's capable of being close and personal (I'm sure James was looking to hear something like that), and that it really is important to him (he's not just conjuring up 'perfect' answers).

^ I get your point, I guess, about the importance of relationships, but James didn't seem to like the fact that he has an open relationship. He doesn't want any of that, 'cause it was the cause of many breakups in his past.

He said right away that they're not exclusive. So maybe he's out there exploring his options?

^ I guess that's Dan's plan.

I still don't know about his sexuality - I saw Lost and there was no hooking up...

^ Maybe they edited it out? Or maybe they didn't have time, 'cause it's a race? o_O Anyway, I think I saw parts of the second season. I didn't really remember Dan, though, but I wish I did remember! >_<

and it did strike me as odd that he didn't have a girlfriend/wife (they always referred to him as single on the show - I assumed straight), and then I saw him on this show and thought ohhhhhhhhh! So I don't know, maybe he is gay and that's why. Maybe not...ahhhh I don't know! I need to see more. We'll see how tonight goes - as of now, I'm not convinced he's straight.

^ It strikes me odd as well that a man as good looking as him probably hasn't found that special someone to settle with yet. He's 29 for crying out loud. Plus he's an actor - really really busy. Probably doesn't have the time for dating and stuff.

Either way, I love him.
    ^ You and me both.
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 08-05-2003 at 04:04 PM.

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    Maybe he'd look better if his hair wasnt taller than Mount Everest...

IMO that is..
    "For me, the funniest jokes are the ones I don't get until the next day because I bust out laughing from nowhere, scaring half the people around me, which just makes me laugh harder."

^ Lol.

Tall hair? Not really. His hair's fine, like he is.

FORT Fan
    Also realize at the end of last weeks episode there was a quick scroll on screen that said the eliminations were done by James in conjunction with the producers so they may have 'encouraged' him to keep Dan - thinking it would be good tv - plus if he is str8 they dont want all their str8 boys disappearing off the bat. Theyre supposedly 5 out of 15 that are straight (one - third which is a lot) and Im sure they didnt want to lose 2 of them on the first day because that would defeat the purpose of the show.

Yes, I know its sneaky and not totally on the up and up, but trust me, Ive worked on these types of sh ows and Ive seen producers do much worse to get things to turn out the way they want it to.

Keeping Dan won't hurt the show much...

Well, even if Dan is eliminated, we still get to see him on the last episode. I heard all 15 suitors reuinite on the last segment and they each tell they're sexual orientation to James.

I'm looking forward to tonight's episode! 4 more hours from the time this was posted.

FORT Regular

DAN the MAN

Well, obviously Dan has generated the most interest. James must have
    been initially hopeful even though Dan told him he is not what James
    claims to want, 100 per cent monogamous. The show airs in about an
    hour and a half from this post, and I'm thinking James will be history. KEN

+ Reply to Thread