+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    ... Okay, I'm betting my money that he is straight, so I'll stop rambling for a bit.

I bet you all have now figured out Dan is my favorite suitor. It's a matter of infatuation, really.
    I'm betting that too, and I'm hoping he gets cut next week. Sorry Mr Obvious, he's good looking and has a nice body, but as a straight man he HAS TO GO

FORT Newbie

Complete tidbit

[QUOTE=Mr. Obvious]More of my Dan talk:

Dan said this about the "Boy Meets Boy":

"... it's a glimpse into a lifestyle that has become very accepted, but yet not quite so well known." said hopeful Dan Wells."

Here's the full tidbit from the article (I'm not bored, I'm unemployed, so I have time for such nonsense ) -

There's another show coming to the airwaves this summer and it seems to be grabbing attention before it even starts. The new show that is being billed as "The Bachelor with a twist" has a big twist: All the players are men. The groundbreaking series is the first gay dating show, but with a twist that may cause some controversy.

"It's a glimpse into a lifestyle that has become very accepted, but yet not quite so well known," said hopeful Dan Wells.

It is biceps and brawn, not breasts and backside that will guide this summer's new reality serving. Folks will get a crash course in 'Gay 101' as Bravo's new gay-themed dating series bows in July.

"It's not just a bunch of nelly queens fighting over makeup and hair product. It's real people like myself and all the other guys. There are different aspects of our personalities and it's like, 'By the way, we're also gay.'" said contestant Robb MacArthur.

In Boy Meets Boy, which one could say is a cross between Joe Millionaire and The Bachelor, one eligible man looks for love in a pool of 15 potential mates. In this case, it's 32-year-old Californian James.

"They're just all good people who you may or may not know are gay if you saw them on the street," said James.

So what is the twist stirring up some trouble? The twist is that some of the suitors are actually heterosexual men who were paid by the program to pretend to be gay, unbeknownst to the eligible bachelor.

BTW, I'll also go on record as saying that of all the men James himself is far and away my favorite but of the "mates" Franklin is tops in my book.

Thank you CuteBrain! I appreciate it.

I think James should *test* Dan, and practically all bachelors, with a clever way of seeking out the str8 guys. Questions, you know. Found this in an article here:

OK, what does this all mean? Why are straight guys being thrown into the mix? Are we not fabulous enough on our own?

Itıs hard for me to imagine a gay man courting a straight guy and not figuring out within minutes that his potential mate doesnıt actually go to our church. In order to create intrigue, the interlopers will likely blend right in since theyıll be dressed and coiffed by the network. And, of course, these charlatans will be trying to act like friends of Dorothy in order to win the money. Our gay bachelor may have to devise clever ways to smoke out the imposters. His ³queerying² will have to be sneaky and well thought out.

Since there are almost as many gay dads as there are fans of Sponge Bob Square Pants, asking questions about parenthood wonıt garner much useful information. Our guy will have to dig deeper and think harder. Heıll have to learn sports trivia like Mike Piazzaıs batting average, Super Bowl records and whoıs hot (no, not that kind of hot) on the NASCAR circuit.

In order for him to get inside The Mind of a Straight Man heıll need to memorize the Hooterıs menu and learn the names of domestic beers. Forget the gym, our bachelor will get his exercise mowing his lawn and figuring out how to fix his lawnmower. Using only Duck tape. And most important of all, heıll need to understand what straight men find most annoying about women.

Once heıs done those things, our leading man should have no problem weeding out the imposters and honing in on the real thing.

Well, how could he 'study' all of those things beforehand? The show's producers just told him about the heterosexual mix of men during the course of the show...

... unless Dan annoys James into eliminating him anyway. The preview for tomorrow's episode shows Wes dancing with Dan, with Wes bein' a lil' too personal with his hands on Dan...

I think there's a high chance Dan will be eliminated on the second episode.

But, in a promo ad for "Boy Meets Boy", the one where critics rave about it, there's one shot of James standing in front of the 15 bachelor portraits. There were about 6 or so of them gone already, I think, but Dan's picture was still there. His portrait is in the center row - second column from the left. So, I guess he remains next episode. (Honestly - YAY. )

FORT Fan
    Remember at this point, James had been told that all the men were gay so there was no reason for him to suspect otherwise. Im sure if he goes to kiss someone and they pull away, he'll be wondering why

FORT Fan
    Well the only people who'd put it on a resume are actors or models or others who want to be in the limelight that want to use it as 'television experience' - if they are unioned actors, theyd have to be paid union scale for being on the show --- unioned actors need to get paid even when they go on TV talk shows - even if its just scale.

Now if you were an accountant or a lawyer, you wouldnt put it on a resume would you?

Unless like Brian A the chiropractor working in the gay part of San Diego who wants to capitalize on his "fame' in the gay community by making appearances and advertising his participation --- If gay people go to see him for just that reason - then theyre stupid.

its like when you look in gay magazines, and you have realtors, doctors, lawyers, etc who have all these ads with their pics (if they are good looking) I find that insulting and almost offensive - not to mention silly.

But some guys are shallow

He did? Great

So, if 'Boy Meets Boy' was on his resume, does that mean he won it too? (Which would be odd, honestly, unless for some reason he truly convinced James)

I think it's merely a record of his participation. I bet all 15 suitors have 'Boy Meets Boy' on their resume.

Michael Godinez does.

FORT Fan
    Gay people dont tend to refer to being gay as a "Lifestyle" - it just is. "Lifestyle" is a word that conservatives tend to use

Interms of his popularity - its like being the character that one loves to hate ; all of these reality shows tend to edit to create this 'type." That plus the fact that he came across as cocky and ridiculous leads to all of this. Plus they edit to make him one of the 'stars' of the show.

I hope hes str8 cuz I dont want him on my team; but I also dont want someone who participates in a show like this to boost their career due to this stupid reality crap.

Plus that whole line about the guy back home just was too wierd.

More of my Dan talk:

While I was bored, I was searching Google with "Dan Wells" "Boy Meets Boy" (Quoted included around "Dan Wells" and "Boy Meets Boy"), I apparently found this link to an article.

On the 'preview text', there is a quote from Dan himself about the show. (First article I've ever seen him to be interviewed, so I just had to read it)

The link didn't work. Ugh. It was an Access Hollywood/MSN article that expired and no longer exists.

The 'preview text' said: "... become very accepted, but yet not quite so well known," said hopeful Dan Wells. ... In Boy Meets Boy, which one could say is a cross between Joe Millionaire and ..."

Sounds vague, but suspicious. Yet, I did, however, figure out more of the quote, by replacing "Dan Wells" in the search box with "become very accepted", and it revealed the "It's a glimpse into a lifestyle that has..." part of the quote in the beginning sentence. I tried using "It's a glimpse" but it didn't reveal anymore of the beginning sentence. Sounds confusing? It's just a matter of... well, boredom.

Dan said this about the "Boy Meets Boy":

"... it's a glimpse into a lifestyle that has become very accepted, but yet not quite so well known." said hopeful Dan Wells."

I don't think any gay man would say that, honestly. If he was already gay, he wouldn't say it's a 'glimpse into a lifestyle', because he'd already be living that kind of lifestyle. Or maybe he's just saying it for the public, since this TV show glimpses into a life of gay people. Or maybe it's just too vague and this quote really doesn't show he's straight or anything, because a gay man could say the same thing about the show.

... Okay, I'm betting my money that he is straight, so I'll stop rambling for a bit.

I bet you all have now figured out Dan is my favorite suitor. It's a matter of infatuation, really.

James says Dan's answers seem too perfect... Well, that's the ONLY thing James needs to eliminate him for being straight, IMO, once he discovers about the twist.

Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    Gay people dont tend to refer to being gay as a "Lifestyle" - it just is. "Lifestyle" is a word that conservatives tend to use
    ^ - Yeah, that's basically the point I was trying to get across.

Interms of his popularity - its like being the character that one loves to hate ; all of these reality shows tend to edit to create this 'type." That plus the fact that he came across as cocky and ridiculous leads to all of this. Plus they edit to make him one of the 'stars' of the show.
    ^ - Plus he looks good. :p

Well, there's no doubt in what you said: He acts nice but is WAY too sure of himself. o_O

Can you get any more vain/conceited/selfish/idiotic than to say 'I express and exude a sensuality and sexuality' (What he said when he first met James on a voiceover)?

He's still hot. :p

but I also dont want someone who participates in a show like this to boost their career due to this stupid reality crap.
    ^ - People who find success from Reality TV, and appear in movies and stuff soon after, and are on covers of magazines everywhere, it annoys me too. Yet what's better to ruin Dan's career than to appear on this show? I bet all his str8 croonies will tease him for being on it. :p

Dan should pursue better acting. I just think he's desperate or something if he's on this show.

Plus that whole line about the guy back home just was too wierd.
    ^ - Oh gawd he's such a liar with that line. :p

What kind of blatant strategy is that? I'm guessing he's merely lying that he has a boyfriend so that he might think James immediately thinks he IS gay? Come on.

Dan is one of the highlights of the show, well, for me, personally.

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    Ok, when i saw Dan in BMB I knew he wasnt gay. I have always had the gift to know what people were feeling and there is no connection at all between these 2 (James). I get a very strong secrecy vibe coming from him, so hes hiding something (duh!)

And he is trying way too hard to come off as gay it makes it pretty obvious when he says he believes in relationships over and over, and thats basically his only answer to every question asked!

Heh, can Dan's acting get any cheesier? :rolleyes

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    haha! yes...hes not very good at this gay thing, but so far it seems James is taking it in..or maybe he feels pity for his extremely bad acting and wants to make Dan think hes buying it??

WES

+ Reply to Thread