+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

FORT Fan
    What have I done? Lets see, Im intelligent, honest, attractive, kind, cute, funny, have lots of good friends, have traveled around the world... college graduate with a straight A average, worked in television and corporate and entertainment industries, including being a publicist for one of the highest rated TV shows - and getting my clients on shows such as "TODAY" and on the cover of PEOPLE Magazine. Ive worked with a variety of celebrities since I first began my career.
    So I have no reason to grind an axe - just stating my opinion. Hes the type of guy that I personally would avoid but thats my opinion. He looks cute when you first look at the picture but then his personality turned me off big time. I did look at his website and didnt see anything that impressive - just another struggling actor - I wish him the best, but I find it amusing that his resume highlights 2 reality shows at the top. As for doing a small movie in OK, more power to him. We all know other 'reality' people have gone on to TV fame - if you want to call it that ----
    Dr Sean from Survivor is a TV reporter in Miami; Jeff Varner from Survivor is reporting for E! News; Elizabeth from Survivor hosts a show on Style Network; Charlie Mahrer is a correspondent for EXTRA; Eric Nies hosts Dance Fever, Melissa from Real World works on Oxygen; Rachel Campos is once again auditioning for THE VIEW , numerous women and one man posed nude for Playboy (and Playgirl); etc etc etc - Theyve all extended their 15 minutes and made the most of their time in the spotlight - some of them have been good - others should go back into hiding.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDeal
    Obnoxious? Annoying? Are you serious? What show were you watching?? Wow, I think you need a reality check. This guy clearly has his act together- Ivy league grad, tons of acting gigs - and on top of that, is by far the HOTTEST guy on the show who has been nothing but cute, friendly, and honest to everyone. I am a good judge of character and can tell you that James was right about Dan - his smile is genuine and he is well spoken and out there ENJOYING himself. I see you've read his website. Did you read anything about the show in his news section on his website? No. Clearly, he's not trying to focus on this in his acting acting career. And struggling? He's in Oklahoma for a month filming another movie. I think he did the for fun because he's in the industry and GOOD FOR HIM to be open to experiences and for even getting on the show! They say James is a catch, but I think Dan is much more of catch - what more could you ask you? Hello! What are you doing with your lives that even comes close to what he's done and is doing now? But I can see how guys would be jealous. All I can say is this guy ROCKS. He's a perfect 10 on paper and backs it all up with real personality, charm and energy you can feel. I give him a lot of credit. Gay or straight, I hope he stays around and if he leaves, it will be because James is jealous of Dan too, and wants all the attention for himself. Oh and I hope we get to see him without his shirt a few more times - an added bonus. Bottom line - give the guy a break!

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    What have I done? Lets see, Im intelligent, honest, attractive, kind, cute, funny, have lots of good friends, have traveled around the world... college graduate with a straight A average, worked in television and corporate and entertainment industries, including being a publicist for one of the highest rated TV shows - and getting my clients on shows such as "TODAY" and on the cover of PEOPLE Magazine. Ive worked with a variety of celebrities since I first began my career.
    So I have no reason to grind an axe - just stating my opinion. Hes the type of guy that I personally would avoid but thats my opinion. He looks cute when you first look at the picture but then his personality turned me off big time. I did look at his website and didnt see anything that impressive - just another struggling actor - I wish him the best, but I find it amusing that his resume highlights 2 reality shows at the top. As for doing a small movie in OK, more power to him. We all know other 'reality' people have gone on to TV fame - if you want to call it that ----
    Dr Sean from Survivor is a TV reporter in Miami; Jeff Varner from Survivor is reporting for E! News; Elizabeth from Survivor hosts a show on Style Network; Charlie Mahrer is a correspondent for EXTRA; Eric Nies hosts Dance Fever, Melissa from Real World works on Oxygen; Rachel Campos is once again auditioning for THE VIEW , numerous women and one man posed nude for Playboy (and Playgirl); etc etc etc - Theyve all extended their 15 minutes and made the most of their time in the spotlight - some of them have been good - others should go back into hiding.
    So funny that you thought *Dan* was cocky!!!

Bostonsinclair, you seriously sound like quite the catch! Gentlemen, if he's not already taken, you better hustle your butts for a man this good!!! More power to you. I'm glad for your accomplishments. Thanks for giving us a reality check into a small part of your life.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe one point of your post is to let us know that your thoughts/impressions on Dan had nothing to do with jealously.

Dan is just.....hot

It seems that some people are taking personal jabs at others. Let's all just stop this now. I've read before that those on reality TV are open to comments, etc. Not FORT members.
    Last edited by eldee; 07-31-2003 at 12:54 AM.

LOL...for some reason it blows me away that people actually don't like Dan! I personally think he is absolutley gorgeous and I also like his personality. I think his cockiness makes him even more desirable IMO. My first impressions of Dan were that he was straight...I just can't get out of my head that a guy that looks that good can be gay. I also realized though that if he was straight, I don't think he would have told James about his "tight" friend back in New York. If he is straight, he is obviously there to win the money, but if he wanted to win the money, he wouldn't have told James something that would upset him. I think I am now leaning more towards him being gay. Oh and just because he "flirted" with his female partner on LOST, doesn't mean he is straight at all. I'm gay and I flirt with girls all the time.

FORT Newbie

why?

Geeeezzzzzzzz.... give this guy a break! If you are having problems with Dan and his attitude, place the blame on the editors of the show... they partially created the 'arrogant, confident' portrait you perceive...
    Last edited by lobeck; 07-31-2003 at 08:50 AM.

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by badprof
    Geeeezzzzzzzz.... give this guy a break! If you are having problems with Dan and his attitude, place the blame on the editors of the show... they partially created the 'arrogant, confident' portrait you perceive... Dan, in my opinion, is the envy of many of you LOOSERS!

Exactly! The focus of the episode was James - each guy got little face time (Dan more than others - woo hoo!) and the editors chose the parts to include, and definitely for a reason. I think it's harsh of people to label him with such mean and undeserving terms before we even get to see his true personality. I like what I saw - I think people just don't like other people who seem so perfect! And that's how he came across. I don't think he was cocky - I think he was confident....and confidence is sexy! And much more attractive and interesting to watch than watching someone who is nervous and unsure of himself.

Quote Originally Posted by I_luv_DanWells
    .....My first impressions of Dan were that he was straight...I just can't get out of my head that a guy that looks that good can be gay. ......
    Can anyone nicely explain this to me?

Yes, I can. Someone who is insensitive and intolerant made a stupid off-hand comment.

+ Reply to Thread