+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 40 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    I totally appreciate the fact that he acknowledges how hard it is to pretend to be someone else, and if he gets in the way of James' quest to find love, then he'd rather get thrown out of the game than get in the way.
    Oh, puh-leeze!! You actually bought that load of bull?!?

Dan sure didn't have any moral qualms about "getting in the way" until he got eliminated, now did he? Up until that moment, it was all about the money and media exposure for him and he was doing everything he could to stay in the game -- and to stay in the way of "James' quest for love".

His whole ending monologue sounded scripted to me. Even if it wasn't, what did you expect him to say? "Well, I'm just a media wh*re who got found out. Being a pretty face ain't what it used to be. I mean, I couldn't even put one over on the gay guy and charm my way to the $25,000. Guess I better brush up on my acting skills some more. Later, dude."

I believe what Dan said at that time. People aren't always so cut and dry.

The "job" was just that at the start. All of the guys got to know each other later on and were put in an unusual living situation together. Maybe that was more of a reality check for him. If so, great for him and anyone else watching who had their eyes opened.
    Last edited by eldee; 08-13-2003 at 10:44 AM.

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I believe what Dan said at that time. People aren't always so cut and dry.

The "job" was just that at the start. All of the guys got to know each other later on and were put in an unusual living situation together. Maybe that was more of a reality check for him. If so, great for him and anyone else watching who had their eyes opened.
    I agree, Eldee. I think Dan acted much more low key than usual in this episode. He seemed troubled the whole time, and obviously after the James conversation. I think he was starting to really feel bad about not being honest with James or the other guys -because it's pretty clear that Dan is an honest guy.

It seems to me like others were investing themselves in this experience and in the bonds they were forming. IMO Dan really liked a lot of the guys and saw that James was trying to give him a fair chance by trying to get the real story out of him...so he must have felt wrong to allow these friendships to grow and James to think there's a chance they can be together without them knowing the whole truth about him.

Well, call me gullible to because I actually believed Dan as well. The first time I believed anything he said on the show was during his final remarks. Seemed honestly said and heartfelt to me. *shrug*

I was not a Dan fan before but now I forgive him.

Fell in love with a boy.. realitynut95's Avatar
    are there any more websites for dan besides his official one?

Even though I've known Dan was straight the whole time, (well, almost the whole time)...I was actually sad to see him go. I'll miss Dan, he really makes the show interesting. I also thought his final comments where very sweet and heartfelt, although he IS an actor...

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    Unfortunatle James doesn't get a money prize, just the cruise prize. The straight guys are the ONLY ones eligible for the $ 25,000 prize.
    Actually, I don't think that's correct. I've read in a couple of different places that if James picks a gay man, he (James) will get the trip with the Mate and the cash. If James picks a straight man, the Mate gets the money.

Can anyone confirm this once and for all for us?

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Oh, puh-leeze!! You actually bought that load of bull?!?

Dan sure didn't have any moral qualms about "getting in the way" until he got eliminated, now did he? Up until that moment, it was all about the money and media exposure for him and he was doing everything he could to stay in the game -- and to stay in the way of "James' quest for love".

His whole ending monologue sounded scripted to me. Even if it wasn't, what did you expect him to say? "Well, I'm just a media wh*re who got found out. Being a pretty face ain't what it used to be. I mean, I couldn't even put one over on the gay guy and charm my way to the $25,000. Guess I better brush up on my acting skills some more. Later, dude."
    I don't know that I would have said it quite that way, but I think you're probably more right than wrong, LAGuy.

FORT Newbie
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I'm a little surprised that people have posted comments about Dan's parting remarks and not commented at all about his butt shot in the shower in yesterday's episode. I'm....well, pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by josh0926
    I hope no one takes this the wrong way, but I'm a little surprised that people have posted comments about Dan's parting remarks and not commented at all about his butt shot in the shower in yesterday's episode. I'm....well, pleased.
    I'm still speechless about the butt shot! I'm glad I recorded the show last night!

Mostly, I'm glad I recorded the show, so I can watch Wes again!

+ Reply to Thread