+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

^ - You mean Dan, not James, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff H
    I'm a little late coming to this forum, so forgive me if I'm repating old comments (I didn't read all seven pages), but he told Andra only that he did not "have a boyfriend in New York"--and didn't use any male pronouns after that comment. He's straight, all right.
    The show keeps calling it a 'special friend' instead of boyfriend, too. What's wrong with saying 'boyfriend'? Maybe because it's not true.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    ^ - You mean Dan, not James, right?
    Oops. Thanks; I made the correction.

I absolutely think the producers stepped in and wanted Dan to stay around, because he is one of the straight guys (I think) and he makes for good television.... I dont think James thinking he was annoying had anything ot do with him being jealous, and a LOT to do with the fact that Dan was acting tacky... if you are on a date with a guy, adn supposed to be trying to win his affections.. gyrating with the instructor is just plain tacky... that is telling the world that all gay guys can't keep it in their pants for 6 days... like all of us only think about sex all of the time, and dont have enough will power to just try and focus our attention on one guy
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    I absolutely think the producers stepped in and wanted Dan to stay around, because he is one of the straight guys (I think) and he makes for good television.... I dont think James thinking he was annoying had anything ot do with him being jealous, and a LOT to do with the fact that Dan was acting tacky... if you are on a date with a guy, adn supposed to be trying to win his affections.. gyrating with the instructor is just plain tacky... that is telling the world that all gay guys can't keep it in their pants for 6 days... like all of us only think about sex all of the time, and dont have enough will power to just try and focus our attention on one guy
    HELLO!

Doesn't that dance require you to gyrate anyway? Franklin and James did it.

I'm really wondering if that wasn't just good editing, when James looked at Dan while he was dancing. Maybe he scowled at a different time, and they just put it in that spot on the tape. I wouldn't put anything past the producers, trying to cause trouble!

Yes, I love him! :-) TheRealDeal's Avatar

I agree. I don't see what's so bad with Dan dancing with the instructor after he asked for shorter partner. So he had fun with it - he's on TV! Was he supposed to have refused to dance with him, or should he have just stood there stiff as a board? How dull is that.
    And didn't James commend Jim (?) for volunteering to dance and coming out of his shell? Something like that....which to me seemed he had a double standard for Dan. I guess James just made a deal of it because he has a problem with Dan.

FWIW, it was Marc that James was referring to as "coming out of his shell", I believe.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    Don't you think that's stretching it just a bit?
    Well, I think Andra is in LOVE with James, but I'm watching that with
    interest to try to determine if it's so. No, I don't think it's stretching it
    to say James is infatuated with Dan. I say this from the look on his face
    when Dan was dirty dancing with the instructor. James was NOT
    pleased. And it didn't have anything to do with disapproving of the
    dancing, because he was dirty dancing with Franklin, or trying to...
    KEN

Andra is married, and a mother, so she can't 'love' James. They're best friends.

*100th post, w00t!

+ Reply to Thread