+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 40 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Well all of my friends seem to have the same opinion of Dan (and yes, I am gay, and most of the friends I am talking about are as well) He is just fake.... Is he cute? Yeah, he's kinda cute... but then he opens his mouth and is just ANNOYING! James got that point just right, I think he is definately one of the guys the producers have told James to keep around... everything he says just sounds too thought out, and phoney... I'm *really* hoping he goes next week ..and no, I'm *not* jealous of him in any way shape or form.. I personally am more attracted to Robb, because I love his personality.. *shrugs* please let dan be straight

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    Currently, I'm composing an email to Dan RIGHT NOW. I'm still thinking of questions to say, though, but hopefully I'll send it in soon and he replies back!

... seriously, pretend for a second that Dan really turned out to be gay. What would be your first reaction?
    "Damn..."

^ I would stare at the TV for a moment, blankly looking at Dan, and the word 'gay' under his name, and say, "Oh my gawd, after all that obvious bull**** he pulled off, he IS gay..." o_O

I doubt that moment will ever come, but hey, it just doesn't sound right if he turns out this way.

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck
    I don't know what Andra said to James about Dan to cause James to keep him around, but I wish she would have kept her mouth shut.
    I don't think I saw Andra convince James to keep Dan around at all. All I ever heard her say was that he was very nice, and that his honesty 'saved his @ss'.

Anyway, it's been about 7 and a half hours since I sent Dan my email. Basically, in the email, I was asking about Boy Meets Boy, such as his thoughts on Andra's role, the thought of the cruel twist to the show, and if there are any post-show relationships. I also asked him 'bout his acting career.

I'll give him about a week to reply. It would be kinda cool and kinda wierd if he replied, but I'll definitely post what he said once I do get a reply.
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 08-06-2003 at 02:13 PM.
    ... and for the last time, I'm not Matthew from BMB (the guy in my avatar).

That surely turns the tables 'round for a bit... Maybe he was acting in Lost but is real in BMB? Wierd. Thanks for that bit of info, Lolasdad, but I'm not totally sure yet... they were lost in the middle of nowhere, right? And they would probably do anything for money anyway. An act of desperation for Dan, I think.

Do they still air reruns of "Lost" on the Travel Channel? I have to check my listings.

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    This isn't my info, got it from another site, but thought you might find this interesting.

In one of the "LOST" episodes (Travel channel version) he was on and he dances at a gay club in Brazil. He didn't mind guys touching him or dancing and taking off all his clothes (underwear included) for the crowd. His female teammate said he really seemed to want to do it and strangly enough, they never said how much money he (and his teammate) got for his participation. Take this for what you will and I could care less one way or the other, but I don't think a straight guy would do the things that he did.

Oooh I bet Mr.Obvious is dieing to see that! =P hehe
    "For me, the funniest jokes are the ones I don't get until the next day because I bust out laughing from nowhere, scaring half the people around me, which just makes me laugh harder."

Lol I sure am. =P

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    This isn't my info, got it from another site, but thought you might find this interesting.

In one of the "LOST" episodes (Travel channel version) he was on and he dances at a gay club in Brazil. He didn't mind guys touching him or dancing and taking off all his clothes (underwear included) for the crowd. His female teammate said he really seemed to want to do it and strangly enough, they never said how much money he (and his teammate) got for his participation. Take this for what you will and I could care less one way or the other, but I don't think a straight guy would do the things that he did.

And yet, this came from another site...

Dan Wells was on the ill-fated Lost two years ago, where he apparently was squeamish about having to strip in a gay bar for money. His website lists his role on Boy Meets Boy as “Principal - Dan” rather than the “Self” he lists for Lost, which indicates that he’s playing a role on here. Apparently, earlier his website mentioned something about him “having completed playing a gay man on Boy Meets Boy,” although if it did say that, it’s since been removed. Also, the Newsweek article stated that one of the straight mates was “an aspiring actor” who admitted he was doing the show to “hone his craft”; this would almost have to be Dan as it fits with everything else we know about him. So it seems that Dan is definitely one of the straight ones, which is ironic since he looks to be one of the most “gay” if you were to go by stereotypes. But that’s probably the point.

I've been wondering what the heck 'Principal' meant anyway! So, BMB is just a role to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Smart
    Apparently, earlier his website mentioned something about him “having completed playing a gay man on Boy Meets Boy,” although if it did say that, it’s since been removed.
    ^ - That must have been during May when the entire Boy Meets Boy shoot was over, but was taken off immediately once new projects came and took over the 'news' section of his site.

So it seems that Dan is definitely one of the straight ones, which is ironic since he looks to be one of the most “gay” if you were to go by stereotypes. But that’s probably the point.
    ^ - To break social stereotypes? I guess so. Honestly, before I found out about Dan, I totally fell for his gay act. Now I was fooled.

And yet, this came from another site...
    ^ - Can you post a link to that site, if it's still available?
    Last edited by Mr. Obvious; 08-06-2003 at 07:16 PM.

I actually read in some interview that there is a mini-issue on the show when one of the gay guys ends up falling for one of the straight guys, before the whole secret is ever revealed... I've read that it could very well be Dan (As the straight guy) and teh gay guy that likes him is Brian H... could be right due to the teaser they show about next weeks show
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    I have never gone by stereotypes...but in this case, the moment I saw Dan i knew he was straight...I will be very disapointed if I am wrong

On one of the thread here (I cant find it anymore, so I'll just post what i was going to say here) Someone said that one of the characters told James about the straight guys? ......I don't want to believe it but I'm guessing it was Wes, breaking to him that he was straight (What he say in the Promo ads "You assumed i was gay?...Why?")

"For me, the funniest jokes are the ones I don't get until the next day because I bust out laughing from nowhere, scaring half the people around me, which just makes me laugh harder."

+ Reply to Thread