+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Andra - The Friend

FORT Newbie
    I wonder if Andra or James is familiar with the lullaby-type song by Fred Small, "Everything Possible"? Fred Small (who has retired from performance) wrote many fine songs celebrating the bridging of gaps that separate us: gay and straight, Jew and gentile, dark and light. "Everything Possible" has been recorded by at least one gay group (The Flirtations) and is something of an anthem for some. I think its sentiments reflect the values that Andra and James demonstrated so beautifully:

We have cleared off the table, the leftovers saved,
    Washed the dishes and put them away
    I have told you a story and tucked you in tight
    At the end of your knockabout day
    As the moon sets its sails to carry you to sleep
    Over the midnight sea
    I will sing you a song no one sang to me
    May it keep you good company.

CHORUS:
    You can be anybody you want to be,
    You can love whomever you will
    You can travel any country where your heart leads
    And know I will love you still
    You can live by yourself, you can gather friends around,
    You can choose one special one
    And the only measure of your words and your deeds
    Will be the love you leave behind when you're done.

There are girls who grow up strong and bold
    There are boys quiet and kind
    Some race on ahead, some follow behind
    Some go in their own way and time
    Some women love women, some men love men
    Some raise children, some never do
    You can dream all the day never reaching the end
    Of everything possible for you.

Don't be rattled by names, by taunts, by games
    But seek out spirits true
    If you give your friends the best part of yourself
    They will give the same back to you.

CHORUS

Quote Originally Posted by trinket
    Dear Andra,
    I simply feel I have to tell you that you made a difference. God Bless you.
    Very moving and well said. Show this to your son, he would be proud. It is nice to see a show that could have turned out ugly came out so well and moved so many people due to the caliber and class of the individuals involved. I hope James/Wes take the positive from this show and make a go of it. We can't all be wrong in the connection we saw.

FORT Newbie
    Thanks, guys, for your replies. I have to admit, as I watched people debate why straight females would watch this show, (BMB said that was one of their target audiences), I was amused. I thought, "Come on, guys, figure it out. Who else is going to care a whole lot about gay guys finding love besides gay guys? Its your MOMS, hoping if things work out for James, maybe they can work out for you,too." Here's to hoping!

Quote Originally Posted by trinket
    Dear Andra,
    Although I have been watching Boy Meets Boy, I never intended to join or write in this forum, but after watching a rerun of Episode 6 and being moved to tears, I felt I had to.... I simply feel I have to tell you that you made a difference. God Bless you.
    Trinket, Wow! You've confirmed what I understand the cast was trying to achieve for the gay community and have probably just made all the pain, worthwhile for them.

I too never intended to watch the show as it seemed too much like exploiting the gay community however I was drawn in by how much people cared for each other. And I was very happy in the end with the way that the producers treated the gay topic, especially for my gay friends. Kudo's to you Trinket and to your son.

Trinket,

What a beautiful post. I came out in 1985 to parents who did not react as thoughtfully as you have. There was no internet, and there were no gay television shows. There were no role models, only ignorance and fear of AIDS. Your son is lucky to have you for his mother, just as James is lucky to have Andra as his friend.

Best wishes to all of you ...

hi Andra, i'm new to this thread. I watched Boy Meets Boy and I saw your friendship with James. I couldn't help thinking to myself.. I hope me and Nick are like them when we're older. Nick's my best friend. and like James, he's gay. I saw the way you guys acted and how close you stayed through everything. I hope my best friend and I will still be that close as we grow older.

and i also liked what you said about the term "fag hag". haha! i hope to talk to you later.
    <3 RoNNi

faves on Boy Meets Boy-- WES and ROBB!
    faves on Queer Eye-- Jai and Kyan!
    fave Real World season--New York and New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by ronsypooie
    and i also liked what you said about the term "fag hag". haha! i hope to talk to you later.
    Andra--if you're still lurking from time to time we've got a new show up your alley (I'd hope) under discussion in the Gay Guys Best Friend thread.

haha i agree with Kermit
    <3 RoNNi

faves on Boy Meets Boy-- WES and ROBB!
    faves on Queer Eye-- Jai and Kyan!
    fave Real World season--New York and New Orleans

[QUOTE=Phlex]I wonder if Andra or James is familiar with the lullaby-type song by Fred Small, "Everything Possible"? Fred Small (who has retired from performance) wrote many fine songs celebrating the bridging of gaps that separate us: gay and straight, Jew and gentile, dark and light. "Everything Possible" has been recorded by at least one gay group (The Flirtations) and is something of an anthem for some. I think its sentiments reflect the values that Andra and James demonstrated so beautifully:
    ......./QUOTE]

If you do a search on Fred Small, you will find that he sings re: other topics as well. I found the "everything possible" song, but was not able to hear it. If anyone has a site address, please let me know. Otherwise, I'll try another computer in case that was the problem.

Haha...I'm a little on the late side, but Trinket, that was a GREAT post...I hope everything goes well with your son.

.: Estella and Bob found love on The Bachelor! :.
    .: Ryan O. will mount an upset on Survivor: Pearl Islands :.
    .: Brian H. did not find love on Boy Meets Boy :.
    .: Dawn Marie did not win 1 million dollars on The Family :.
    .: Kelly and Jon did NOT win TAR :.
    .: Congrats to Reichen and Chip! :.
    .: Rocco DiSpirito will be fired from Rocco's :.

+ Reply to Thread