+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Andra - The Friend

FORT Regular

Andra's reacton to twisted twist

My, my, wasn't Miss ANDRA upset? That is an understatement!
    She was so upset, in fact, I believe she could have blown the
    lid off the show. Her demeanor was so changed from the time
    she was told of the twisted twist by JAMES to when he returned
    from his one-on-one with FRANKLIN, that the producers must
    have sat her down and told her [we've invested lots of money
    in this show and if you know what's good for you, you won't
    wreck it!]

While James was consoling Andra, he told her that he WOULD NOT
    have gone through this had he known there would be straight guys
    to weed through. Not even for $25,000.00? He probably would have
    done it willingly had he not been DECEIVED.

When you watch the bulk of the reality shows that are on, which I
    do not do (BMB was the 1st one I got hooked on), you really wonder,
    like with things that people have to eat and so forth, if there is not
    an epidemic of real misanthropy (hatred or scorn of mankind) going on
    in the entertainment industry. Maybe it's payback for all the lies that
    have been written about entertainers in the tabloids, which the
    public seems to eat up with a spoon. KEN

FORT Regular
    this was intended to go under the ANDRA thread.

FORT Newbie

Andra is cool.

[QUOTE=eldee]1083
    You are right about what James expected.

------------------------------------------------------

Andra is cool. We all could use a friend of her caliber. She loves her friend James and just wants to see him happy. That's called compassion...something which appears to be what's missing from the creators/producers own toolboxes. Apparently, they're not even learning from their own mistakes with yet an alternate version of BMB in the works starring a leading lady making selections among straight and gay men. Whatever happened to "Just say No"?

---duckfan
    Last edited by duckfan; 08-28-2003 at 07:04 PM.

FORT Newbie

Andra's Reaction...

Hi. I'm new to the Fans of Reality TV Site. Hope I get this right...I saw a couple of postings about Andra's "all about me" reaction to being told by James that one of the houseguests was straight. I watched the episode again last night and I disagree. It seemed to me that Andra believed that James knew about the twist and that she had been left in the dark. If they show the episode again, watch right after Andra says "you're my best friend". James comes back "...I just found out myself". I really think Andra was initially upset with James until he clarified that he didn't know beforehand about the twist. Anyway, just my observation.

FORT Newbie

Andra

Forgot to mention this in the above post...Andra Rocks! I wish that I had a friend like her.

BMBFan835

My take on that was that she thought James didn't know because he was telling her about the twist he found out that day. She could probably read his face and knew that he was upset from just finding out. You are right about Andra. We all want a friend like her. I am bless with a friend like that and I hope that I am equally good in return.

Duckfan, producers will not "just say no" when it comes to making money and high viewership. It's up to us to say no. I won't watch it and hope others won't either.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    BMBFan835

Duckfan, producers will not "just say no" when it comes to making money and high viewership. It's up to us to say no. I won't watch it and hope others won't either.
    ______________________________ ______

Thanks, eldee....

You make my point perfectly.

I'm hoping for many a response of "No, don't go there." Only, I doubt creators/producers will listen. Sponsors will! Get out your pens, paper and stamps!!!

-duckfan

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ANDRA_BMB
    You don't know how much I would love to answer those questions, but I cannot address any of that. I will say though, there are some really great friendships that formed as a result of this experience, and for that I am grateful.

PS I will let Matt know that there are people curious to know how he is doing.
    If this is really you, I want to commend you on your level of friendship. There were times when you were more upset than James. I get like that with my trully close friends.
    I'm sure you're right about the new friendships. I've met several of the boys. They're all very engaging and warmhearted.

FORT Newbie

for Andra.....

Quote Originally Posted by wellbu
    If this is really you, I want to commend you on your level of friendship. There were times when you were more upset than James. I get like that with my trully close friends.
    I'm sure you're right about the new friendships. I've met several of the boys. They're all very engaging and warmhearted.
    Although it seems odd to write to someone I don't really know, I feel that I must because I believe so strongly in this subject. I can certainly understand everything that Andra is feeling but more importantly, it is very touching for me to witness the friendship and bond that Andra and James share. Far too often, a friendship between a gay man and a straight woman is just explained as a "fag and a hag" and I find that very offensive. It is so much more. I am a married mother of 3 and have a wonderful husband. I also have a wonderful best friend who is a gay male. Our friendship is as important to me as my marriage is. Andra is really the first "real" person I've ever seen who shares the role that I do. I would love to hear from Andra regarding her friendship with James. I understand more than you know.

ending

Hello Andra.....I know you must be very happy that the last show has finally aired. I thought it was funny that they showed you and James sitting there trying to figure out who was straight and who was gay...I just thought to myself what did it matter when the people you were talking about had already been off the show for a while and James still had to decide from the three that were left. I am glad that he figured out that Franklin was straight and chose Wes......I was really thinking that he was going to chose Brian.
    I hope that the experience wasn't too hard on James......I was really sad when on the show last week that when you told him that if you knew all of this from the beginning that you would do it again for him and then he told you that he wouldn't.....I know it hurt him a lot that after meeting all of these guys and picking these last three that there was one person who was being dishonest with him.....I could tell you were upset there at the end too.
    I know you can't say anything about any of what I just said, but I wanted you to know.

+ Reply to Thread