+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 186

Thread: James - The Leading Man

  1. #81
    Foggy Doggy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    i'm not blaming any of the str8s

    once the producers decided to mix the mix, you just HAD to know that they would have it where 1 str8 guy made it to the final 3-- if i'm one of 'em and i figure this out, Hey, might as well be me-- particularly if i'm the ambiguous boy who has found the attraction he needed to make the switchover

    and who knows, lets say franklin wins and is deadazz str8-- mebbe he donates the $$ to a worthy cause of james' picking...
    : don't bet on it......

  2. #82
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    ....and who knows, lets say franklin wins and is deadazz str8-- mebbe he donates the $$ to a worthy cause of james' picking...
    That is such a nice thought and a good suggestion. However, I don't see it happening. If the guy did it for the money, then he probably needs to keep it.

    On the other hand, Bravo has some moeny, and they do owe James, Andra, the other guys a lot. But, I don't see that happening either. Oh! Boy, it's still a good thought.

  3. #83
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    First of all...I love James, he's a sweet, sincere, caring guy...or so he's been portrayed...but come on everyone!!! It's a reality show. There have been just as bad things done to staright people. Temptation Island anyone...where they send couples in order to see who will cheat??? That's just sick. Okay, they knew about the point, but it's still sick.

    Anyone who agrees to enter a reality show is up for any twist, turn, or dive. It's all about ratings, and quite frankly, the "twist" has made this show more interesting. It's been fun figuring it out. And I'm sure, that in his contract, it was stipulated that pretty much anything goes. Otherwise, they could have been sued...and maybe still will be.

    Also, this whole show was taped over a week. Not enought time to be devestated or heartbroken...especially since cameras were following the whole time, and only kissing was allowed. No one slept with James, got to really spend quality time with him, or learn much about him at all, and vice versa.

    Sure, the twist is kind of cruel, but lets face it, the straight guys who participated, aren't exactly raging homophobes. They probably thought it would be interesting. I mean, any straight guy with issues about homosexuality, would never have signed up in the first place. And they probably were sold on the idea by the producers in terms of opening up minds about what gay men and straight men look like (yes, just the appearance, and behaviors).

  4. #84
    FORT Newbie Oh! Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    37
    good points smatt-- i was gonna say sumpn like "come on folks, this IS TV"

    y'know, i didn't really key on your point about "figuring it all out making it more interesting" till i read that-- but you're right, the use of gaydar is taking some serious hits and will cause some people to further think about the stereotypes they hold

    the whole can't dance thing, for example, don't amount to a hill of beans, IMO
    can you help me OUT?

  5. #85
    Foggy Doggy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    good points smatt-- i was gonna say sumpn like "come on folks, this IS TV"

    y'know, i didn't really key on your point about "figuring it all out making it more interesting" till i read that-- but you're right, the use of gaydar is taking some serious hits and will cause some people to further think about the stereotypes they hold

    the whole can't dance thing, for example, don't amount to a hill of beans, IMO
    Can't dance is right, since a straight guy, Sean, was the best dancer of them all....

  6. #86
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    I know it's a show. Maybe I get caught up in their painful expressions. The show lasted about a week, but what about the prior anticipation of it all and the hopes that were involved for them? They seemed to have taken it seriously (although it was meant for TV fun) and took some emotional chances. It's TV for us, but part of their life experience for them.

    If it happened to me, I would feel the same as James and Andra. Others could probably blow it off easier and not let it interfere with their perception of people.

  7. #87
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192

    hopeful

    i wonder if james had realized that there's1 strategy behind bravo's grouping of the mates and putting both together after dani's revelation that there's a straight guy. that would narrow his odds of not picking the str8 guy, who's franklin as the leading contender in this criteria. a little logic and an amplified gaydar could ease the worries. maybe this is very hard to see with a lot of external pressures

  8. #88
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    I know it's a show. Maybe I get caught up in their painful expressions. The show lasted about a week, but what about the prior anticipation of it all and the hopes that were involved for them? They seemed to have taken it seriously (although it was meant for TV fun) and took some emotional chances. It's TV for us, but part of their life experience for them.

    If it happened to me, I would feel the same as James and Andra. Others could probably blow it off easier and not let it interfere with their perception of people.

    The thing is, we're watching an editted program. Expressions we see didn't necessarily come from what we thought we saw. Franklin's reaction to the kissing is a perfect example. He had a similar expression when Robb said "Oh, look I'm so great". He was pissed. So, who the hell knows what Franklin really saw.

    Sure, there are emotions at play here, but it's a reality show. If you go in expecting to be tricked at some point, you've got to be a bit naive. It's all about entertaining the audience...not about the feelings of the participants involved. Sad...but true. And we're all facilitating it by watching. And you know what...I'm okay with that.

  9. #89
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Oh! Boy
    good points smatt-- i was gonna say sumpn like "come on folks, this IS TV"

    y'know, i didn't really key on your point about "figuring it all out making it more interesting" till i read that-- but you're right, the use of gaydar is taking some serious hits and will cause some people to further think about the stereotypes they hold

    the whole can't dance thing, for example, don't amount to a hill of beans, IMO

    GREAT POINT. No matter what people say, stereotypes are breaking down. Franklin, after all was the one who we saw cry at the end when he read the letter, and needed a hug. If he is in fact the straight guy, what does that say about emotions in straight men? We have yet to see a gay guy cry.

  10. #90
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    ......Sure, there are emotions at play here, but it's a reality show. If you go in expecting to be tricked at some point, you've got to be a bit naive. It's all about entertaining the audience...not about the feelings of the participants involved. Sad...but true. And we're all facilitating it by watching. And you know what...I'm okay with that.
    That's okay. I don't mind being in the minority again with what I think and feel. It's still interesting what others post, I just don't agree after watching the show.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.