+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 186

Thread: James - The Leading Man

  1. #71
    Music Fanatic Mr. Obvious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    355
    I think MTV was the first to have gay guys in reality shows, such as the "Real World". I like Real World.

    ... James seemed a bit... calm-looking when he learned the truth. Yet my heart was literally pounding as I was on the edge of my seat when Dani told him the twist. He stared at Dani for a few, long seconds... that expression was priceless.

    So was Andra's expression. She was pissed.

  2. #72
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    I think MTV was the first to have gay guys in reality shows, such as the "Real World". I like Real World.
    MTV has been a champion for us for a long time now.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious
    ... James seemed a bit... calm-looking when he learned the truth. Yet my heart was literally pounding as I was on the edge of my seat when Dani told him the twist. He stared at Dani for a few, long seconds... that expression was priceless.

    So was Andra's expression. She was pissed.
    He totally retreated into his shell. I recognize that reaction, because it's the same kind of thing I do. It's a defense mechanism that allows you to keep going long enough to get the hell out of the situation so that you can deal with it on your own terms. I'm sure he was waiting at first for her to say that it was a joke or something. Then he just said something noncommittal. They probably tried a few "so how do you feel" questions after the cut that we'll never see because he gave non-emotional generic responses. We'll see more of his true reaction next week, I think, when he's back with Andra and his guard comes down a bit. I feel for him SO much....

    Andra seems to be doing the "if you hurt my friend I will hurt you" thing, which is most admirable. Everyone needs friends in their life who are willing to do the same.

    -- Joe

  3. #73
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by fluff



    AGE: 32

    SIGN: Cancer

    HOME STATE: Oregon

    OCCUPATION: Benefits Administrator

    SEXUAL ORIENTATION:
    GAY


    James is a 32-year-old Benefits Administrator who grew up in Oregon. Now living in Los Angeles, James spends his spare time hanging out with a small group of close friends. He's an outgoing guy who'd rather go to the theater than go clubbing. James loves to play games and can often be found playing beach volleyball on the weekends. He is very competitive and up for anything. James' taste is very refined when it comes to both men and food. He is romantic, loyal and looking to complete his life with Mr. Right. He has all the right qualities to make the perfect husband. As he puts it, "I am a sweetheart who is looking for love and willing to wait for it".

    THIS MAN IS BEAUTIFUL! some of you think otherwise but that's ok. but how much money has he been paid to be in the show? certainly he could find mr. right without the aid of a nationwide gay dating program, no?

  4. #74
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Juan Miguel

    If I recall, James only had a few serious relationships. Of course, many would be after him, but he is looking for something more serious and long term.

  5. #75
    Foggy Doggy
    Guest
    I will also give a hearty and say hello Juan Miguel.....as for James.....well, just because someone is goodlooking doesn't mean that they will find Mr Right. I'm sure if James wants, everynight he could find Mr. Rightnow, but he's looking for the guy who will LOVE him, not LUST AFTER him.

    HUGE difference.

  6. #76
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    17
    I agree with Matthew James is striking!

  7. #77
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Yes, he was guarded before and Andra tried to encourage him when he said,

    "A part of me is welling up with fear. What if after all is said and done, I pick somebody who is playing a game. Do you know how devastating
    that would be? What if I made a horribly, horribly wrong choice? I don't know what that would do to me emotionally. I really, really hope that my faith in the goodness of people wins out."

    No one could have heard that and not feel so bad for James? It's a horrible situation for anyone to be in!
    Actually, it is just this that gives me some hope that James did _not_ make the wrong choice. If he picked the straightguy, and gave the whole show an 'unhappy ending', would the producers have let us see this piece of foreshadowing, which just makes the whole thing seem more cruel and less like the lighthearted game they want us to think we're seeing? I tend to doubt it.

    James isn't really 'my type', but he seems like a _very_ decent man, and was really trying his best to pick the best guy - and obviously was being torn up by having to reject so many, all while trying to give the cameras a good performance. He really didn't deserve to get kicked like this.

    I do have to wonder about the straight guys. Some of them seemed to be on there more to prove a point than to get the money, and didn't really make much of an effort to emotionally blindside James. But the Last Breeder Standing, whoever he is, has put forth considerable effort to deceive James (and the viewers), gain his trust and affection, in the hopes of whacking him over the head and making off with $25K. A true sociopath, who will reveal himself as such for all the world to see (as, incidentally, have the producers of this program). May he never get a date with anyone but a gold digger again.

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Phlex, glad you came!

    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    Actually, it is just this that gives me some hope that James did _not_ make the wrong choice. If he picked the straightguy, and gave the whole show an 'unhappy ending', would the producers have let us see this piece of foreshadowing, which just makes the whole thing seem more cruel and less like the lighthearted game they want us to think we're seeing? I tend to doubt it. .......
    Unfortunately, that "drama" and our rooting and feelings for James is part of what makes a successful TV show. They know these are the type of things said that will make us tune in each week to see what will happen to James and the others. James is who got me to stay watching. It's worth it to see his happier times before he gets "cained".

    May those involved who still don't see the harm in it get itchy pants.

    May those who were involved, but reflected and "saw the light", good for you.

  9. #79
    Foggy Doggy
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlex
    I do have to wonder about the straight guys. Some of them seemed to be on there more to prove a point than to get the money, and didn't really make much of an effort to emotionally blindside James. But the Last Breeder Standing, whoever he is, has put forth considerable effort to deceive James (and the viewers), gain his trust and affection, in the hopes of whacking him over the head and making off with $25K. A true sociopath, who will reveal himself as such for all the world to see (as, incidentally, have the producers of this program). May he never get a date with anyone but a gold digger again.
    : !!! Too much

  10. #80
    FORT Newbie Oh! Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    37
    i'm not blaming any of the str8s

    once the producers decided to mix the mix, you just HAD to know that they would have it where 1 str8 guy made it to the final 3-- if i'm one of 'em and i figure this out, Hey, might as well be me-- particularly if i'm the ambiguous boy who has found the attraction he needed to make the switchover

    and who knows, lets say franklin wins and is deadazz str8-- mebbe he donates the $$ to a worthy cause of james' picking...
    can you help me OUT?

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.