+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 186

Thread: James - The Leading Man

  1. #61
    Fabulous fag! ;) Gizmo82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    San Francisco
    Age
    32
    Posts
    2,108
    Alright so after thinking about this some more (mainly thinking "how dare someone think I am making this up" lol) I have come to the conclusion that you are right... it's not fair for me, or anyone else to judge him unless we have met him... Now I'm not saying my friends are wrong, because I do trust their opinions, and what they say... but if it were the other way around, I would hope someone would actually MEET me before forming any opinions.. So to James, I'm sure you will get this message if everyone else from the show is on here... I do like you on the show, and I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and hope that you are a good guy; I do really want you to be afterall... perhaps you should just be more away of the way people are percieving you when you are out and about.. maybe you are coming across as something you are not .. hopefully that is hte case anyway Fair enough?
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

  2. #62
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Gizmo 82

  3. #63
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo82
    Alright so after thinking about this some more (mainly thinking "how dare someone think I am making this up" lol) I have come to the conclusion that you are right... it's not fair for me, or anyone else to judge him unless we have met him... Now I'm not saying my friends are wrong, because I do trust their opinions, and what they say... but if it were the other way around, I would hope someone would actually MEET me before forming any opinions..
    I don't know your friends, and I don't know James, but don't forget that in addition to the experience of the show itself (who knows how that's affected him -- I remember seeing him on the Today show saying that he'd be glad when the publicity was over), he's also got to deal with the celebrity. I don't know how I'd react if total strangers approached me knowing the intimate details of a week of my life. What your friends perceived as "attitude" may be a defense against that, for all we know (I mean, after all, it's not James we saw getting annoyed in the previews, but Andra -- James was VERY guarded when Dani broke the twist to him), so as you say, it's hard to judge someone without having met them yourself.

    -- Joe

  4. #64
    For Your Entertainment lobeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Right here, right now
    Age
    49
    Posts
    14,903
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    James was VERY guarded when Dani broke the twist to him
    Definitely. I think we'll see the shock settle in next week.

  5. #65
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jsciv
    ...James was VERY guarded when Dani broke the twist to him), so as you say, it's hard to judge someone without having met them yourself.

    -- Joe
    Yes, he was guarded before and Andra tried to encourage him when he said,

    "A part of me is welling up with fear. What if after all is said and done, I pick somebody who is playing a game. Do you know how devastating
    that would be? What if I made a horribly, horribly wrong choice? I don't know what that would do to me emotionally. I really, really hope that my faith in the goodness of people wins out."

    No one could have heard that and not feel so bad for James? It's a horrible situation for anyone to be in!

  6. #66
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Yes, he was guarded before and Andra tried to encourage him when he said,

    "A part of me is welling up with fear. What if after all is said and done, I pick somebody who is playing a game. Do you know how devastating
    that would be? What if I made a horribly, horribly wrong choice? I don't know what that would do to me emotionally. I really, really hope that my faith in the goodness of people wins out."

    No one could have heard that and not feel so bad for James? It's a horrible situation for anyone to be in!
    i was a little choked up when i heard and saw that. and james my bro by a different mo--with the latter and trust your gut. it's multiple guess. your first choice is always right in my experience with taking numerous scantron tests - lol... (echoing Wes)

  7. #67
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    322
    Get to the therapy couch quick - hope his h ealth insurance covers psychiatric care... Youd need that after all of this craziness

  8. #68
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    Get to the therapy couch quick - hope his h ealth insurance covers psychiatric care... Youd need that after all of this craziness
    he's a health benefits administrator i think he has that covered. lol

  9. #69
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    322
    Its much better when gays are just incorporated into shows like anybody else vs. this whole cruel 'twist' thing - but thats what gets ratings.. The whole gay vs straight thing also seems to have brought in gay audiences and challenged their own stereotypes. But its much better if gays are just featured in episodes of things like blind date, eliminidate and other shows.... Also to just have a regular network show and not one that is exploitative.

    The only show that really seems to incorporate gays is MTV's Taildaters ----- and its great to see that its just matter of fact without anything special or explotative... They'll just have a gay couple - a straight couple and its no big deal.

    I know from working on a daytime talk show that Id always campaign for that type of thing but producers still tended to do special gay episodes and not incorporate it all.

  10. #70
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,219
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    The only show that really seems to incorporate gays is MTV's Taildaters ----- and its great to see that its just matter of fact without anything special or explotative... They'll just have a gay couple - a straight couple and its no big deal.
    MTV is my hero, actually. Undressed has always featured gay storylines, and DisMissed threw gay dates in there from time to time, too. I didn't know Taildaters did it, but now I've got to start cycling that through the TiVo!

    -- Joe

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.