+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: James - The Leading Man

FORT Regular
    In all of these "Bachelor"-like shows, the producers *always* have a hand in who the leading person picks. I've heard that they specifically tell them to keep any minorities in for as long as possible for diversity's sake. And definitely, people who they feel would make the show more interesting are also encouraged to be chosen to stay (i.e. Dan). However, when it comes to the final choice, it's all up to the person.

FORT Regular
    Okay, people should really stop dimissing James so easily as some "bitchy, egotistical" person just because *one* person says that he "heard from people" that James is this way or that way. Geez, maybe these people were rejected by James and are just bitter. Maybe their initial impression of him was taken out of context. Or maybe the person who wrote the message is just making it all up. It just puzzles me how people can take one anonymous person's account (not even a first person account at that!) and immediately think that it must be true. I don't know James. I've never met him. The only thing I know about him is what he and the producers portray on the show, which is a sweet, honest, nice guy. Until I see with my own eyes otherwise, I'll stick to that opinion.

I look forward to any interviews with James, or the others, after the show comes to its conclusion.

FORT Regular
    I figure if you go on a reality show these days, you've got to assume there will be a twist. Like on FLOM2 - how can Erin just go merrily along, knowing what they did to Rob the first time, and not assume something similar will happen to her? Come on! Same applies in this case. You better assume the producers are lying to you.

I get a bitchy vibe from watching James. He seems very measured in what he says. Good management people are like that - very diplomatic in what they say. But in the scene where he confronted Dan about the "boyfriend," there was some definite bitch under there IMO.

IMO, I would be the same if my best friend told me that Dan gave conflicting stories. Especially, if I had sent someone I liked home in order to keep Dan. If Dan didn't make up that story, he would have stood a better chance of staying. Also, it was good that he was sent home because he is straight. I appreciated what Dan said before he left.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    IMO, I would be the same if my best friend told me that Dan gave conflicting stories. Especially, if I had sent someone I liked home in order to keep Dan. If Dan didn't make up that story, he would have stood a better chance of staying. Also, it was good that he was sent home because he is straight. I appreciated what Dan said before he left.
    Dan is nothing if not accomodating. You're right, his story about his
    "close friend" is what did him in, and he would have played James up
    to the very end if possible. His exiting statement was simply good
    diplomacy. KEN

In the email Dan sent me, he said this boyfriend was based on a female friend. He said he shouldn't have brought it up, but also said it made for good drama.

'Good drama'? Oh please. If you wanted to stay in the competition you should have known better.

Quote Originally Posted by LA Z BOI58
    Yes, I agree with eldee too. I would have stopped watching it after I found out that James didnt even know there were straight guys at all,if it wasnt for Wes!

The problem with shows like this, is, just because you like someone doesnt mean they like you in return =(. So, if James picks a gay guy, there is a possibility that the relationship wont last longer than the vacation. And if he picks a straight guy, it would hurt a whole lot more.
    Well, that's true about the relationship but I get the feeling that with the offer of the glass that the 'mate' gets a chance to decline if he's not attracted to James. Of course with the straights having had a financial incentive... well, at least one gay guy was eliminated because he was open with James that he wasn't feeling a connection. I'm glad he was honest. But would he have accepted the glass if it had been offered? Would he have stuck around so long as James felt interested? I wonder.

It's disturbing that James was broad-sided with the "thar be heteros in your lot o' mates" game but overall the show seems to be offering a positive light on a search for a date and maybe more. And as someone else pointed out there is that same risk in reality, especially for gays: developing an interest in someone of a different orientation and being "stung" by that revelation.

Quote Originally Posted by ilean4clay
    (Hi Clay fan!!!)
    ....It's disturbing that James was broad-sided with the "thar be heteros in your lot o' mates" game but overall the show seems to be offering a positive light on a search for a date and maybe more. And as someone else pointed out there is that same risk in reality, especially for gays: developing an interest in someone of a different orientation and being "stung" by that revelation.
    Before BMB, I saw the last 15 minutes of the millionaire. That had a nice twist. If they got together after the girl found out that he was poor, the guy got one million. She was deceived, but if it was "love" then it should not have mattered that much. Nothing was taken away from them that they didn't really have before.

With James, and the others, they were robbed.

James went into it with hope of finding someone special.
    James went into it with the willlingness to try and overcome any doubts re: the downside of people/relationships; he wanted to trust.
    James went into it with his dignity.

I wonder what James will have left with him next week.

I don't care how nice the house or limo was. They were used and abused.

Each week it is clearly shown how James and Andra struggle with the decision making process. Poor James is the one who has to make quick judgments and let the guys go.

He'll walk around with a V on his forehead through no fault of his own.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRealityShow
    Okay, people should really stop dimissing James so easily as some "bitchy, egotistical" person just because *one* person says that he "heard from people" that James is this way or that way. Geez, maybe these people were rejected by James and are just bitter. Maybe their initial impression of him was taken out of context. Or maybe the person who wrote the message is just making it all up. It just puzzles me how people can take one anonymous person's account (not even a first person account at that!) and immediately think that it must be true. I don't know James. I've never met him. The only thing I know about him is what he and the producers portray on the show, which is a sweet, honest, nice guy. Until I see with my own eyes otherwise, I'll stick to that opinion.

Okay MrRealityShow, I absolutely understand what you are saying, and in many cases I would agree... many times people on these boards just try to stir things up, and start random rumors that are not true... with that being said, these people are *usually* fort newbies, and dont post often... I was honest enough to say that I was not the one that ran into james, if I were just making up a story, I would have certainly said *I* saw him out and he had attitude.... that was not the case, I live in Chicago, he is in LA.... HOWEVER, I do have a lot of friends that live in both LA, and San Diego.. and I dont just post crap. My friends that told me about Wes, and his place of employment were correct (read his board, I posted about that quite a while back, before everyone else realized where he worked).. and like I said, I do have several friends that have run into James, on more than one occasion, and all have reported that he has attitude.... Are these bitter people? Absolutely not, in fact a couple thought he was cute based on the show, until they met him... and they are not unattractive old trolls or anything like that... Now in James defense, he could have been having a bad day (a couple of times) or maybe like someone suggested the show has changed the way he acts... I dont know, I wasn't there... but I certainly was never rejected by him, and I *do* think it is fair for people to hear how he has acted while being out and about (and he *did* act that way, like I said, I have heard it from MORE than one person) I think some of the people believed what I said, simply because I have posted a lot, and although you can't trust someone based on posting, once you are familiar with certain people it makes it a little easier (and like I said, I was right about wes, that adds to credibility a little maybe)... more so than a random reality television star anyway... In any case, I wish James the best, and I certainly hope that he picks a gay boy (preferably wes, that is my favorite) I felt so sorry for him when they told him about the twist, that was cruel, for anyone... the point of me telling about how he had acted was not to try and get people to not like him, but to see that he is *not* as perfect as portrayed on the show.. he gave attitude, but that doesn't make him a bad guy, I'm sure I would chat with him if I saw him out and about... I've met a lot of guys with attitude, that once you get to know them turn out to be great... however I personally feel, *no* one is cute enough for attitude... for his sake, I hope he was just feeling off due to the show

:fight

Hehehe... cute smiley faces! So like I said, I dont think James is a bad guy, hopefully the incidents I heard about do not fairly represent his real personality, but were just bad moments ... hehe
    "It's still cool to be sane. You're just supposed to be sane and medicated ." - Article from the New York Magazine

+ Reply to Thread