+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: James - The Leading Man

James would have quit the show once he learned the cruel twist. He totally felt betrayed. He could probably suffer forever from a broken gaydar for choosing a straight guy, but I couldn't blame him since he assumed that everyone was gay since the first episode. So far, it seems to be working automatically, since three straights are gone already, but he didn't eliminate them due to 'straight' qualities or something.

James said he eventually stayed, saying he owed a favor to those who were gay and actually wanted to date him. I wish him luck in choosing someone gay...

Foggy Doggy
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee

My judgement from seeing the edited show is that he is sensitive, honest, and sweet. I would wonder if any disagreeable qualities might be a result of basically being made a fool of on TV and from being deceived. I don't know him first hand, but might also guess that after being jaded from the experience and possibly having some new people go to him, only after his brief stint as a celebrity, might be a factor. Some people can over react in a negative manner after a huge disappointment. Hopefully, he can go forward in a more positive manner.

I still feel sorry for him.

I also feel sorry for the men who really wanted a chance, but lost a spot to someone who was straight.
    I agree with you eldee...its becoming more and more apparent that I don't like the "twist". It was just crass and to get heteros to watch....it's insulting to gay men. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by Foggy Doggy
    I agree with you eldee...its becoming more and more apparent that I don't like the "twist". It was just crass and to get heteros to watch....it's insulting to gay men. :nono
    I also feel that it is insulting to heterosexuals. I don't want to see anyone get deceived or suffer (a little or a lot) out of no fault of their own. Gay Weddings was beautiful and we could relate to the stories on different levels. There were no twists, yet the episodes were very good.

In a secret hole that has unlimited soda, and a computer....
    Yes, I agree with eldee too. I would have stopped watching it after I found out that James didnt even know there were straight guys at all,if it wasnt for Wes!

The problem with shows like this, is, just because you like someone doesnt mean they like you in return =(. So, if James picks a gay guy, there is a possibility that the relationship wont last longer than the vacation. And if he picks a straight guy, it would hurt a whole lot more.
    "For me, the funniest jokes are the ones I don't get until the next day because I bust out laughing from nowhere, scaring half the people around me, which just makes me laugh harder."

Why does James seem to be so conflicted when it comes to Dan? Twice he was the one who noticed things about Dan that he didn't like. However, James was the won to choose Dan to stay. Is it ust physical attraction or is quiet James looking for more excitment?

Gay TV Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    Why does James seem to be so conflicted when it comes to Dan? Twice he was the one who noticed things about Dan that he didn't like. However, James was the won to choose Dan to stay. Is it ust physical attraction or is quiet James looking for more excitment?

There is a disclaimer at the end of the show about the producers having some input in the decision as to who is to stay and who is go, but that it is ultimately up to James (paraphrasing). I think the producers were pushing for Dan to stay to stir things up, especially since he was the first one picked to stay in the last episode. I think James got him out of the way quickly just to make the producers happy. I don't think he will make it through to the end.

Richard

Thanks for clarifying the disclaimer. It went a little too quickly for me to read. I thought the point of the show was for James to pick those he wanted to stay under the pressure of time restraints, etc. It seems obsurd that the producers would even try to hint as to who they wanted.

If this same format is considered for next season, I definately will not watch. I think they already made the wholel process unfairly complicated for James.

If there is a next season. I don't think there will be, but if 'Boy Meets Boy' is successful, there might be a 'Girl Meets Girl'. Just imagine how many straight guys will watch that show!

But if the same twist is in GMG then I probably won't watch. And I personally want more gay dating shows but not ones as cruel as this.

US Weekly gave Boy Meets Boy a rating of three stars, BTW. Saw it in a promo ad for BMB.

James is definitely attracted to Dan. It's all physical, IMO.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolasdad
    There probably will not be another season of BMB since Bravo does not want to be thought of as "the gay network." This show was only broadcast as the result of contractual obligations to the company that produced Gay Weddings.
    I don't have ratings information for Boy Meets Boy, but I have heard that Queer Eye is supposedly one of the most successful programs on Bravo. If Boy Meets Boy is pulling in the viewers, won't Bravo want another season? These networks listen to numbers and dollars after all, don't they? And two shows on a Tuesday night won't necessarily make it a "gay network".

Josh 0926

I'll watch the other Bravo shows, but not another one like BMB. I stayed watching because I started to like the guys and wanted to see what will happen to them.

If others like the show, then I hope you get to see it again.

+ Reply to Thread