+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: James - The Leading Man

ant
    FORT Fan
    i love the richness of a good english accent. i think it's very sexy.
    matt's website (go and check it out and join the fun/excitement- there's 5 bmb members posting and counting - please click below):
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Boy_Meets_Boy/

Mak
    FORT Newbie
    She was born in South Africa, per IMDB:

Date of birth (location)
    9 July 1970
    South Africa

Actress - filmography
    (2000s) (1990s)

Carnival in Rio (2003) (TV)
    "Boy Meets Boy" (2003) TV Series .... Host
    "Saturday Show, The" (2001) TV Series .... Presenter (2001-2002)
    Goodbye Charlie Bright (2001) .... Blondie
    Rancid Aluminium (2000) .... Charlie

"Ice Warriors" (1998) TV Series .... Host
    Like It Is (1998) .... Paula
    Bolt (1997) .... Presenter
    "Word, The" (1990) TV Series .... Presenter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Filmography as: Actress, Herself, Notable TV Guest Appearances
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Herself - filmography
    (2000s) (1990s)

Strip School (2003) (TV) (voice) .... Narrator
    Tabloid (2001) .... Herself
    Pop Goes Christmas (2001) (TV) .... Herself
    "People Do the Craziest Things" (2001) TV Series .... Herself

World Fashion Premiere from Paris (1998) (TV) .... Herself

Filmography as: Actress, Herself, Notable TV Guest Appearances

Notable TV Guest Appearances

"Extra" (1994) playing "Reporter" 30 January 2003
    "Armando Iannucci Shows, The" (2001) playing "Herself" in episode: "Neighbours" (episode # 1.6) 4 October 2001
    "Bob Martin" (1999) playing "Herself" in episode: "Home and Away" (episode # 1.4) 23 April 2000
    "Fantasy Football League" (1994) playing "Herself" (episode # 4.14) 1996
    "Fantasy Football League" (1994) playing "Herself" (episode # 4.8) 1996
    "Grange Hill" (1978) playing "Girl Queuing For Drink at Prom" in episode: "Final Episode" 1989

I don't think her accent is English. It sounds like a muddled-mix b/w English and Australian. She is better at hosting EXTRA then BMB, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ant
    i love the richness of a good english accent. i think it's very sexy.

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel

James' demeanor

I would like to compliment James on his dignity and demeanor. Although he was upset and angry at the final twist, he held his temper and refrained from any profanity in expressing that anger. He seems like a very gentle and kind person. Even in chastising Franklin, he never raised his voice. A true gentleman.

Quote Originally Posted by Mak
    She was born in South Africa, per IMDB:

Date of birth (location)
    9 July 1970
    South Africa

Actress - filmography
    (2000s) (1990s)

Like It Is (1998) .... Paula
    She was Paula in Like It Is???

*runs home to pop the DVD in*

Makes me sad...

Quote Originally Posted by richard
    A very interesting interview with James has been posted on Gay.com, here's the link:

http://www.gay.com/entertainment/news/?sernum=545
    From the interview, it sure seems like his relationship with Wes is a very big "maybe" and perhaps even unlikely. In fact, I think I read elsewhere on the board that James has already attended events with another date (not from BMB).

Was James really on that much of an emotional roller coaster over "picking the right one" if his relationship with Wes is (at it appears) so tenuous? At first glance, it makes it seem all the more like a "game" for James in retrospect -- which, of course, it was in a sense. One thought, though, is that once the twist was revealed to James his heart was no longer in it and simply chose someone to go on a trip with (and stopped expecting any romance, relationship, etc.).

19th or 14th Century/depending on how I feel
    Quote Originally Posted by Kermit
    From the interview, it sure seems like his relationship with Wes is a very big "maybe" and perhaps even unlikely. In fact, I think I read elsewhere on the board that James has already attended events with another date (not from BMB).

Was James really on that much of an emotional roller coaster over "picking the right one" if his relationship with Wes is (at it appears) so tenuous? At first glance, it makes it seem all the more like a "game" for James in retrospect -- which, of course, it was in a sense. One thought, though, is that once the twist was revealed to James his heart was no longer in it and simply chose someone to go on a trip with (and stopped expecting any romance, relationship, etc.).
    I think their contracts kept them from being seen in public until after the final episode aired. The interview sounded to me as though they were taking it slow and getting to know each other. After all, they only knew one another for a week and then have had 4 months of trying to not let people know who was chosen. Give them a chance!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by alixtheweaver
    I think their contracts kept them from being seen in public until after the final episode aired. The interview sounded to me as though they were taking it slow and getting to know each other. After all, they only knew one another for a week and then have had 4 months of trying to not let people know who was chosen. Give them a chance!
    Wow, you all are really concerned that there is a possibility that the love connection didn't happen. Do you really expect this to happen on these shows? Living in LA, it seems the only reason that people do these shows is to get into the "biz." I can't tell you how many MTV Real World cast members magically appear in LA as their current show is airing. I saw Simon from RW Paris out and about a couple weeks ago. It's all very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit
    One thought, though, is that once the twist was revealed to James his heart was no longer in it and simply chose someone to go on a trip with (and stopped expecting any romance, relationship, etc.).
    That's too bad if true because he still had a couple of great guys to pick from. Up to that point, he didn't know it was a game and still had 2/3 of the guys remaining there for the same reasons. If he bailed because one, ie. Franklin, was straight, then he doesn't deserve either Wes or Brian because he let them down. If his heart was with Franklin, then I only see it as lust or good editing, because I didn't see a strong connection. He said he ultimately stayed due to legal reasons and the final two guys, but I would hope in some interview in the future he doesn't brush the choice off to "Once I found out Franklin was straight I decided the pick should be a friend, a great travel companion, etc." If I were Wes or Brian I would like a little more credit. Maybe James should say something like "I had two great guys remaining who made it there before I had knowledge of the twist (ie. I was interested) and let me see where it goes with one of them. I am obviously attracted, intrigued or saw potential, so I chose Wes because worse comes to worse he would make an incredible friend". Most of the interviews I read make it sound like "game over" when he found out one of three favorites was straight. I can't put myself in James' shoes, but I hope he realizes he had a few great gay guys interested in him and he may be letting them go.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by sistersoul
    Wow, you all are really concerned that there is a possibility that the love connection didn't happen. Do you really expect this to happen on these shows?
    I sure don't. But I think this show got people a bit more involved because it's part of the -- hehe -- "gay revolution." (JOKE!!) The comments on another board about Franklin were unbelivable. There was a lotta hatred being spewed.

Kermit - I took the "Once I found out Franklin was straight I decided the pick should be a friend, a great travel companion, etc." comment as meaning, he was really the most interested in Franklin, and not really attracted to the other two. I think you took it a different way. I guess it just goes to show it's not always easy to decipher people's true meanings from words.

+ Reply to Thread