+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 186

Thread: James - The Leading Man

  1. #101
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    322
    Theres no reason to sue the show--- I worked for Warner Bros TV Telepictures which produces reality shows and daytime talk shows --- If you read the releases that people are forced to sign, youd see that they give up everything short of their first born child. I remember on daytime talk s hows, if guests would even try to change their stories or back out after they were booked, producers would threaten them with suing them for costs of production which were tens of thousands of dollars....all th at was also in the contracts they signed... This is just a lesson to all - reality shows are for ratings and for producers to make money and for contestants (usually aspiring actors/models etc who can take months off work) to get some fame... Reality shows are not designed as a matchmaking service or anything else..

    Just look at the increasing double dipping of contestants who appear on several shows -many starting off on shows like Blind Date or Eliminidate - these are people just trying to get on TV... Im not saying this of James - just saying this in general - as evidenced by many of the hetero actors on BMB

  2. #102
    ant
    ant is offline
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    192

    off topic

    Quote Originally Posted by bostonsinclair
    Theres no reason to sue the show--- I worked for Warner Bros TV Telepictures which produces reality shows and daytime talk shows --- If you read the releases that people are forced to sign, youd see that they give up everything short of their first born child. I remember on daytime talk s hows, if guests would even try to change their stories or back out after they were booked, producers would threaten them with suing them for costs of production which were tens of thousands of dollars....all th at was also in the contracts they signed...
    boston did you work with carnie wilson back in the days?

  3. #103
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    45
    Posts
    8

    I'm sick of James

    Can you really believe this guy? He actually agreed to participate in a "reality tv" match-making game and expected to not only find true love but to find fair dealings. How immature, niave and idiotic is that?
    I don't begrudge him for going on the show. Heck, given the chance, I would have probably done it too. But I would certainly realized that, like all shows, ratings is the underlying drive for the show. And ratings are insured by conflict. I may not have guessed that they would have put straight people into the mix (which was highly cruel of the producers, but that's their nature) but I would not have been surprized. Yes, I would have been upset, but not surprized.
    But what really gets me is that James seems to think that one weeks worth of investment into finding "true love" is too much to ask for and if it doesn't work, he will be "devistated." His words. Can we say "drama queen?"
    Most people have to work a life-time to find true love and he wants it done in a weeks time? The only intelligent thing I heard him say was when he told Wes that he feels, when this is all done and over with, he will end up hurt. He is right. He set himself up so that no other out come is possible. He will get hurt. Even if he picks a gay mate, he has placed expectations on the relationship that just can't be met, not even by him.
    All he seems to want to do is whine and look cute doing it.
    Get over it. This is a vacation.

  4. #104
    Reality Junkie jsciv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    The OC
    Posts
    1,443
    Quote Originally Posted by Orinos
    Can you really believe this guy? He actually agreed to participate in a "reality tv" match-making game and expected to not only find true love but to find fair dealings. How immature, niave and idiotic is that?
    Have you actually been watching the show? James never said he was expecting true love. He said that he was hoping to meet someone who he could then get to know better once the experience was over. Anything else you believe he expected wasn't expressed by him on the show and is just your projection of what you think he was looking for.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orinos
    But what really gets me is that James seems to think that one weeks worth of investment into finding "true love" is too much to ask for and if it doesn't work, he will be "devistated." His words. Can we say "drama queen?"
    He'll be devastated because he opened his heart to people. In the end, it looks like after the show many of the hurts were healed and he came out of it with a great group of friends. We should all be so lucky.

    -- Joe

  5. #105
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2

    He's a big time bore with no personality! Pah-LEEEEZE!

    he's obviously relied on his boy-next-door looks *he's not exactly striking* all his life and forgot to work on his personality! ZZZZZzzzzzz





    Quote Originally Posted by fluff



    AGE: 32

    SIGN: Cancer

    HOME STATE: Oregon

    OCCUPATION: Benefits Administrator

    SEXUAL ORIENTATION:
    GAY


    James is a 32-year-old Benefits Administrator who grew up in Oregon. Now living in Los Angeles, James spends his spare time hanging out with a small group of close friends. He's an outgoing guy who'd rather go to the theater than go clubbing. James loves to play games and can often be found playing beach volleyball on the weekends. He is very competitive and up for anything. James' taste is very refined when it comes to both men and food. He is romantic, loyal and looking to complete his life with Mr. Right. He has all the right qualities to make the perfect husband. As he puts it, "I am a sweetheart who is looking for love and willing to wait for it".

  6. #106
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    jsciv,

    You are right about what James expected. Also, James is the "lead" in the show and had to consistently divide his attentions and "analyze" everyone in order to make the best choice possible, with the varying twists thrown at him. I don't think he is boring at all. Also, he is very handsome and has a great body. Fortunately (and unfortunately) he is trying to chose the best compatible possibility for a relationship, under the scrutiny of the public. It probably sounded easier than he expected it to be. Throwing emotions in and having others compete for him should have been enough of a twist itself.

  7. #107
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by eldee
    jsciv,

    You are right about what James expected. Also, James is the "lead" in the show and had to consistently divide his attentions and "analyze" everyone in order to make the best choice possible, with the varying twists thrown at him. I don't think he is boring at all. Also, he is very handsome and has a great body. Fortunately (and unfortunately) he is trying to chose the best compatible possibility for a relationship, under the scrutiny of the public. It probably sounded easier than he expected it to be. Throwing emotions in and having others compete for him should have been enough of a twist itself.
    Too true -- James is such a careful person as it is. We know from his background footage that he isn't as comfortable with strangers -- he has to get to know them better until he lets his hair down.

    The thing with the remaining three that I think is going to be a challenge is what part of James's ego/personality is he going to depend on most in choosing the mate?

    Franklin: from the start, I think James just was dreamy eyes over Franklin. He's beautiful and gives off an air of good-living, good-upbringing. James hasn't been able to let go of F b/c F represents what 'looks' best to J. J may have dreamed about dating someone this gorgeous.

    Brian: personality wise, B might be the most unintimidating. He's 'sweet'. He has that shyboy thang going, and James feels in charge with him. B won't rock the boat, won't be ultratemperamental, will be respectful and kind. J would probably see that type of relationship as 'nice', something healthy and stable. But J may have to do all the work to keep the relationship interesting.

    Wes: well, we all know this one. In J's mind, I think W was the 'no-doubt gay' guy. So, if he chooses W, he knows he won't lose face. Relationship-wise, W is focused, goes after what he wants. He is an 'on' person, a politician personality. This could be off-putting to J, but in the big picture, may be just what J needs in his life. Someone young, active, isn't afraid to try new things, brings some drama into the picture.

    Though James is an obviously decent guy with loyalty to friends and an active/sporty lifestyle, we don't have a sense of his dating history -- does he fall for big personalities? shy young boys? hot slick GQ execs? beefy sports fan? Is this show his chance to break away from his 'usual' and go for something different?

    I've always been confused about exactly what it is that turns James on. What is a MUST for him.

  8. #108
    FORT Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by foody
    Too true -- James is such a careful person as it is. We know from his background footage that he isn't as comfortable with strangers -- he has to get to know them better until he lets his hair down.

    The thing with the remaining three that I think is going to be a challenge is what part of James's ego/personality is he going to depend on most in choosing the mate?

    Franklin: from the start, I think James just was dreamy eyes over Franklin. He's beautiful and gives off an air of good-living, good-upbringing. James hasn't been able to let go of F b/c F represents what 'looks' best to J. J may have dreamed about dating someone this gorgeous.

    Brian: personality wise, B might be the most unintimidating. He's 'sweet'. He has that shyboy thang going, and James feels in charge with him. B won't rock the boat, won't be ultratemperamental, will be respectful and kind. J would probably see that type of relationship as 'nice', something healthy and stable. But J may have to do all the work to keep the relationship interesting.

    Wes: well, we all know this one. In J's mind, I think W was the 'no-doubt gay' guy. So, if he chooses W, he knows he won't lose face. Relationship-wise, W is focused, goes after what he wants. He is an 'on' person, a politician personality. This could be off-putting to J, but in the big picture, may be just what J needs in his life. Someone young, active, isn't afraid to try new things, brings some drama into the picture.

    Though James is an obviously decent guy with loyalty to friends and an active/sporty lifestyle, we don't have a sense of his dating history -- does he fall for big personalities? shy young boys? hot slick GQ execs? beefy sports fan? Is this show his chance to break away from his 'usual' and go for something different?

    I've always been confused about exactly what it is that turns James on. What is a MUST for him.
    I totally agree. We know very little about James. Compared to better produced shows like the Bachelor, this show has done very little to entice viewers into the life of it's leading man. We got a brief bio on the first episode of James playing beach volleyball, and hanging out in an apartment with some friends, but that's about it.

    Who the hell lis James? What is James really looking for??? He talks about how he's "invested" his "full self into the process" but what is that full self? I don't see it. I think I know more about Andra than him. At least we know she's married.

  9. #109
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by smatt1973
    ..Who the hell lis James? What is James really looking for??? He talks about how he's "invested" his "full self into the process" but what is that full self? I don't see it. I think I know more about Andra than him. At least we know she's married.
    I think the only time we got a visual and verbal reaction from J was when Dan did the dancy dancy thing at the cowboy hoedown... Other than that, We see little reactions in his face, but you're not sure exactly how he weighs each reaction.

    Like you (smatt1973) said, J says he's invested his full self, and on his date he told Wes "in real life, I don't wear my heart on my sleeve". Gosh, I didn't know he was wearing his heart on his sleeve in the show. Maybe inside, he feels like he is b/c he's on tv and the cameras are rolling 24/7, but he (or the producers) haven't given us (the viewers) the footage to show us. He only hints at some of his fears, but with regard to each of the mates, he hasn't expressed whatever reservations he may have for each. We wouldn't be judgmental of him if he told us that he liked this and that but was NOT too impressed with this and that. It would give us a window into how he views potential relationships.

    I've heard stronger opinions from people choosing their dessert from a menu! Not to say James isn't a decent guy with all the right intentions -- it's just that is TV! It would be interesting to hear that James was turned off by Wes's 'on' personality at first (as many on this forum seem to be), because at the end, it would mean more if he decides to choose Wes OR not to choose Wes. By hearing his opinions on each, then seeing what his ulimate decision was, we'd be rewarded by knowing J better and understanding his journey.

  10. #110
    FORT Fogey eldee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    7,545
    Foody and Smart 1973, you are right about how little we know about James. IMO, Bravo has been more concerned re: the twist and drama of it, than the individuals themselves. The sensationalism aspect of "the game" unfortunately overshadowed the human element as mentioned above: who is James, what is he looking for, and who would make the best match for him (not who can play the game the best). Matt, was a clear example of how some people can have morals and consideration of someone else. In my eyes, although he lost the game, he never lost his dignity.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.