+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Does anyone use audible.com ?

Re: Does anyone use audible.com ?

Critical, I have the Kindle Paperwhite and I'm pretty sure they dropped the text-to-speech for that model.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Gamer Chick & Principal bearwme1's Avatar

I love Audible also. I drive long distances to work and back and I love listening to books during my drive. Sometimes I just sit in the driveway at hope for a while until I get to a stopping point. Sometimes I just can't wait to get up and get in the car and get further in my stories. Love Audible. I have listened to 3 times as many books as I have read. I still love reading on my Kindle, the WhisperSync is awesome too.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay22 View Post
    I love Audible. I'm a marathon runner and music doesn't keep my interest for long stretches of time, so I started on audible. It's awesome! Now I listen to books at work while I'm plugging away.

I have listened to the Hunger Games Series, the first 3 Game of Thrones and now I'm going thru the Other Boleyn Girl books. I only listen to books that I've read already (so that if my mind wanders onto actual work I don't miss anything) and I find that I pick up A LOT that I missed during my original reads.

Also, if you have a Kindle, they have something called "WhisperSync" where you can read on your Kindle and then it will pick up where you left off on Audible. I don't have a Kindle, so I haven't used it, but it's there

Audible is having a special right now. Three months (three credits) for $5.85 per month. The code is TZ2014. I called to ask if I could cancel my membership and resign up and he said no, but he did give me a really good three month deal of $7.49 per credit. Their customer service is great, you also get 30 percent off every book you buy without a credit and they do not hassle you when you cancel.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

I had a terrible time downloading Audible books onto my Kindle Fire. Books would only partially download or disappear altogether. I was on a long road trip so I kept having to find cafes with wifi so I could download it again. (The books go to the cloud, so you need internet access to download from the cloud onto your device.) I fared much better when I just downloaded straight to my Android phone.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

I listen on my Android phone too.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

The iPhone app works great!
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12