+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Free Books from Nook

Free Books from Nook

Does anyone download the free books from the Nook site?

I'm looking for something halfway decent to read that doesn't me anything, or very little (like $1 or $2). Most of what I've downloaded that was free is just pretty much unreadable (to me). If anyone has had any success with finding a good book from the free ones, maybe you could post it here and we could all benefit.

To start off, I did end up really enjoying Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, Book 1) by Susan Ee (cost $1) It's a YA, but I was fairly entertained, and she is currently still writing Book 2 (which I would wager will not cost $1).

Anything else I should look at? I'm not too particular, but I really don't care that much for mysteries, horror, or anything about vampires.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Re: Free Books from Nook

Do you get the free Friday book every week? It's on the blog I think. I google free Friday nook book each week. Well I did until I finally realized I could bookmark the link. They offer a wide variety of books but it is just one a week and often only available on that Friday. Have you looked at the $5 or under list in the shop? I've found some stuff there. Also I think you can do a search by genre type and 5.00 and it will narrow down the search. Actually you could even search for $2. It should give you ones $2 and under. I haven't tried it in awhile but it used to be, for example, in the search bar you type 'young adult 2.00' minus the parentheses and the search would show young adult novels $2 or less. I have found some in the free section but those aren't always easy to wade through.

Some of my favorite free ones are not free anymore because they're offering it to get you to buy the next ones in the series. I have added some new authors from the free Friday books but just as many I don't bother reading or end up not finishing them.

What genres do you like and I'll look to see if I have any recommendations. I love mysteries but do read other stuff as well.
    Last edited by justCoz; 07-07-2012 at 10:53 PM.

Re: Free Books from Nook

Sorry, haven't been able to get on for awhile.

I do sometimes get the free Friday ones, but most of the time they don't appeal to me.

I've actually done the searches on genre and price. I went nuts with that when I first got the Nook and downloaded willy nilly. However, most of them were so bad I usually give up after a few chapters Maybe I'm just getting to particular in my "old age," ha.

I just thought if others were downloading the free or cheap books, maybe someone would have come across something worth speading a little time reading. My favorite genre these days is fantasy, but I'll read just about anything that holds my attention - which usually means good writing and good character development.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread