+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: villian name for my book

villian name for my book

I wondered if anyone could help me? I have wrote my first book and all the way through I have struggled for a name for my villian, still even now it has been finished for the last three weeks I can not find one to suit him. He feeds on souls of teenagers before they die, then once they have passed on he controls them in every way he possible can. I thought about translating soul eater or feeder, then using the meaning by mixing the letters into an anorgram, maybe this is too much like hard work but I wanted it to have meaning to me. Any advice given would be much appreciated.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: villian name for my book

I like anagrams....does your villian have any special ethnicity? Do you want just a first name or two names? E.g., Saul Turee or Treue or Lou Sterea from soul eater. But you might do better with a baby book...they give the meanings of names as well as suggesting some unusual names you'd never think of off the top of your head.

I was thinking two names, he doesn't really have an ethnicity as he his dark and sinister and doesnt really show his face, i know i should know if him as a character from all different angles but he hardly ever showed himself in true form to her. i will check the baby books out thank you. I found (animaphagist) a few month ago but i couldn't remember where i had found it i tried to turn that into a name but i couldnt come up with anything useful.
    Last edited by amanda007; 12-15-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: want to add something

I like the anagram idea too. Just another thought, based on what you said - does he need an actual name? I don't know, but based on what you wrote, something like "The Watcher" popped into my head. And no, I don't mean call him that - but something along those lines. Don't give him a real name - sounds like he is really creepy, so maybe it adds to his creepiness if he doesn't have a name (then you can really wonder if he's real or a person at all)? Just what popped into my head. Congrats on writing a book!!

Thank you KatesMom that sounds like a wonderful idea and helps alot, obviously as i and the main character dont know enough about him to give him an actual name, something along the lines of 'the watcher' could be what i need. i will look into it and write a few ideas down. thanks again its the finally piece of my book that i needed and i am seriously glad its now nearly finished, also sad but still very glad.

I call the cubicle I'm indentured in SoulSucker 3000. You can use that name if you want to.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

From what katesMom said earlier, i have come up with a few other names that i am not sure of please tell me what you think: (the watcher)
    dark angel
    soul feeder
    soul angel
    soul watcher

The Soul Taker would be my suggestion
    I'm so happy for you! Please keep us posted on your success.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    The Soul Taker would be my suggestion
    I'm so happy for you! Please keep us posted on your success.
    Thank you so much I will keep you posted on my progress I am trying to design my own site so I can place some of my work on to be criticised while looking for an agent.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda007 View Post
    Thank you so much I will keep you posted on my progress I am trying to design my own site so I can place some of my work on to be criticised while looking for an agent.
    Check out Writers Village University. They have forums where members critique each others work and also have "get ready for publishing" threads.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast