+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series *spoilers*

Re: George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series *spoilers*

So I came in here to see if there was any news when the next book would be out and I see there isn't even a hint of a clue when it may be out. And they're talking about EIGHT books? I guess I will just give up caring about ever seeing any more of them.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” - Anthony Douglas Williams

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Leftcoaster

I'm currently rereading A Storm Of Swords.

I can't say I like this better the second time around.

Storywise.

Technically, I appreciate it more, but I'd have had another set of paths taken were I King of Content.

waywyrd likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I totally give up on ever seeing The Winds of Winter published. I don't think he's even started the thing, honestly.
    Critical likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

He’s started it, but I doubt he’s anywhere close to finishing it. He’s released chapters, so he’s written something. Maybe we’ll see TWOW, but I doubt we’ll see the final book, well, ever. He writes at a glacial pace and his age and health are huge factors going forward. I wonder if most readers will even care about reading these last two books so long after the show has already revealed the ending.

I'll be dead before this series ever gets finished. I could say if I had known I would never have started it, but I probably still would have.
    “When I look into the eyes of an animal, I do not see an animal. I see a living being. I see a friend. I feel a soul.” - Anthony Douglas Williams

+ Reply to Thread