+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series *spoilers*

Re: George R.R. Martin's Song of Ice and Fire Series *spoilers*

Those quizzes are fun little time wasters. A friend of mine got Lori for Walking Dead and Jaime for GOT. I'm thinking I might not know her as well as I thought I did. lol I was Arya.

I have seen the first two seasons of the show and have waited months for the 3rd one to come out on dvd. For some reason I thought the books would be hard to read. Finally I couldn't stand waiting anymore, I had to find out what happens to Arya, so I read all the books.
    I get tired of the endless flag and uniform descriptions and the battle scenes are hard for me to picture but otherwise a lot easier read then I thought it would be. I think watching the show helped a lot in getting me into the story quicker. I also think the casting department nailed it! Every time I read the description for a character I picture them on the show and was blown away by how well they fit. Watching the show I've had to laugh because none of the Stark's have the same accent. It's like they were all raised in different parts of Brittan. But as I'm reading the book I can hear their characters voice and it totally fits. I couldn't have pictured Theon's smirky, inappropriate smile if I hadn't seen it on the show first. And the Blackwater battle. WOW!!! I never could have pictured it as awesome as it was on the show.

You all are a lot better at picking up on the clues then I am. I had thought at first that Jon might be Rhaegar and Lyanna's, but then I read something in one of the books said by someone (LOL This is what happens when you blow through all five books in two weeks.) that made me think Jon might be Ned's older brother, Brandon/Brayden? And the woman who has been mentioned a couple of times who had a miscarriage and threw herself off a cliff or castle. I just can't remember what I read that made me think that.

Also I was wondering why we got so much of Cat's fathers dying and his muttering apologies to a woman named Tansy. Then we meet a peasant named Tansy. I thought Cat was going to find out that she herself was a bastard. It would be nice retribution for how horribly she treated Jon. I don't know if the new Cat would give a darn if she did find that out. I think new Cat is only worried about revenge.

I have been trying to figure out the three riders but am not near as good as ya'll are. Until reading the thoughts here, I never imagined Jon as one of the riders. After reading the trouble Dany is having controlling her dragons I was thinking that Jon, Arya, and Bran would "warg" or whatever with the dragons. I still think Arya is going to. I think Bran is going to take the place of the guy in the tree and be the new leader of the children.

I really want to find out what happened to Ben Stark. That is bugging me more then just about any of the other stories. It's that little loose end that has been dangling for way to long.

Whoever said these books are the literary equivalent to Lost was dead on. lol!!
    "You better watch your mouth sunshine."-Daryl Dixon

GRRM released another chapter from TWOW: http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerp...nds-of-winter/
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

He needs to just release the book.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

RIGHT!? At this point, it feels like he's going to release practically the entire thing one chapter at a time.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

CCL

Exactly. And then there's the show to consider. At this point it looks like it's going to move past the books in a couple seasons. At least he told the show creators what is supposed to (broadly) happen in the end but I'd rather read it (and all the details) first.

Seriously? NOT. HAPPY.
    'Game Of Thrones' Series Might Be Extended To 8 Books
    The Huffington Post | By Maddie Crum
    Posted: 06/03/2014 2:27 pm EDT Updated: 06/03/2014 4:59 pm EDT

If you're simultaneously dreading and anticipating the end of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series, we've got bittersweet news: Martin might extend what was once a seven-book series into an eight-book series. According to Vulture, his editor Anne Groell recently revealed some juicy details about her editing process and Martin's writing process.

According to Groell, she and Martin had gone back and forth on how many books should be in the series, which was originally intended to be a trilogy. They finally settled on seven books, for each of Westeros's seven kingdoms. However, she's recently amended:

"There are really technically eight kingdoms, all having to do with who has annexed what when Aegon the Conqueror landed in Westeros. So, maybe eight books for Seven Kingdoms would be okay."

Meanwhile, the release date for the series' sixth book, The Winds of Winter, remains TBD. Diehard fans will have to subsist on the show and occasional sneak peeks for now.

Commence your celebrating (or groaning).
    'Game Of Thrones' Series Might Be Extended To 8 Books

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    From the linked article:
    "Next, Martin has his upcoming Ice and Fire companion book, The World of Ice & Fire: The Untold History of Westeros, which will be published in October."
    I wish he would just focus on the next book in the series!!!
    Critical likes this.

Me too! Enough with the filler projects. Time's a'wasting!
    Last edited by Critical; 06-04-2014 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Sheesh, autocorrect.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

CCL

We need to get Ramsay Snow after him, put a little fear into him.

+ Reply to Thread