+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

I'm also disappointed that Katherine Heigel has been cast as Stephanie. I've seen photos of her recently as a brunette, and she doesn't look right at all.

BUT, I was also totally disappointed that they cast Renee Zelleweger as Bridget Jones, and I thought she did a great job. I loved both of those movies, even if they weren't quite like the books. Although Renee had Colin Firth and Hugh Grant as her supporting cast so that was a big help!

Yeah, but remember that Stephanie is actually pretty young... Sandra, great as she is, can't play her anymore. As we discussed above Shemar Moore would have been good for Ranger (actually he still works for me!), but again Ranger is not all that old. And Morelli is just a few years older than Stephanie. Really limits our choices of well known actors.
    Oh, good point. Although I'd still believe it if the cast was all aged appropriately (the books don't stress the ages that much, which is why I didn't think about it).

Vinnie Plum - Patrick Fischler

Another complete miscast for me. Somehow I always pictured him sort of looking like the My Cousin Vinny character with the suits and the mollish girlfriend. This guy gives me a PeeWee Herman vibe and that is not the way I pictured Vinnie.

There is a Guess model, Franziska Frank, who in my mind is what Stephanie looks like. Katherine could never pull that look off, she's too.....I don't know...almost tomboyish, I guess? Definitely could never pull off the big Jersey hair, etc that Stephanie has. Google Franziska Frank Guess to see what I mean about the look, I wonder if she can act? LOL.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

CCL

^ I don't see it re: Franziska Frank.
    I think Sandra Bullock would have been ideal. Too bad they didn't make the movie several years ago.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3966046;
    ^ I don't see it re: Franziska Frank.
    Picture her with dark hair, I don't see the Sandra because she's too tomboyish as well and I'm not sure Sandra could pull off that big Jersey hair that is such a part of Stephanie in the novels.

I think we can all agree that almost anybody other than the one they chose would have been better.

I still wish Marisa Tomei had been cast. Her Jersey girl look and attitude is spot on Stephanie Plum. I saw a photo of her in Entertainment Weekly last week. She looks great...she may be 45 but she can definitely still pass for 30. Oh well, better get used to the idea of stupid Katherine Heigel.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3966176;
    I still wish Marisa Tomei had been cast. Her Jersey girl look and attitude is spot on Stephanie Plum. I saw a photo of her in Entertainment Weekly last week. She looks great...she may be 45 but she can definitely still pass for 30. Oh well, better get used to the idea of stupid Katherine Heigel.
    Absolutely perfect choice. Of course when I said that Vinnie should remind us of My Cousin Vinny, I couldn't help but think that Marisa would be perfect as Stephanie (and we already know she can do the accent, big hair, and outrageous clothing).

The casting is not anything like my imagination.... the closest to matching a character (for me) would be the Ranger dude. Morelli, Irish - come on - you can't tell me there are no Italian actors suitable for the role? I know he is an actor, and will probably do a good acting job, but he is not even remotely similar to the Joe Morelli in my head. I am disappointed but willing to give it a shot anyway. I wonder if this is why it has taken so long to get the movie made, no one ever "fits the look" we have allowed our imaginations to create? Oh well, have they even started filming it yet?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3966090;
    Picture her with dark hair, I don't see the Sandra because she's too tomboyish as well and I'm not sure Sandra could pull off that big Jersey hair that is such a part of Stephanie in the novels.

I think we can all agree that almost anybody other than the one they chose would have been better.
    Have you seen Miss Congeniality? Sandra IS Stephanie in that movie....lol. And Steph is a tomboy. She's not girly at all.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3964136;
    "Ick" is all I can say about the casting. Jason O'Mara as Morelli? A) he's IRISH and B) yeah, he's IRISH! He doesn't look remotely Italian. The guy playing Ranger is cute, but he's too cute. Ranger is more manly and dangerous and that actor is just too pretty. As soon as I heard Katherine would be playing Stephanie I knew I wouldn't see the movie. I only hope this isn't another in a line of stinkers she's starred in lately. Fans of the book deserve better than that.
    I LOVE Jason O'Mara.... But I still see Mark Ruffalo as Morelli and The Rock as Ranger. I'll see the movie, of course, because I adore the books, but I'm hoping that they have cast the right people and that it falls together in the theater. We'll see.

And Connie should be Jean Smart. IMO, anyway.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread