+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3964116;
    I'm good with Morelli, Ranger, and Vinnie. I don't know anything about the actress playing Connie.

But Katherine Heigl for Stephanie Plum? I just don't see it.
    I am having a hard time with Katherine as Stephanie too. We shall see, hopefully she can pull it off.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3964124;
    I am having a hard time with Katherine as Stephanie too. We shall see, hopefully she can pull it off.
    ITA, Katherine would not have been my first choice, but after seeing her in some of her more recent comedic roles I think she can pull it off. I hope they atleast make her a brunette like Stephanie's character in the books.

"Ick" is all I can say about the casting. Jason O'Mara as Morelli? A) he's IRISH and B) yeah, he's IRISH! He doesn't look remotely Italian. The guy playing Ranger is cute, but he's too cute. Ranger is more manly and dangerous and that actor is just too pretty. As soon as I heard Katherine would be playing Stephanie I knew I wouldn't see the movie. I only hope this isn't another in a line of stinkers she's starred in lately. Fans of the book deserve better than that.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

No, no, no...the casting is all wrong. Sigh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Well, I'm willing to give the Ranger actor a shot...he's very good looking! And yes Crit, he should definitely be more "manly and dangerous", but I've only seen the still photos....maybe he can pull it off - after all, he's an actor As for the Irish Morelli....no, no and NO And yet, I still wouldn't miss this movie for anything. With the cast they've set, my expectations are so low surely the movie will exceed them!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3964136;
    "Ick" is all I can say about the casting. Jason O'Mara as Morelli? A) he's IRISH and B) yeah, he's IRISH! He doesn't look remotely Italian. The guy playing Ranger is cute, but he's too cute. Ranger is more manly and dangerous and that actor is just too pretty. As soon as I heard Katherine would be playing Stephanie I knew I wouldn't see the movie. I only hope this isn't another in a line of stinkers she's starred in lately. Fans of the book deserve better than that.
    I looked him up on imdb, thinking maybe he would at least be black Irish... He was the star in Life on Mars. Click if you want to see some pictures.

Jason O'Mara

Did you know there was a 2002 TV movie of One for the Money? Tyler Christopher played Morelli! From General Hospital. SP was an actress from True Blood, Dawn Green was the character's name. Lynn Collins is the actress.

Daniel Sunjata is the actor playing Ranger in the movie. He was on Rescue Me (Franco Rivera) and a lab tech on L&O:SVU (Burt Trevor).

Daniel Sunjata
    Last edited by PWS; 07-05-2010 at 02:31 PM.

This casting is completely wrong. Have these people even read the books or did they just go for names and looks over trying to be true to the novels. Hugely disappointed and will pass on the movie till it becomes available for renting and then will watch when I have nothing else to watch.

I'm having mental images of Katherine trying to pull off the accent and being completely ridiculous (what is new?) at it. No way can she play this role and even come close to being believable.

They should have had one of us long time fans casting, so here's a question, who would you guys have cast in the three primary roles?

Are they not going to have Lulu in it? She and Grandma Mazer were my favorite characters. I do have to admit that I lost interest in the books and while I have them all, I stopped reading them a few numbers back. They began to feel a bit formulaic and predictable, I also got tired of the "which man will she wind up with" thing. I do have fond memories of them when I couldn't wait for the next one to come out and I'm disappointed with news of the movie and the casting, I expected so much more.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3964576;
    This casting is completely wrong. Have these people even read the books or did they just go for names and looks over trying to be true to the novels. Hugely disappointed and will pass on the movie till it becomes available for renting and then will watch when I have nothing else to watch.

I'm having mental images of Katherine trying to pull off the accent and being completely ridiculous (what is new?) at it. No way can she play this role and even come close to being believable.

They should have had one of us long time fans casting, so here's a question, who would you guys have cast in the three primary roles?

Are they not going to have Lulu in it? She and Grandma Mazer were my favorite characters. I do have to admit that I lost interest in the books and while I have them all, I stopped reading them a few numbers back. They began to feel a bit formulaic and predictable, I also got tired of the "which man will she wind up with" thing. I do have fond memories of them when I couldn't wait for the next one to come out and I'm disappointed with news of the movie and the casting, I expected so much more.
    Apparently no one thinks we fans would be interested in them---or Vinnie, her slimy boss, or Joyce, her arch rival or (blanking) (Connie?) the office manager, or Sally, the trans performert, or her parents or sister or sister's eventual husband....(ok, I guess he wasn't in the first book)... the small parts that make the book so funny. I mean she spends as much time with Lulu as she does with Joe or Ranger, pagewise, and that's usually the funniest part of the book.

Apparently no one thinks we fans would be interested in them---or Vinnie, her slimy boss, or Joyce, her arch rival or (blanking) (Connie?) the office manager, or Sally, the trans performer, or her parents or sister or sister's eventual husband....(ok, I guess he wasn't in the first book)... the small parts that make the book so funny. I mean she spends as much time with Lulu as she does with Joe or Ranger, pagewise, and that's usually the funniest part of the book.
    They cast Vinnie and Connie (along with Ranger, Plum, and Morelli). They're probably still casting the other parts, but were Lulu and Joyce in the first book? I don't remember, and my books are scattered across 4 rooms right now while we work on the house, so there's no way I can get to it (assuming it's really where I think it is).

(And I would have liked to see Sandra Bullock as Stephanie. *That* would have made sense to me.)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;3964875;
    They cast Vinnie and Connie (along with Ranger, Plum, and Morelli). They're probably still casting the other parts, but were Lulu and Joyce in the first book? I don't remember, and my books are scattered across 4 rooms right now while we work on the house, so there's no way I can get to it (assuming it's really where I think it is).

(And I would have liked to see Sandra Bullock as Stephanie. *That* would have made sense to me.)
    Yeah, but remember that Stephanie is actually pretty young... Sandra, great as she is, can't play her anymore. As we discussed above Shemar Moore would have been good for Ranger (actually he still works for me!), but again Ranger is not all that old. And Morelli is just a few years older than Stephanie. Really limits our choices of well known actors.
    PS Sorry, I forgot they'd cast Vinnie and Connie when I didn't see them on imdb.

+ Reply to Thread