+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Hmm, still not seeing it. But, it won't stop me from seeing the movie. More than once I thought an actor was wrong for a part, only to find myself completely surprised by how well the performance went. Changing the hair color doesn't make her look like Stephanie though. IMO
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

I thought Rob Pattinson was all wrong for the part of Edward Cullen...until I saw the movie. Hopefully, Katherine Heigl can pull it off without cheesing it up.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3855218;
    I thought Rob Pattinson was all wrong for the part of Edward Cullen...until I saw the movie. Hopefully, Katherine Heigl can pull it off without cheesing it up.
    That was what I was thinking also!
    I thought Kristen Stewart would be perfect, and she did not live up to my expectation. So anything is possible!
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Janet Evanovich has an excerpt on Sizzlin Sixteen on her website. She also answers questions about the movie casting. I came across this layout for Steph's home town. It has a layout of all of the places they mention in the books.
    Finger Lickin' Fifteen
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 03-27-2010 at 03:03 AM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Woo Hoo!! It looks like it really is going to happen I'm so excited I'm going to try....really hard.....to put aside all my Katherine Heigl misgivings and hope for the best. I have been waiting for this practically since I read the very first book many moons ago.

In what could be the beginning of a beautiful relationship, Lionsgate announced today that it has acquired distribution rights to One for the Money, the adaptation of Janet Evanovich’s first novel in her bestselling Stephanie Plum series. Katherine Heigl will play the gutsy, bounty-hunting heroine, whose adventures have spawned 19 books.

Last Song helmer Julie Ann Robinson, who previously directed Heigl on Grey’s Anatomy, will direct from a script recently rewritten by Liz Brixius (Nurse Jackie). Heigl will play the newly-divorced, recently laid-off 30-year old Plum, who, desperate for income, agrees to work for her slimy cousin and his bail bond company. She lands a huge case, a local cop wanted for murder. Turns out the cop is the guy who broke her heart in high school, and her investigation embroils her in murder, deceit, and a bit of romance.

One for the Money has been in development at Columbia Pictures since the mid-90s. Producer Lakeshore Entertainment acquired the property from Columbia and will now produce along with Lionsgate and Sidney Kimmel Entertainment. Production is set to begin on July 12.
    Katherine Heigl crime thriller 'One For the Money' acquired by Lionsgate | EW.com
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

Just so it's not one and done. We might get used to the idea of K. Heigl as Stephanie if we see it enough.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Janet Evanovich as an excerpt for Sizzlin Sixteen up on her website now. The book comes out on June 22,2010
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FYI any fan in the Pittsburgh area! Extras needed Tuesday, July 6

Casting call this Tuesday!! 18 and over.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Casting for "One for the Money" has progressed! Release date in 2012. Per IMDB.com the following actors have been cast thus far:

Stephanie Plum - Katherine Heigl
    Joe Morelli - Jason O'Mara
    Ranger - Daniel Sunjata
    Vinnie Plum - Patrick Fischler
    Connie - Christina Aloe

Looks like we will finally see Stephanie Plum characters come to life!

Casting for "One for the Money" has progressed! Release date in 2012. Per IMDB.com the following actors have been cast thus far:

Stephanie Plum - Katherine Heigl
    Joe Morelli - Jason O'Mara
    Ranger - Daniel Sunjata
    Vinnie Plum - Patrick Fischler
    Connie - Christina Aloe

Looks like we will finally see Stephanie Plum characters come to life!
    I'm good with Morelli, Ranger, and Vinnie. I don't know anything about the actress playing Connie.

But Katherine Heigl for Stephanie Plum? I just don't see it.

+ Reply to Thread