+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Sorry, I just think Shemar is too pretty to be Ranger. Ranger is manly and not pretty. Plus, although Shemar is about 6'1", he's still not as physically imposing as Ranger needs to be. I'd love to see an unknown in the role. The character is supposed to be mysterious, so having an unknown actor playing Ranger would work.

Like I said upthread though, even if all of the other characters are cast perfectly, the movie will still stink with KH in the lead.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3830785;
    Sorry, I just think Shemar is too pretty to be Ranger. Ranger is manly and not pretty. Plus, although Shemar is about 6'1", he's still not as physically imposing as Ranger needs to be. I'd love to see an unknown in the role. The character is supposed to be mysterious, so having an unknown actor playing Ranger would work.

Like I said upthread though, even if all of the other characters are cast perfectly, the movie will still stink with KH in the lead.

I totally agree with you on that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Shemar could play Ranger definitely. He's surprised more than a few times with what he can pull off. KH only plays one role, and she's been playing it since she was 14 in My Father the Hero. I just don't believe she can play Stephanie.

My original Stephanie was Heather Paige Kent who played Lydia Delucca on That's Life. Heck the whole cast would've been good: Paul Sorvino - Dad, Ellen Burstyn-Mom, Debi Mazar-Joyce. That cast was a gold mine! But, if I had to choose now, here's what I go with:

Stephanie: Jessica Alba
    Morelli: Eddie Cahill/Jeremy Renner-ish actor
    Ranger: Shemar Moore
    Mom: Dianne Wiest
    Grandma Mazur: Cloris Leachman
    Lula: Countess Vaughn
    Joyce: Jessalyn Gilsig

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;3831169;
    Shemar could play Ranger definitely. He's surprised more than a few times with what he can pull off. KH only plays one role, and she's been playing it since she was 14 in My Father the Hero. I just don't believe she can play Stephanie.

My original Stephanie was Heather Paige Kent who played Lydia Delucca on That's Life. Heck the whole cast would've been good: Paul Sorvino - Dad, Ellen Burstyn-Mom, Debi Mazar-Joyce. That cast was a gold mine! But, if I had to choose now, here's what I go with:

Stephanie: Jessica Alba
    Morelli: Eddie Cahill/Jeremy Renner-ish actor
    Ranger: Shemar Moore
    Mom: Dianne Wiest
    Grandma Mazur: Cloris Leachman
    Lula: Countess Vaughn
    Joyce: Jessalyn Gilsig
    Wow, I absolutely loved that show and the cast. It was great.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Love Dianne Weist as Mrs. Plum!
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Please don't hold me to this, but for along time there I was reading the Q&A on Evanovich's site, and I thought Alex confirmed once that Ranger is 3 months older then Stephanie to the day.
    Shemar is too old for the role as is the Rock, but I agree with Katydyd that Shemar (with his great acting chops) could have been Ranger (if he was younger). They are all in their early 30's with Morelli being what, 2 years older then Plum?.........

For me, Steve Buscemi as Vinnie. But, there are so many great actors performing these days, that when it gets down to filming....... I will probably be happy with whomever they get.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3831858;
    Please don't hold me to this, but for along time there I was reading the Q&A on Evanovich's site, and I thought Alex confirmed once that Ranger is 3 months older then Stephanie to the day.
    Shemar is too old for the role as is the Rock, but I agree with Katydyd that Shemar (with his great acting chops) could have been Ranger (if he was younger). They are all in their early 30's with Morelli being what, 2 years older then Plum?.........

For me, Steve Buscemi as Vinnie. But, there are so many great actors performing these days, that when it gets down to filming....... I will probably be happy with whomever they get.
    I just hope they can translate the goofiness of the books into a movie. Who would you cast as Sally Sweet? For some reason I always picture a growly voiced blond spiked haired British rocker type playing him.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Sally Sweet is tough, so would be Mooner. I picture Sean Penn from Fast Times at Ridgemont High, but he is definitely too old to be Mooner.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I could totally see Steven Zahn as Mooner - but he's too old now too.

I saw Katherine Heigel on ET or some entertainment show tonight and she's a brunette now *sigh* I guess this is really happening.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

At first I was so bummed! But if she acts like Stephanie to a tee and perms her out Jersey style, hopefully she can pull it off.

Most recent public pic:

+ Reply to Thread