+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 197
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

  1. #41
    CCL
    CCL is offline
    Climbing Solsbury Hill CCL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    8,573

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3827933;
    I think I've found my ideal Morelli . Anyone familiar with Henry Cavill from "The Tudors"? Of course, he'd have to switch that British accent to a Jersey one, but still, he's mighty yummy....And I second (third?) the idea of Steve Buscemi as Vinnie. He's perfect!

    Attachment 26386


    ETA: I like the idea of Anne Hathaway as Stephanie...but how about Jennifer Garner?
    Oh, yes, aesthetically Henry Cavill is perfect. I know nothing about him as an actor (though for some reason I seem to remember his name coming up as the actor that Stephenie Meyer originally wanted to play Edward in Twilight but then he got too old), but looks-wise he fits the bill to a T.
    Anne Hathaway I can see in terms of kookiness but looks-wise I don't see her as Stephanie. I like the suggestion of Jennifer Garner. Jill Hennessy would have been interesting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

  2. #42
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,250

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Yes, Heigl as Joyce! I think she could pull that off, and someone Veronica Mars like as Steph.

  3. #43
    Resident "tyrant" JavaJo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Bedlam
    Posts
    6,099

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    I don't know about Shemar Moore as Ranger because Ranger is more hispanic and I'd be thinking about that the whole time I was watching him.

    Who would play Tank? I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head...
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

  4. #44
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,337

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3828751;
    I don't know about Shemar Moore as Ranger because Ranger is more hispanic and I'd be thinking about that the whole time I was watching him.

    Who would play Tank? I can't really think of anyone off the top of my head...
    Yeah. Shemar Moore is cute, but he's not Ranger. Ranger is brooding and mysterious and Hispanic....and tall. I only know Shemar from The Young and the Restless and he was none of those things. He's just too open and smiley to be Ranger.

    I sort of feel like there's almost no point to discussing the rest of the cast, because if they screw up with the casting of Stephanie, then it doesn't matter. If KH plays her, the movie's going to stink.

    I think Shiri Applebee would be a good Stephanie, but she's probably not enough of a name.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  5. #45
    Peeking In Duxxy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    looking for a deal on evilBay
    Posts
    6,052

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    I just looked up Shiri and she's really cute, I remember her as the timid doctor on ER.
    KH lovers might come out to see the movie, it might be nice to have unknowns play the roles.
    As for Joyce I always see her as a young, redheaded Kristen Stewart - you know she could blow the doors off Joyce!

    I don't think Shemar is too dark to play Ranger - he's described as a dark Cuban American. I'd buy it... if he were younger
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

  6. #46
    FORT Devotee Mike'sgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    IA
    Posts
    5,152

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3828775;
    Yeah. Shemar Moore is cute, but he's not Ranger. Ranger is brooding and mysterious and Hispanic....and tall. I only know Shemar from The Young and the Restless and he was none of those things. He's just too open and smiley to be Ranger.

    I sort of feel like there's almost no point to discussing the rest of the cast, because if they screw up with the casting of Stephanie, then it doesn't matter. If KH plays her, the movie's going to stink.

    I think Shiri Applebee would be a good Stephanie, but she's probably not enough of a name.

    I think she would make a GREAT Stephanie!

    Have they already cast the others? I went to IMDB, and they have some interesting actors listed, but since they have the lead wrong, I figure none of that matters.
    Why has it taken so long to get this movie made? Anyone know the scoop?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

  7. #47
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3829553;
    I think she would make a GREAT Stephanie!

    Have they already cast the others? I went to IMDB, and they have some interesting actors listed, but since they have the lead wrong, I figure none of that matters.
    Why has it taken so long to get this movie made? Anyone know the scoop?
    Interesting. If you check out IMDB it looks like they had a 2002 TV movie in the works with Tyler Christopher (Nikolas, GH) as Morelli. Um, no . I just hope the movie gets made, Katherine Hiegl or not! I love the books, and I'd really like to see what they do with them. Plus, as a former Jersey girl who grew up 15 minutes outside of Trenton, I'm curious to see if they get it right. So, as much as I think KH is all wrong for Stephanie, I'll reserve judgement until I see her with dark hair and a Jersey accent Frankly, I like Reese Witherspoon, but she was originally tagged for Stephanie and I think she's an even worse casting choice.
    Last edited by Katydyd; 02-15-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: Yeesh, I can't spell!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  8. #48
    Yes we Did! - Twice!! Katydyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In the playground in my mind
    Posts
    3,061

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3828775;
    Yeah. Shemar Moore is cute, but he's not Ranger. Ranger is brooding and mysterious and Hispanic....and tall. I only know Shemar from The Young and the Restless and he was none of those things. He's just too open and smiley to be Ranger.
    Ahhhh, that explains it. See, if you watched Criminal Minds you'd get plenty of brooding, mysterious Shemar But actually, you're probably right (Though Shemar could probably pull off Hispanicish). For years, Sandra Bullock and The Rock have been Stephanie and Ranger to me (I love to "cast" books when I read them, kind of a habit) But, they're both way past the time when they would have been perfect. And truthfully, I guess Shemar is too old too....but he sure is fine to look at
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata


    "I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

  9. #49
    PWS
    PWS is offline
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    15,250

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3829879;
    Ahhhh, that explains it. See, if you watched Criminal Minds you'd get plenty of brooding, mysterious Shemar But actually, you're probably right (Though Shemar could probably pull off Hispanicish). For years, Sandra Bullock and The Rock have been Stephanie and Ranger to me (I love to "cast" books when I read them, kind of a habit) But, they're both way past the time when they would have been perfect. And truthfully, I guess Shemar is too old too....but he sure is fine to look at


    So what are we thinking here, Stephanie and Joe have to be mid 20's? late 20's? They were in school together so he can't be a lot older...plus in the famous looking up her dress scene as kids... Too much older and it's weird. I can see Ranger being a bit older....
    And Ranger is dark...and they never talk about him having straight hair, my image is he definitely is a Cuban with a little Afro mixed in---that's the thing about Cubans they can be anything from blonde to very, very dark. And he doesn't make a deal about being Hispanic, not always tossing around Spanish phrases, no accent... he calls her babe not querida...so Shemar could pull it off. Except I guess for the age thing....

  10. #50
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,142

    Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

    For me, Ranger can be anywhere from upper 20's to upper 30's.

    I can definitely see Shemar fitting into the character based on his character on Criminal Minds.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.