+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3827854;
    Anne Hathaway would be perfect, if we can't have Sandra. I love the idea of Steve Buscemi as Vinnie.
    I'd fine with Anne since Sandra is a tad too old for the part. But Steve is definitely slimy Vinny. If Steve couldn't do it, I'd go for John Lebowitz....lol.

As for Mark Ruffalo, I could compromise on that. I just always picture him when I read the books...but then again...I think he's super sexy...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Finally, a Stephanie Plum movie! I agree, not thrilled about Katherine Heigl as Stephanie. Sorry Katherine you will have to die your hair dark brown and get blue contacts to impress me!

They have waited so long that the ones I had envisioned in the part of probably too old or have passed on. I always pictured Jill Hennessy (Crossing Jordon) as Stephanie and a very young Mel Gibson as Morelli. Estelle Getty has always been Grandma Mazur to me. Hmmm, we should continue to post our ideal cast and maybe the producer (Katherine) will listen.

I think I've found my ideal Morelli . Anyone familiar with Henry Cavill from "The Tudors"? Of course, he'd have to switch that British accent to a Jersey one, but still, he's mighty yummy....And I second (third?) the idea of Steve Buscemi as Vinnie. He's perfect!

hen.jpg

ETA: I like the idea of Anne Hathaway as Stephanie...but how about Jennifer Garner?
    Last edited by Katydyd; 02-14-2010 at 12:58 AM.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

on Buscemi for Vinnie, but Connie's got to be very Italian also, not Jean Smartish. More Marisa Tomei with a little padding, since Marisa is too old to be Steph, and I think Connie is a little older. A few years ago I would have said Patti Lupone.

But what about Joyce, her husband stealing nemesis... no suggestions?

I think Lindsay Lohan would make an excellent Joyce, especially if she would dye her hair back to red.

Id' say Emily Blunt or Christina Applegate for Joyce. The bad thing about filming this now...is the 'perfect' cast is a little too old to pass for mid 20's anymore. They waited just a bit too long.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

To the Point

Ranger = Shemar Moore

Oh yeah, I could certainly live with that!

How about Becki Newton (Amanda from Ugly Betty) for Joyce?? I think she could do mean, nasty and man-crazy.

Michael Clarke Duncan can play either Tank or Ramirez. Do we even meet Tank in the first book?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3828385;
    Ranger = Shemar Moore

Oh yeah, I could certainly live with that!
    I know - that is my vision of Ranger when I read, but already he is to old 42 I think......(much like Dwayne Johnson turning 40 in 3 months).

I can't imagine Katherine Heigl as Stephanie, but if she is a good actress, maybe she can make it work. (?????) My choice would be Kristen Bell (Veronica Mars herself). So, I'm with Duxxy.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Maybe Katherine Heigl would make a good Joyce. I just don't want her to be Stephanie.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread