+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

lovin everyone's ideas! oh yeah! The Rock mmmmmm
    the best visual of Grandma Mazur for me is 'she looks like a scrawny soup chicken' lol
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think it's interesting that Ms. Evanovich, herself, wanted Sandra Bullock for the role.

I guess though, when it comes to Hollywood doing your book, you need to just be content with the $$ they've paid you.

I agree with the poster upthread about Shemar Moore as Ranger. He's definitely got that elusive, man of mystery thing going on. I like the Rock but nothing about him, for me anyway, screams sexy and Ranger is all about sex!

Cloris Leachman would probably be great in the role of Grandma. I think Betty White has played this same type of character far too many times. Kathryn Joosten would be good, too.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3824404;
    Yeap, I see a more Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" type physique and brooding character.
    When this was circulating a few years ago I had a cast almost set. Sandra Bullock as Stephanie, The Rock as Ranger and George Clooney as Morelli.

I always thought Estelle Getty would have been a perfect Grandma Mazur, unfortunately that can't happen. I also like katydid's idea for her to be played by Betty White.

Stephanie's mom is a tough one...I don't like Susan Sarandon for her. That would take thought.

Love Mo'Nique as Lula.

edit:

According to the Movie Insider, Katherine Heigel is also executive producer...could that be why she is Stephanie?
    Last edited by dagwood; 02-11-2010 at 04:14 PM.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3825547;
    When this was circulating a few years ago I had a cast almost set. Sandra Bullock as Stephanie, The Rock as Ranger and George Clooney as Morelli.

I always thought Estelle Getty would have been a perfect Grandma Mazur, unfortunately that can't happen. I also like katydid's idea for her to be played by Betty White.

Stephanie's mom is a tough one...I don't like Susan Sarandon for her. That would take thought.

Love Mo'Nique as Lula.

edit:

According to the Movie Insider, Katherine Heigel is also executive producer...could that be why she is Stephanie?

No.

TPTB put her on this movie because she had good box office with her last movie. Then, they made her Exec producer. That means, if the movie does well, she'll share in the profits.

well she'd better step it up because Stephanie isn't one of her shrewish, quivering nancy girls. In my mind Stephanie has a very expressive face and her body language bellows... and she's NOT cutsie!

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I agree with all of you ...Katherine Heigl is so NOT Stephanie Plum. Disappointing.

KH is not Stephenie Plum. My dream cast:

Stephenie/Sandra Bullock
    Morelli/Mark Ruffalo
    Ranger/Dwayne Johnson;The Rock
    Grandma Mazur/either Cloris Leachman or the meatball rapping granny in the Wedding Singer, maybe even Betty White
    Stephs mom/the mom from that 70's show
    Stephs dad/John Goodman
    Connie/Jean Smart
    Vinnie/ Steve Buscemi
    Lula/Mo'Niqu or Queen Latifah
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Damn good cast JavaJo.. although I do have to disagree with Mark Ruffalo - he's every-man to me... just not sexy enough

since we all pretty much agree that Sandra is too old to play Stephanie now.. what do you guys think about Anne Hathaway?

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3827781;
    Damn good cast JavaJo.. although I do have to disagree with Mark Ruffalo - he's every-man to me... just not sexy enough

since we all pretty much agree that Sandra is too old to play Stephanie now.. what do you guys think about Anne Hathaway?
    Wow, too funny.

My sister just said the same thing to me the other day when I told her about the movie casting.
    I think AH would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3827781;

Anne Hathaway would be perfect, if we can't have Sandra. I love the idea of Steve Buscemi as Vinnie.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread