+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

I've loved Anne Morgan Guilbert way back since when she played Miller Helper on The Dick Van Dyke Show. She's a terrific comic actress.
    Mike'sgirl likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

This movie was so bad there is no chance for a sequel. It could have been so good, too. Damn.

The casting was way off. They resorted to over playing some scenes and lost the humor. Grandma shooting the turkey for example. The books humor came from understating the over the top situation with wry humor.

Did the screen writer and casting director acutally read the books? Reading only one did not work. They needed to read several to get the gist.
    NCLurker likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    This movie was so bad there is no chance for a sequel. It could have been so good, too. Damn.

The casting was way off. They resorted to over playing some scenes and lost the humor. Grandma shooting the turkey for example. The books humor came from understating the over the top situation with wry humor.

Did the screen writer and casting director acutally read the books? Reading only one did not work. They needed to read several to get the gist.
    I agree, I love the books and was so ticked off at the movie! Just so poorly done, it almost felt like a rush job, even though the book is not new.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I just finally watched this on Epix. Wrong casting,totally. Ranger doesn't smile. Morelli was ok. The rest yuck. I hate when my books are ruined when turned into movies.
    NCLurker likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I just finally watched this on Epix. Wrong casting,totally. Ranger doesn't smile. Morelli was ok. The rest yuck. I hate when my books are ruined when turned into movies.
    I so agree. It seemed almost as if, here they had this great idea and did a quickie throw away movie. What a waste of a good book.
    NCLurker likes this.

I didn't bother to see it but a friend of mine did and agrees with what has been said here. By the way, I'm reading Number 19 right now. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed the last few.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    I didn't bother to see it but a friend of mine did and agrees with what has been said here. By the way, I'm reading Number 19 right now. I'm enjoying it more than I enjoyed the last few.
    I just finished that one. I listen to them on audio. The woman who reads them (except I think for the first few) is hysterical! I so get exactly the picture of all the characters just with her voices. Her name is Lorelei King. If you get the chance, check one out.

+ Reply to Thread