+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Yeah, I just don't care for Sarandon. For Stephanie, I'd much rather see Marisa Tomei or someone like her that can pull off that Jersey girl accent and toughness.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3824167;
    Yeah, I just don't care for Sarandon. For Stephanie, I'd much rather see Marisa Tomei or someone like her that can pull off that Jersey girl accent and toughness.
    If they'd made it ten years ago, Marisa could have pulled off late-20's. Unfortunately, she's just too old now. ITA though - someone like her would be great. I never had much of an opinion of Katherine Heigl until her last few movies. All she's capable of playing is high strung shrews. I definitely won't be seeing any more of her films, even if they make her Stephanie Plum. I couldn't bear to see her ruin a character I love.

I love Susan Sarandon, but I don't see her as Mrs. Plum.

Why do movie people feel the need to adapt every popular book, especially when they usually do such a crappy job?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

In my opinion Critical, it's because they have run out of ideas of their own! They take the core of books we love and they bastardized them until they are barely recognizable then hawk it to the book lovers as the real McCoy. Buncha snake oil salesmen.

Wow - I sound like I'm 90. LMAO
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think M'onique would make an excellent Lula,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Good call. I totally forgot about M'onique. She would be good.

Who are they going to get for Ranger? I hope they don't mess up with that casting like they did with Heigl.

I'd have much preferred an older Sandra Bullock or Marisa Tomei in that role.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3824031;
    Ew, I cannot stand Katherine Heigl. Duxxy, other than Susan Sarandon, I like all of your choices. Adam Rodriguez would need to hit the gym though...my Ranger is a bit more muscular.
    Yeap, I see a more Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" type physique and brooding character.

Nicey Nash from Clean House as Lula is spot on casting.

Joe Flanigan from Stargate: Atlantis as Morelli.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3824404;
    Yeap, I see a more Dwayne Johnson "The Rock" type physique and brooding character.

Nicey Nash from Clean House as Lula is spot on casting.

Joe Flanigan from Stargate: Atlantis as Morelli.
    Ohh I've always pictured a young "The Rock" as Ranger I like the idea of Kathryn Joosten as Grandma Mazur. But Betty White was so good as that type of character in The Proposal I think she'd be great too. I always thought Jennifer Esposito would have made a fabulous Stephanie, but she's too old now too. I actually don't mind KH, but she's definitely not Stephanie!...I'll go regardless of who they cast though, just 'cause I love the series.

ETA: Duh. Shemar Moore. Ranger. Right age too (I always figured Ranger a few years older)
    Last edited by Katydyd; 02-10-2010 at 09:59 PM.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3824545;
    Ohh I've always pictured a young "The Rock" as Ranger I like the idea of Kathryn Joosten as Grandma Mazur. But Betty White was so good as that type of character in The Proposal I think she'd be great too. I always thought Jennifer Esposito would have made a fabulous Stephanie, but she's too old now too. I actually don't mind KH, but she's definitely not Stephanie!...I'll go regardless of who they cast though, just 'cause I love the series.
    Ditto on The Rock/Ranger - I've always pictured Ranger as a mix of The Rock and Ice T. I would never have thought of Betty White as the grandmother - that would be interesting.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Omg The Rock would make a great Ranger. He has all of the necessary muscles and the ability to make a woman swoon,lol.

GrandMa Mazur requires someone maybe like Cloris Leachman.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I always pictured Grandma Mazur as a combination of Betty White and Estelle Getty.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread