+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Surprisingly, I don't mind Katherine Heigel in the role as much as I thought I would. And I like Lula too. Morelli doesn't work for me at all. He doesn't look or sound Italian. Their Ranger is too short and too much of a pretty boy. My Ranger is taller, better built, and more badass looking.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    Surprisingly, I don't mind Katherine Heigel in the role as much as I thought I would. And I like Lula too. Morelli doesn't work for me at all. He doesn't look or sound Italian. Their Ranger is too short and too much of a pretty boy. My Ranger is taller, better built, and more badass looking.
    I'm okay with Morelli although Jason wouldn't have been my first choice. I do love Jason O'Mara though, so I think I can suffer with him being Morelli... And I agree...my Ranger is a total badass and he's a fairly big dude. And it's weird because the actor they have playing him looks tall in everything else he is in. He towered over Bailey on Grey's and he didn't seem that short on Third Watch, but in this trailer, he looks pretty small. Oh well, when I read the books, I picture Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and this guy doesn't even come close.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Saw the trailers. GAWWWWWWWWWWWWD it looks painful. well, I can always go to the matinee or the second run theatre.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

So, the movie is out next week, anyone going to pay to see it in the theater or are you going to wait for the DVD/netflix release?
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I'm making my husband take me to see it. I'm unsure of some of the cast choices but the previews look funny..to me at least.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

So, did anyone see the movie? I'm really curious!

I just read 2 reviews. They were really, really bad.
    Last edited by Photobabe; 01-30-2012 at 10:20 AM.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    So, did anyone see the movie? I'm really curious!

I just read 2 reviews. They were really, really bad.
    It doesn't seem to have gotten much fanfare coming out either, which warns me of a stinker of a movie. Too bad, I really love the books and the characters.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

PWS
    FORT Fogey

My local paper, which hated it, said it was as lifeless and dull as KH's newly dyed hair.

My Sig. Other and I both loved the early books and were looking forward to this. I guess we may go anyway, but...

My reviewer blamed the writing...said even Lula and Grandma M. came off poorly. Of course the reviewer also said that in movie after movie KH fails to have chemistry with her costars--and again blamed the writing. Maybe it is time to blame the actress? I liked her way back in the day when she was a high school extraterrestrial who ate hot sauce, but even there she played the ice princess. I liked her as an intern in GA as well, and her love affair with Denny who died...so maybe she can have chemistry, just not that often. Or maybe that co-star just radiates so much chemistry it enveloped her.

CCL

A high school extraterrestrial who ate hot sauce...nice. I'm going to have to dig out my Roswell tapes.
    Methinks this is strictly a "watch it when it comes on the tv movie channel" film.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'll probably get it through the library for free. My co-worker saw it liked it but didn't like the casting. Lula is not big or flashy enough, Morelli is Irish....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread