+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

I agree, Shemar would have been better (but apparently he's the wrong age?). But maybe it's the role he plays on CM, but he doesn't look "scary" enough. He looks sweet. Ranger has to look scary at first and then you see he always has a little twinkle for Steph.

Shemar would have been a better Ranger. The Morelli guy is cute but no Morelli. The Morelli casting is even worse than the Ranger casting. I hate that Sherri is Lulu. That's really bad. And Debbie as Grandma Mazur is horrible as well. Think Estelle Getty type for her. And Heigl as Stephanie? I don't hate Heigl but Steph is curly haired brunette with blue eyes and even with the dyed hair Heigly looks nothing like the image we have of her from the books. I'm really sad over all of this. Have they even read the books? It had potential to be great and I think casting will kill the movie.
    Last edited by ChelsieFan; 10-17-2010 at 07:36 PM.

The thing is - sometimes, as awful as it seems; it ends up better than expected. My concern is whether I will wash out my personal images of these book characters and replace them with the less than perfect "chosen" actors, next time I read a Plum book. Ugh! Even if I like the movie, which I probably won't see unless most viewers enjoyed it......... I will have lost the images of my own creation.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Well, I've been a fan of the books forever. I actually got an advance copy of One for the Money long before anyone had heard of Janet Evanovich and loved it.
    However, I just read her latest - Sizzling Sixteen. It was a pretty big letdown. though.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Try "wicked Appetite" her Diesel book. It wasn't bad and Carl the monkey was in it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4085224;
    I agree, Shemar would have been better (but apparently he's the wrong age?). But maybe it's the role he plays on CM, but he doesn't look "scary" enough. He looks sweet. Ranger has to look scary at first and then you see he always has a little twinkle for Steph.
    Shemar is heading in the right direction but you need mean, dangerous and sensuous and Shemar throws out charm and sensuous not dangerous.

To the Point

Yea, but I'd take Shemar's dangerous and senuous anytime, seriously ANYTIME. The guy they've cast doesn't seem to exude any of the needed elements.

I just hope that this cast does a better job than we are all expecting.

Regarding the books, I think they have become weaker over time. The first several (I can't remember which one lost it's punch for me) were great fun and had me laughing out loud throughout. These last few have fallen flat. The characters haven't evolved and the stories have become retreads. Perhaps it's time to move on, but I still love the series for what it was in the early stages (maybe even through the middle stages).

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4089131;
    Yea, but I'd take Shemar's dangerous and senuous anytime, seriously ANYTIME. The guy they've cast doesn't seem to exude any of the needed elements.

I just hope that this cast does a better job than we are all expecting.

Regarding the books, I think they have become weaker over time. The first several (I can't remember which one lost it's punch for me) were great fun and had me laughing out loud throughout. These last few have fallen flat. The characters haven't evolved and the stories have become retreads. Perhaps it's time to move on, but I still love the series for what it was in the early stages (maybe even through the middle stages).
    That is the problem with a long series, Laurell K Hamilton's Anita Blake series I think is a prime example.

I just started smokin seventeen and the book has 2 stickers in the back. I love Morelli and I love Ranger. I am on team Ranger,lol.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I think they're hit or miss now, while they were strong in the beginning. Fifteen and sixteen weren't that great, but Fourteen is one of my all-time favorites! I think I'd have to say that twelve is my absolute least favorite. In earlier books, though, as one storyline got old, they'd add another to spice things up. Like the Albert Kloughn/Valerie relationship.

+ Reply to Thread