+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Actually, the more I think of it, I'm liking Sherri Shephard for the role of Lula. All the movies I saw her in, prior to being on the View, she was actually very good in. Especially Beauty Shop with Queen Latifah and Alicia Silverstone. She's definitely got the right attitude for Lula. She was even quite good in Precious and that entire cast was amazing. I still would have liked Gabrielle from Precious for the role. I've seen her do SNL and she was terrific at comedy.
    As far as Debbie Reynolds, I think she might be able to do it. She's actually quite good at comedy.

I'm most disappointed, though, in Morelli and Ranger. Woefully miscast, IMO.
    Still not thrilled with Katherine, but I do think Katherine is good at comedy.

I just started the latest JE book - Sizzling Sixteen. It's lacking some of the zip of the prior books, so I hope it picks up soon.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4082116;
    Not sure the guy cast as Ranger is the right physical type. I just had a picture of someone who exudes a very raw sexualiy, not sure I get that feeling.
    That is exactly it.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4082167;
    Actually, the more I think of it, I'm liking Sherri Shephard for the role of Lula. All the movies I saw her in, prior to being on the View, she was actually very good in. Especially Beauty Shop with Queen Latifah and Alicia Silverstone. She's definitely got the right attitude for Lula. She was even quite good in Precious and that entire cast was amazing. I still would have liked Gabrielle from Precious for the role. I've seen her do SNL and she was terrific at comedy.
    As far as Debbie Reynolds, I think she might be able to do it. She's actually quite good at comedy.

I'm most disappointed, though, in Morelli and Ranger. Woefully miscast, IMO.
    Still not thrilled with Katherine, but I do think Katherine is good at comedy.

I just started the latest JE book - Sizzling Sixteen. It's lacking some of the zip of the prior books, so I hope it picks up soon.

I was thinking someone more in line like Joe Flanigan from Stargate Atlantis. He has the physical look of Joe Morelli.

OK, here is a pic of Joe Flanigan, who has been picked to play Rockford in the new Rockford Files TV series. I think he would be the perfect Joe Morelli.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 10-12-2010 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4082643;

OK, here is a pic of Joe Flanigan, who has been picked to play Rockford in the new Rockford Files TV series. I think he would be the perfect Joe Morelli.
    I always picture (when I read the books) Morelli being played by Mark Ruffalo. He's ruggedly handsome, well built, but not a powerhouse like Ranger. But if I can't have him, I'd take Joe. He's a cutie!
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

For some reason all my pic was shrunk on my previous post.

Who I picture as Joe Morelli.

CCL

He's too nice-looking for Morelli. He's attractive but there is no hint of danger, no smoldering good looks. Plus he doesn't look Italian enough.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

he's a hottie Bearcata. I hate Sherri as Lula, she'd better bring the attitude because from what I saw in the pics her clothes fit too well and are too tame for OUR Lula. Debbie Reynolds - no, just no. Grandma Mazur is skinny and boney and looks like a soup chicken - ill fitting skin and apricot coloured hair. The screenplay had better do the books justice because the cast is seriously sucky.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4083701;
    he's a hottie Bearcata. I hate Sherri as Lula, she'd better bring the attitude because from what I saw in the pics her clothes fit too well and are too tame for OUR Lula. Debbie Reynolds - no, just no. Grandma Mazur is skinny and boney and looks like a soup chicken - ill fitting skin and apricot coloured hair. The screenplay had better do the books justice because the cast is seriously sucky.
    That's why I was thinking more Mo'nique. She can pull off attitude. Or Nicey Nash.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;4083216;
    For some reason all my pic was shrunk on my previous post.

Who I picture as Joe Morelli.

He works for me! Not happy about the actor chosen for the picture, your guy would be better for me.
    But, the actor chosen for Ranger - looks nothing like the description of a guy who would melt women.... He isn't (IMO), built like Ranger - what they couldn't do better? I would like someone as good looking as Shemar Moore (from Criminal Minds) - not that he even has the time to do a movie. But, someone who is drop dead goregous (ok handsome). This dude in the movie is so not Ranger, not hot - not swoon worthy. Sorry, maybe he just doesn't photograph well but will look better in the movie. (I hope).

Here is my Ranger
    Last edited by Mike'sgirl; 10-16-2010 at 03:16 PM. Reason: add picture
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

+ Reply to Thread