+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4081157;
    Cloris Leachman didn't play Grandma Clampett. It was Irene Ryan.
    I think you misread JavaJo--she said Cloris should play Grandma Mazur, not that she DID play Granny C.

I'm with you who think Grandma M. is skinnier than Debbie R. She's basically too pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;4081226;
    I think you misread JavaJo--she said Cloris should play Grandma Mazur, not that she DID play Granny C.

I'm with you who think Grandma M. is skinnier than Debbie R. She's basically too pretty.
    Yeah, that's what I meant. I always picture Granny Mazur as she's described in the book....chicken like...lol. And really really old.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Did the casting director even READ the book???

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4081566;
    Did the casting director even READ the book???
    I'm going to take a stab in the dark here and say....No.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

The books are fantastic but the casting for the movie is awful. I will skip the movie and just keep reading the books. I hate that Katherine is even in my head now for Stephanie Plum. I need to get out of here quick and try to erase the image. lol

In case anyone hasn't seen the pics: One for the Money (2011) Movie
    There are pics of pretty much the entire cast. I LOVE Debbie Reynolds, but she's not right for Grandma Mazur. I always pictured Estelle Getty when I read the books. Of course, that can't happen, but there are some wonderful character actresses out there (whose names I can't remember, of course, because they're character actresses! ) who would fit the bill. That, along with Sherri Sheppard feels like stunt casting.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4082056;
    In case anyone hasn't seen the pics: One for the Money (2011) Movie
    There are pics of pretty much the entire cast. I LOVE Debbie Reynolds, but she's not right for Grandma Mazur. I always pictured Estelle Getty when I read the books. Of course, that can't happen, but there are some wonderful character actresses out there (whose names I can't remember, of course, because they're character actresses! ) who would fit the bill. That, along with Sherri Sheppard feels like stunt casting.
    Estelle Getty would be another (along with Irene Ryan) perfect casting for Grandma. Surely there's someone living who'd be better than Debbie Reynolds! Though she's getting a bit over-exposed, Betty White could capture the attitude, but physically she wouldn't be small enough for my vision of Grandma Mazar.

To the Point

Not sure the guy cast as Ranger is the right physical type. I just had a picture of someone who exudes a very raw sexualiy, not sure I get that feeling.

BTW, I had previously seen the pictures of Katherine Heigl as Stephanie and, while she wouldn't have been my pick, I can live with it (I think.) Most of the casting of the other characters (with the possible exceptions of Joe and, believe it or not, Lula.) just seem so WRONG. Ranger, Vinnie, Grandma Mazar - YIKES! I'm not familiar with the guy playing Ranger, but he doesn't seem to have the "presence" that Ranger needs.
    It's a shame because I was looking forward to the movie but not with this cast!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama;4082091;
    Estelle Getty would be another (along with Irene Ryan) perfect casting for Grandma. Surely there's someone living who'd be better than Debbie Reynolds! Though she's getting a bit over-exposed, Betty White could capture the attitude, but physically she wouldn't be small enough for my vision of Grandma Mazar.
    Yeah, Betty White is also too "pretty".... Grandma M. needs to be scrawny and feisty and clueless that younger people might see her as unattractive. She's always after the guys, and guys her own age seem interested.

+ Reply to Thread