+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Giles is too small to be Ranger as I picture him. I think Sherri would do a great job as Lulu, she has perfect wit and timing with her jokes and I could really see her playing the part. Sandra would have been a great Stephanie.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3988287;
    Giles is too small to be Ranger as I picture him. I think Sherri would do a great job as Lulu, she has perfect wit and timing with her jokes and I could really see her playing the part. Sandra would have been a great Stephanie.
    I have always pictured Ranger as muscular, tonned and trim. His strength comes with knowledge. I can easily see Gilles. Ranger is mysterious and smooth, first. Skilled in tricky ways to bring someone down rather than using an over muscular frame. That is my mental picutre. A man who can put a thumb in the neck at just the right place and bring someone to the ground without mussing a hair.

Quote Originally Posted by live4romance;3988287;
    Lula is supposed to be a huge (think tall and big boned) woman. Lula is not a comedian... and is only comic in her physicality. Sherri Shepherd is short and will so NOT be intimidating! Terrible.

It's just confirming that they are not taking the books seriously and instead are attempting to make a somewhat farcical interpretation of the Stephanie Plum series.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3989531;
    I posted a close up of one of those earlier, she so does not look like Stephanie.

As far as the Lula cast? How is a little short, round woman going to be funny dressed up in spandex? Lula is funny because of the way she dresses and acts and her physical appearance, she isn't funny because of what she says (at least not intentionally).

Again, the casting shows that the producers and casting department haven't read the books and have no clue/interest in casting true to the books.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm starting (very slowly mind you) to not mind the physicality of Katherine as Stehanie. No, she's nowhere near my first choice, and I'll reserve the right to wait and see how she pulls off the "essence" of Stephanie, if you will. But the wardrobe? Could not be more wrong. The denim vest? purse? boots? Even the t-shirt is wrong...not that Steph wouldn't wear one of course, just not that one!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;3989775;
    I'm starting (very slowly mind you) to not mind the physicality of Katherine as Stehanie. No, she's nowhere near my first choice, and I'll reserve the right to wait and see how she pulls off the "essence" of Stephanie, if you will. But the wardrobe? Could not be more wrong. The denim vest? purse? boots? Even the t-shirt is wrong...not that Steph wouldn't wear one of course, just not that one!
    Stephanie does mention in some of the books a thing for designer handbags her and Lula both. I believe it was in the early books. The outfit yeah not Stephanie,but the purse is.As someone else who spends hundreds on handbags I will never forget seeing that in the books.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

on Janet Evanovich facebook she has a question on who should play Joyce Barnhardt in a movie? As far as Ranger the vote was 42% for the rock!

here are the results of viewers
    Who should play Joyce Barnhardt in a Plum movie?
    Wendi McLendon-Covey
    35% (1,391 votes)
    Keira Knightley
    5% (213 votes)
    Julia Roberts
    12% (493 votes)
    Kathy Griffin
    7% (294 votes)
    Debi Mazar
    12% (485 votes)
    Kelly Ripa
    2% (69 votes)
    Gia Carides
    1% (30 votes)
    Ashley Judd
    2% (96 votes)
    Angelina Jolie
    3% (107 votes)
    Felicity Huffman
    1% (36 votes)
    Marisa Tomei
    7% (276 votes)
    Lara Flynn Boyle
    3% (127 votes)
    Marcia Cross
    2% (67 votes)
    Madonna
    1% (46 votes)
    Laura Prepon
    1% (43 votes)
    Christina Hendricks
    1% (48 votes)
    Jennifer Tilly
    4% (149 votes
    Last edited by MsDiva2007; 07-18-2010 at 10:04 PM.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

CCL

^ Those choices are random. Keira Knightley !?!

I'd love to see Gia Carides in the movie. I would have liked her as Connie myself.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Joyce, SP, and Joe all have to be about the same age. Susan Sarandon???

I looked up Wendi on imdb....she looks familiar, but the only role I recognize is from a visit to The Office, as "concierge Marie".
    Last edited by PWS; 07-19-2010 at 03:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread