+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Re: Stephanie Plum novels to be movie

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3969455;
    I LOVE Jason O'Mara.... But I still see Mark Ruffalo as Morelli and The Rock as Ranger. I'll see the movie, of course, because I adore the books, but I'm hoping that they have cast the right people and that it falls together in the theater. We'll see.

And Connie should be Jean Smart. IMO, anyway.
    ITA about Jean Smart, although she's probably too old at this point. She would have been great as Connie.

I love Jason O'Mara too, but he's just not Morelli. Surely there are some unknown actors who would have been better suited to play Morelli and Ranger.

If only they'd made the movie ten or more years ago - Sandra would have been perfect as Stephanie. Katherine is just too shrill and annoying to play her. I used to really like her, but she's been playing the same irritating shrew for I don't know how many movies now. I'm over her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

FORT Fogey

I'm good with the actors cast for Vinnie, Ranger, and Connie.

Katherine is way too cute to be Stephanie.
    I'm disappointed in both the Ranger and Morelli casting.
    Both are decent actors, but not believable, for me anyway, in these roles.

Have they cast Grandma or Lulu yet?
    Those, to me, are 2 of the most important characters.

BTW, Ms. Evanovich sold the book rights more than 10 years ago. As she stated at a book festival, "they paid me a **itload of money".
    Her in person persona is pretty much SP.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I still don't see KH as Steph, but she is pretty good with her comedic timing and the Plum series is all about comedy. I'm not real sure how it will pan out but I'm hopeful. Maybe we will all be surprised and it will be terrific. One can hope.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3969455;
    I LOVE Jason O'Mara.... But I still see Mark Ruffalo as Morelli and The Rock as Ranger. I'll see the movie, of course, because I adore the books, but I'm hoping that they have cast the right people and that it falls together in the theater. We'll see.

And Connie should be Jean Smart. IMO, anyway.
    Those would be good picks for the roles, but sometimes after the movie's come out I start to see those actors when I read the books. Right now, my vision of Morelli and Ranger are pretty hot guys, and I have some concerns that the movie picks will change my enjoyment of the books.

I hope that by the time the movie does hit the screen, I will accept the actors performance, but not surrender "my vision". Anyway, it will be fun to see the first book come to life.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;3969452;
    Have you seen Miss Congeniality? Sandra IS Stephanie in that movie....lol. And Steph is a tomboy. She's not girly at all.
    Yes. I will have to respectfully disagree, Sandra's character in that movie is not how I picture Stephanie nor is she a tomboy when I read her, just a Jersey girl.

Dwayne Johnson as Ranger -- the face is right but I think he may be too tall/big. But definitely headed in the right direction lol.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Hmmm I picture the Rock when I think of Ranger. Hot body and sexy smile.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

They haven't cast Lula yet? If they leave her out it's a waste of the whole move from book to screen!
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

Quote Originally Posted by gracie;3974616;
    They haven't cast Lula yet? If they leave her out it's a waste of the whole move from book to screen!
    It depends on where they start the movie and if they are doing more than one. Lula wasn't in the first one. Can't remember when exactly she came in...second or third? It's been so long since I started the series I just can't remember.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

It has been awhile. Lula was introduced in book 1. The fighter Benito Ramirez was the guy that beat her up. Lula gave up being a prostitute and decided filing was easier on the nerves.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread