+ Reply to Thread
Page 74 of 74 FirstFirst ... 246465666768697071727374
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

I haven't decided either. I feel like I haven't really enjoyed many of the ones I've chosen - probably because they're not in my preferred genres and I feel like I have to read them so it becomes a slog. Or I get to the end and have a big ol "meh" feeling about it.

for Jan, I had picked Twist of Faith (mystery/suspense) - it was alright. The end annoyed me.
    for Feb, I chose Neighborly - I'm still trying to get into it.
    April I picked It Ends with Her and haven't even started it yet.

I don't know - I think it's mostly that the genres don't interest me so choosing is difficult.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Well, I guess I'm glad I'm not the only one! If nothing jumps out at me and there's something my dad might like (his Kindle is on my account), I'll just get something for him, but there's not really anything he'd like.

I like way's idea of waiting a while to see how the reviews are. I usually choose from memoirs, literary fiction/regular fiction or thrillers, but there's not one this month that really stands out. Poo.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I ended up picking the thriller The Speed of Sound, even though it's one of a series and I try to avoid those. The others just looked...meh. Hopefully I chose well.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I generally avoid anything that's in a series too. I'm wavering between the non-fiction/memoir, the contemporary fiction and the literary fiction. I'm going to wait for some more reviews.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I pick up free books on Free Booksy and other sites that now show up in my email. Very annoying when it is book 1, but sometimes the others are in the Unlimited borrowing section of Kindle. Only problem there is that I have to actually read the damn things so I can free up space - 10 borrowings at a time. I'm such a slow read lately. I mean I've got people ready to leave earth for the long ride and I can't keep up with consciousness long enough to keep it going. Still trying.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I get a lot of free egalleys from publishers, so my account is LOADED with books. I also get cheap ones for my dad, whose Kindle is on my account too. At this point, we'll never run out of reading material.

I get daily emails from BookBub and Early Bird Books that link to cheap and sometimes free ebooks. I'll have to check out Free Booksy. I thought I was on the Booksy email list, but maybe not. So many of those sites/companies have similar names. I can't keep track of them all.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

I know. I got caught up in an OOPSIE! on FaceBook last night. BookPerk promised free books so I joined; but discovered that, while it said I could download the books to Kindle, it downloaded to my8 computer, instead. Also, I don't know if the book I ordered is truly free because when I clicked on the information button, it said $11. I searched the email for a "get me out of here" button, but I think I'm stuck. Me - caught again. sigh
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread