+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3780305;
    Yeah, finally read the directions, no backlit option... too bad! Be great for reading in bed w/o disturbing your partner... well, maybe the next version.
    Seriously - a little book light is not at all expensive. I must have 3 or 4 in junk drawers around the house I could send you. The fact that it's electronic paperless ink or whatever they call it and not backlit is one of their selling points.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Newbie

Hi Everyone,

New to this site, so I let you know that the Kindle is good, but prehaps you should look at the Sony E-Reader as another options at $200 dollar lower then the kindle and you don't have to send to back to Amazon to get it fixed if it breaks down at all...same features less money.

My wife has got it for Christmas and she loves the Sony E-Reader...

Just an FYI

Regards
    WC96

Quote Originally Posted by WC96;3780599;
    New to this site, so I let you know that the Kindle is good, but prehaps you should look at the Sony E-Reader as another options at $200 dollar lower then the kindle and you don't have to send to back to Amazon to get it fixed if it breaks down at all...same features less money.
    Really? The Sony reader is only $50??? I would have gotten one for each of my kids if I'd known that.
    Count your blessings!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by WC96;3780599;
    Hi Everyone,

Just an FYI

Regards
    WC96
    to FORT,WC96! Competition can only make them both better!

One of my students and a woman in my cancer support group got Kindles for Christmas. I'm eagerly showing them tricks and shortcuts.
    Count your blessings!

I am happily 13% (or so LOL) through my first Kindle book (The Help, LOVE IT!) and am so very impressed. I have found that it has broken me of one of my very worst lifelong reading habits. When I read, I can't help but glance at the bottom of the right hand page coming up as I turn the page, so I am always jumping ahead, racing to get to what I saw, etc. With the Kindle, it is contained enough that I am only focusing on what I am reading, yet large enough that I don't feel like I am constantly turning pages. I really feel like I am savoring the book more than I would if it was on paper. Another point for the Kindle!
    Wag more, bark less

Question for Kindle Lovers,

While getting a mani / pedi over the weekend, a woman was reading to her daughter with the Kindle.
    The print looked extremely small to me.
    I assume there's a way to enlarge the font, correct?
    TIA
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Yes, there are several options for font size. I found the one I like best for normal reading, but enlarge it when I am on the elipitical and a little more bouncy!
    Wag more, bark less

thanks, Jamie, for the response.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I use the next-to-largest size for reading, but the smallest size if I'm skipping through something or re-reading to find something I should have bookmarked. I use the bookmark feature a LOT. I also use the dictionary cursor enough that if I hear a word somewhere or am reading something else and want a word meaning, I miss having that feature for every single aspect of my life.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread