+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 125253545556575859606162
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

Quote Originally Posted by Punkin View Post
    Somehow I found this site called www.BookBub.com and signed up with them and every day I get an email from them with a list of 5 or 6 e-books that are either free or anywhere from $.99 to $2.99.
    Yep.

BookBub ROCKS.

And nope, I DON'T remember how I stumbled up on it, either.

I thought you guys might've already tumbled to it, and I was late to the party, as usual!

Punkin likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Bookperk does the same thing - every day, you get email with at least 3 titles that are reduced to $.99-$3.99 (usually $1.99 or $2.99).
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kindle

There's also ebookdaily.com -

Free Kindle Books. EVERY DAY! @eBookDaily http://ebookdaily.com/#3032bf22utm_s...r_share_points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just my two cents on Kindle. If I had it to do over again I'd get a regular tablet and download the Kindle app rather than get Kindle Fire. It doesn't have a lot of regular apps and downloading audiobooks through Audible.com is full of glitches. Books would only partially download, or they'd be there, then poof, gone. I ended up downloading to my phone, which was more reliable.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

When I was looking to buy something, I asked the sales guy's opinion and he said that the Kindle Fire was the most bang for your buck. I had a coupon for like $50 off, and some rebate coupons, so I bought it. And I haven't regretted it. It seems like it has a million apps, way more than I care about for sure. About the only things I do other than read is pop a bubble or two and get onto youtube, so it's great for that. Having no experience with a regular tablet, I don't know the difference, or what I might be able to do on the table that I can't do on Kindle.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread