+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 70 FirstFirst ... 115152535455565758596061626364656667686970 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

$48.95.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown
    Spring 2016 FoRT Yearbook Title: "Most Likely to Make a Short Story Long, and a Long Story LONGER!"

Wow. You have a lot of free downloading coming up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Woo hoo! I got a whopping $1.46. I'll try not to spend it all in one place
    overseas likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Whoa! $141.45! I would never have checked if there hadn't been something to click on here--thanks, Kiz! I still have over $100 left, but almost a year to spend it-- I think I'll manage! I used Kindle to send a lot of Christmas and birthday presents, i think that helped raise mine.
    Kiz likes this.

It's not the sending, but the purchasing of e-books published by certain companies. Did you purchase e-books for others' kindles?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Woo hoo! I got a whopping $1.46. I'll try not to spend it all in one place
    Yes, I had 73 cents!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This is a weird problem. I just got an Amazon promotional code to buy Kindle books that are ONLY sold by Amazon.com and NOT by a publisher. Every book I look at on Amazon is sold by the publisher. If you look under the price info at the top of the listing, it says "Sold by:" and I haven't found one yet that ISN'T a publisher. Any idea how to find the ones sold by Amazon? I want to use the promotional code, but can't find anything to buy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Somehow I found this site called www.BookBub.com and signed up with them and every day I get an email from them with a list of 5 or 6 e-books that are either free or anywhere from $.99 to $2.99.
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is a weird problem. I just got an Amazon promotional code to buy Kindle books that are ONLY sold by Amazon.com and NOT by a publisher. Every book I look at on Amazon is sold by the publisher. If you look under the price info at the top of the listing, it says "Sold by:" and I haven't found one yet that ISN'T a publisher. Any idea how to find the ones sold by Amazon? I want to use the promotional code, but can't find anything to buy!
    Could you try an advanced search in books, using "Amazon" as the publisher?
    your path is beautiful and crooked and just as it should be

I did that, but all I got was sad self-published-looking stuff. I hope that's not all there is...... I may just email them and ask.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread