+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

$48.95.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Wow. You have a lot of free downloading coming up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Woo hoo! I got a whopping $1.46. I'll try not to spend it all in one place
    overseas likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Whoa! $141.45! I would never have checked if there hadn't been something to click on here--thanks, Kiz! I still have over $100 left, but almost a year to spend it-- I think I'll manage! I used Kindle to send a lot of Christmas and birthday presents, i think that helped raise mine.
    Kiz likes this.

It's not the sending, but the purchasing of e-books published by certain companies. Did you purchase e-books for others' kindles?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    Woo hoo! I got a whopping $1.46. I'll try not to spend it all in one place
    Yes, I had 73 cents!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

This is a weird problem. I just got an Amazon promotional code to buy Kindle books that are ONLY sold by Amazon.com and NOT by a publisher. Every book I look at on Amazon is sold by the publisher. If you look under the price info at the top of the listing, it says "Sold by:" and I haven't found one yet that ISN'T a publisher. Any idea how to find the ones sold by Amazon? I want to use the promotional code, but can't find anything to buy!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Somehow I found this site called www.BookBub.com and signed up with them and every day I get an email from them with a list of 5 or 6 e-books that are either free or anywhere from $.99 to $2.99.
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    This is a weird problem. I just got an Amazon promotional code to buy Kindle books that are ONLY sold by Amazon.com and NOT by a publisher. Every book I look at on Amazon is sold by the publisher. If you look under the price info at the top of the listing, it says "Sold by:" and I haven't found one yet that ISN'T a publisher. Any idea how to find the ones sold by Amazon? I want to use the promotional code, but can't find anything to buy!
    Could you try an advanced search in books, using "Amazon" as the publisher?
    remember to play

I did that, but all I got was sad self-published-looking stuff. I hope that's not all there is...... I may just email them and ask.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread