+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 63 FirstFirst ... 848495051525354555657585960616263 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

I now have two Kindles and my iPhone linked to my Amazon account. Does anyone know if there's a way to see what books are on each device? One of the Kindles is my mom's and I don't want to "send" her a book if she's already got it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

We have two kindles on one account. If I'm not mistaken, if I download a new book on my kindle, it goes to the Archive on my husband's kindle, and he can then go in and activate the ones he wants.

The other Kindle on my account is 400 miles away and is in the possession of a non-tech savvy pair, so I don't want to rely on them for the information. With my Amazon account, when I load it on my Kindle, it's not loaded automatically on theirs - in the Archive or otherwise. I was just hoping there was somewhere on my Amazon account where I could view lists of which titles were loaded on which device so they don't end up with duplicates.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

My problem with that is that unless I remember to click on Kindle2, it automatically tries to download on my original Kindle. Be aware on the order screen that the Kindle listed in the upper right hand box is the one you want for the download.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I often go to my Manage Your Kindle screen so I can download to my Kindle and my PC. There's a dropdown button on the left side of the screen that says something like, "Send to my...." and you choose the device. The default is my paperwhite, but the other choices of my registered devices are them for me, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

On my mom's Kindle, the newest additions don't always show on her archives until she has turned the wireless on and either added or deleted a book from/to archives. Then all of a sudden it's updated. You might try that.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey

I just ordered my first Kindle ... I'm a diehard lover of "real" books ... but I have so many books and nowhere to put more. I hope I like the Kindle and that it's easy to use. I'm actually excited about it now!
    waywyrd and PWS like this.

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

It's amazing how many more books you can store in your digital book case. Have fun and good reads with it.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Enjoy, AlwaysVeg! I think my Kindle has made me even more of a bookworm. I was also running out of room to put "real" books, but I can store so many on the Kindle. I quickly got over the weirdness of not holding a regular book in my hands.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

AlwaysVeg - if you haven't already - go to the beginning of this thread and pick up some pointers. Don't hesitate to ask if you have questions. I LOVE my Kindle. I share my account with my mom and 2 daughters. I think my son has the app on his iPad.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread