+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Kindle

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Kindle

I love that I found that sale. I paid close to $14.00 for five books. Besides the Beautiful Creatures collection, I also purchased A Perfect Day by Ira Levin (Rosemary's Baby fame) for $1.99. The way they've been pricing, $14.00 isn't unheard of for one book these days.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

All 8 of the Maximum Ride series by James Patterson, are on sale today only for $2.99 each for Kindle.

Harper Collins' Book Club Girl blog is running a promotion where 13 of their titles are $1.99 each. These what they're calling book club favorites. Barbara Kingsolver and Isabel Allende are two of the authors. There's info on the blog here: Book Club Girl Baker's Dozen Spotlight: Shelley Noble and Juliette Fay - Book Club Girl - Book Group Recommendations, Reading Group Guides, Audio Book Club Podcasts, but the full list (and ordering info) is on their Facebook page (there's a link to it at the bottom of the blog page in the link). They have them for Kindle, Nook, Kobo and several other formats.
    coltnlasma likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

woo hoo! Had enough amazon points to buy a book and only pay shipping. I decided why not? Went online and saw the book was free for Kindle! Limited time of course!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I went to a yard sale today and got a Kindle for $25!!!! I had to tell her to unregister it (and had to tell her how as she wrote it down). She's barely used it. I'm excited because it's one of the large older ones with a keyboard, but no internet. I don't want internet on my Kindle. You can't buy the older ones anymore on Amazon, so this was a real find. I'll either hold on to it until my Kindle dies or give it to my mom for mother's day registered to my account.
    Jamie5632 and JavaJo like this.
    Count your blessings!

Does anyone subscribe to any newspapers or magazine on the Kindle? If so, what has been your experience?

I tried to add Time since I have a subscription, but somehow registering my subscription number sent the online form into a loop and there it has stayed. I tried Smithsonian, but it was too difficult to read with their large pages and the Kindle's small screen.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Ariel, Is it safe to assume by your comments that you don't have one of the larger screen HD Kindles? And if so, I wonder if magazines & papers would look different on one of those? Thanks for answering me, hopefully others will chime in as well. I haven't bought one of these yet, so I'm still in the decision stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I went to a yard sale today and got a Kindle for $25!!!! I had to tell her to unregister it (and had to tell her how as she wrote it down). She's barely used it. I'm excited because it's one of the large older ones with a keyboard, but no internet. I don't want internet on my Kindle. You can't buy the older ones anymore on Amazon, so this was a real find. I'll either hold on to it until my Kindle dies or give it to my mom for mother's day registered to my account.
    That is what I like about mine, its a touch and all I need it for are books. I have a pc and I have a smart phone, I don't need to be that connected to the internet all the time.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Ariel, Is it safe to assume by your comments that you don't have one of the larger screen HD Kindles? And if so, I wonder if magazines & papers would look different on one of those? Thanks for answering me, hopefully others will chime in as well. I haven't bought one of these yet, so I'm still in the decision stages.
    Your are correct. In commercials they show the new HG to be about the size of an ipad, but is it the larger or the smaller ipad?

+ Reply to Thread