+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree53Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

The Collections issue is actually pretty much the same as the Recipe Box on the several cooking sites I go to for recipes. You can create subfolders for your recipe box, which I always do, but anything you save to a subfolder also gets saved to the main recipe box. If you delete something from the main recipe box, it is also deleted from the subfolder. It's much easier to program the database that way, so I guess that's why they do it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I have that issue with other places for organizing pics as well.

I recently purchased two kindle books and neither showed up on my device. When I opened my kindle device on my computer the books were on there as AZ1 files (??)... but when I went on the device itself to find them to read, they were not on there. Anyone else have this happen?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

If you click transfer by cable you need to go through a set of steps to get from computer to kindle. If you just see to kindle they'll appear when you're connected to wireless service.

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    If you click transfer by cable you need to go through a set of steps to get from computer to kindle. If you just see to kindle they'll appear when you're connected to wireless service.
    I did send it via USB as my wifi isn't the best. ITs how I always download my books.

I totally understand about the wireless. Mine isn't the greatest either and for a long time that's how I did my books. Did you put the books into the right file on your kindle device? My mom used to always drop them outside of hte file with all the other books and never was able to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    I recently purchased two kindle books and neither showed up on my device. When I opened my kindle device on my computer the books were on there as AZ1 files (??)... but when I went on the device itself to find them to read, they were not on there. Anyone else have this happen?
    I'm having that issue too. I just got an iPhone and wanted the Oxford English Dictionary rather than dealing with data rates on using Dictionary.com time after time. I have the OED in my kindle library and have sent it to my iPhone multiple times, but it never shows up.

Since I sort of work in the book business, I can get e-galleys for Kindle for titles that the publishers don't have a lot of paper galleys on. I don't really love reading them that way, but it's a nice way to see if the book will work for my purposes before I request a hard copy of it.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Check your archives. At some point they stopped automatically sending them to your Kindle and just sent them to Archives. When I buy a new book there's an extra step now...1. turn on wireless 2. go to archives 3. find and select new book
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I totally understand about the wireless. Mine isn't the greatest either and for a long time that's how I did my books. Did you put the books into the right file on your kindle device? My mom used to always drop them outside of hte file with all the other books and never was able to find them.
    I did what I always do (and that always works). I checked every collection, my archives everything but couldn't find the actual books on my device.

FoRTer

libgirl2, I recently got a replacement kindle and had a problem of my books showing "in the cloud" on amazon through my computer but not on my kindle device. I went online to get kindle support to call me, and their representative walked me through a reboot that caused everything to show up on the new kindle. If all else fails, try their customer support staff -- I've had nothing but great experiences dealing with them.
    Florimel likes this.

+ Reply to Thread