+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: Kindle

Re: Kindle

I put a link to the settlement site in a previous post.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posters in the Kindle forum have been complaining for some time now about the price of books going over $10. When Kindle first came out, one of the "promises" was that no book would be over $10. Anyway, a year ago, probably more, the publishers started upping their prices and Amazon had no choice but to increase the prices of the new books coming out. Oh, the outcry!

I'm glad enough of an outcry reached the publishers' ears and a settlement has been made.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

I don't remember if this was ever resolved - but someone asked about collections on the Kindle Touch - if you go to guide on the Kindle, page 36 (I think) has the instructions. I think basically, you just go to the menu screen that shows all your books, put your finger on the book you want to add and hold your finger there. When the list of options pops up, select "add to collection."

Granted you should also be able to remove a book using that same method and I don't seem to have that option - which is really frustrating.
    JavaJo likes this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Right, I was able to add books to a collection...but they were also still in my giant list of books...so starting a collection didn't really reduce the number of items I had there. When you added a book to a collection did it disappear from the basic list?

You know you can archive any books you don't want on your screen, right? You will still own them and can retrieve them any time you want.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    You know you can archive any books you don't want on your screen, right? You will still own them and can retrieve them any time you want.
    Yes, but I really don't want A Tale of Two Cities anymore. I slogged through it, to say that I've read it, and I'm done. I have no desire to ever look at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Right, I was able to add books to a collection...but they were also still in my giant list of books...so starting a collection didn't really reduce the number of items I had there. When you added a book to a collection did it disappear from the basic list?
    I haven't actually added anything to a collection, just saw that the option was there.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I've archived a lot of books, but I'd still like to be able to collect them and reduce the visual clutter...

I archive a lot of books but also want to keep a lot of books for rereading or reference on my kindle. Plus there's a lot of books I have yet to read on there. That's what I wanted to use the collections for. To organize those books I haven't archived and get ride of the visual clutter. Right now collections just add to visual clutter.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I got an email on my Kindle about some new features they've added to the Kindle yesterday with a site to report issues, so I "reported" the collections issue. I got an email this am that was a pretty hysterical collection itself...from either a new imigrant or an offshore outsourced Kindle "issues" office....mostly a lot of "standard" responses written in excellent English pasted together without much regard for flow from one paragraph to the next. BUT it opened with a much more useful response in fairly broken English saying that I was correct, there's no way to reduce that clutter by using collections, and that it would probably be quite a while before anything was done about that, but they'd let us know if it happened.
    I also said I wasn't the only one bothered by this and told them how to find the FoRT Kindle page. Who knows, it may get fixed, although I"m sure they have probably assigned most of the creative tech types to working on the next iteration of Kindle.

+ Reply to Thread